Thread: WH40K logos?

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Default WH40K logos?

Warhammer 40,000 fans? I would really love some help. Could one of you fine artists turn some of these sketches into hi res clean logos?

There is at least one nice clean logo going around the internets made from the original Jez Goodwin designs for the navy. I'd like some of his specific designs made into similar clearcut logos to make transfers to put on flyers on the tabletop. I assume other brothers and sisters would love to get their hands on this too. So if you have any talent with photoshop and fancy making a simple black and white image out of these sketches, I and the rest of the Imperium would be forever in your debt!

This is the only one on the net:

This is, according to Jez Goodwin's original designs for the Imperial Navy, the more standard icon (the above one being for use on uniforms and bulkheads).

This is the symbol for naval transports, presumably ideal for Imperial Guard Valkyries etc

This is the one I'm really after, it's the logo for fighters. Note that the lightning strikes are similar to Horus Heresy imperial symbols!

This is the original image these logos are cut from.
    Last edited by Hengest; February 15, 2018 at 11:45 AM.

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: WH40K logos?

Ok so basically this is the main logo + wings, 2 or 4 arrows.
    I'll do it, let me some time...

Which resolution would be fine to you at the lowest ?
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Celtic Magister's Avatar Miles

I was unaware that there were such a variety of logos sketched out for the Imperial Navy. Games Workshop's most recent writers don't seem to pay attention to minor things of that sort anymore.
    ---Unit Modelers and battle map creators wanted!--- Discord: https://discord.gg/7qwdgr4

Quote Originally Posted by cedric37 View Post
    Ok so basically this is the main logo + wings, 2 or 4 arrows.
    I'll do it, let me some time...

Which resolution would be fine to you at the lowest ?
    Dude! Nice to see you again. Whatever is best for you, to be honest. I think anything above 600x600 would get used on websites, but for making transfers and things like that 600x600 should be big enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Magister View Post
    I was unaware that there were such a variety of logos sketched out for the Imperial Navy. Games Workshop's most recent writers don't seem to pay attention to minor things of that sort anymore.
    True, although now we have fighters and bombers and even an "officer of the fleet" model in game. Plus, there are several Forge World infantry models that are based on the old Jez Goodwin designs but they don't call them navy now. 8th Edition has become pretty big and I'm sure sooner or later we'll see more models. I really love these old original drawings, it's a shame that GW has become so colourful and Disney now. John Blanche!

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Thanks nice to see you too.
    Something like this ?

Last edited by cedric37; February 15, 2018 at 02:01 PM. Reason: more logos
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Celtic Magister's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Hengest View Post
    Dude! Nice to see you again. Whatever is best for you, to be honest. I think anything above 600x600 would get used on websites, but for making transfers and things like that 600x600 should be big enough.

True, although now we have fighters and bombers and even an "officer of the fleet" model in game. Plus, there are several Forge World infantry models that are based on the old Jez Goodwin designs but they don't call them navy now. 8th Edition has become pretty big and I'm sure sooner or later we'll see more models. I really love these old original drawings, it's a shame that GW has become so colourful and Disney now. John Blanche!
    Fortunately it has not become Disney bad yet. If that ever happens, we will have no choice but to order exterminatus upon GW's headquarters. For now it's just overemphasis on Ultramarines (and not even the truly interesting chapters such as the Blood Angels or Raven Guard). There's are also these new Primaris marines models, but they don't seem too popular among mid-tier to more experienced players of the game. They also seemed very gimmicky.
    ---Unit Modelers and battle map creators wanted!--- Discord: https://discord.gg/7qwdgr4

Exactly! That was quick!

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Moved to a more relevant location
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader