Thread: Constant crashes on large battles

Default Constant crashes on large battles

On large battles theres at least an 90% chance its going to freeze then give me the shogun 2 total war .exe has stopped working. Iv'e already checked everything and my computer is well capable of handling this game. I have the memory,ram,video card and os requirements met. Iv'e also updated my graphics card and tried updating my audio but it says it's already up to date, setting graphics to the lowest specs helps a little bit but the crashes still happen often. Steam will not give me a refund and im at my wits end trying to find a solution. I feel like i may end up having to eat the 45 bucks i spent because of poor optimization. My dxdiag is below.DxDiag.txt

Default Re: Constant crashes on large battles

Quote Originally Posted by andy85258 View Post
    On large battles theres at least an 90% chance its going to freeze then give me the shogun 2 total war .exe has stopped working. Iv'e already checked everything and my computer is well capable of handling this game. I have the memory,ram,video card and os requirements met. Iv'e also updated my graphics card and tried updating my audio but it says it's already up to date, setting graphics to the lowest specs helps a little bit but the crashes still happen often. Steam will not give me a refund and im at my wits end trying to find a solution. I feel like i may end up having to eat the 45 bucks i spent because of poor optimization. My dxdiag is below.DxDiag.txt
    Large battles. By that you mean full stack armies? Did you had previous any mods installed?

Quote Originally Posted by izzi View Post
    Large battles. By that you mean full stack armies? Did you had previous any mods installed?
    Dath mod, but the problem existed before then too.

Try to make an entire clean install of the game and play first with 100% vanilla. Also before doing a clean install, delete the Shogun 2 folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War SHOGUN 2 and also in C:\Users\User_Name\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2. After you delete those folders. Uninstall in steam and re-install again.