Thread: Renaissance Pike and Shot submod for SSHIP (0.9.2)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Icon10 Renaissance Pike and Shot submod for SSHIP (0.9.2)

This submod for SSHIP provides new textures, skins, and unit officers for late-period pike-and-shot era units of the late 15th and early 16th centuries. Although the colors and military standards used are not entirely historically accurate, this can be enhanced with further submods and releases. The new material is taken entirely from The Italian Wars mod for M2TW (a permission link is given below).

Furthermore, although changes have been made to the export_descr_unit file, the mod should be entirely save-game compatible with your current SSHIP campaign! Let me know if there's any technical issues you may have with the mod.

PRE-INSTALLATION ADVICE:
    If you haven't done this already, I would advise backing up your Stainless Steel mod somewhere on your computer or on an external hard drive. You never know what could go wrong! Perhaps you accidentally put it in the wrong place. Who knows? It's just a wise decision.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
    1) Download the .rar file
    2) Locate and open the .rar file on your computer with 7zip, WinRar, or any other software program allowing you to unzip files
    3) Direct the file to the "SS6.3" folder (i.e. Stainless Steel), which should be placed within the "mods" folder of your main "Medieval II Total War" folder.
    4) It should ask you to overwrite files. Simply click yes. If it did not ask you to overwrite files, that means you did something wrong!
    5) Enjoy the newly-skinned units and officers!

DOWNLOAD FILE:
    Click here for the upload page (located on ModDB)

CREDITS AND PERMISSIONS:
    Credit goes to The Italian Wars team, including Aneirin, who gave me permission to use material from the Italian Wars mod here.

POST-INSTALLATION ADVICE
    To get the full experience and to see all the different textures and models, I would advise players to not just recruit mercenaries like Swiss halberdiers and leave it at that. As I have seen in my own campaign, you can actually upgrade the armor of some mercenary units in cities with advanced blacksmiths, i.e. the armorer of the late 14th century that allows for full plate and armor factory building of the 15th century for late Gothic plate armor. It actually makes a big difference in their appearance, FYI!

UNIT PREVIEW:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mercenary Arquebusiers 0120.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	218.4 KB 
ID:	358566 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Halberdiers 0045.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	233.2 KB 
ID:	358563 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Late Musketeers, Black Band Arquebusiers, and Mercenary Arquebusiers 0033.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	245.3 KB 
ID:	358560 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Venice army 0092.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	302.3 KB 
ID:	358557 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Swiss Halberdiers 0046.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	212.6 KB 
ID:	358564

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	City Square fight 0124.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	299.9 KB 
ID:	358561 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Basilisk 0027.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	243.4 KB 
ID:	358558 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gothic Knights 0102.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	217.7 KB 
ID:	358565 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Doppelsoldner 0082.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	162.4 KB 
ID:	358562 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Late Musketeers, Black Band Arquebusiers, and Mercenary Arquebusiers 0032.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	247.2 KB 
ID:	358559
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 13, 2020 at 04:12 AM. Reason: version clearly stated in the title