Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Failed to update the mods in Workshop

Icon4 Failed to update the mods in Workshop

Hello. The "new" Mod Manager of Steam doesn't let me update my mods to the Workshop. Appears this error message:

There are several open posts about this problem in other forums, but nobody knows anything and nobody has answers. Did someone had the same problem? Was able to resolve it? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Default Re: Failed to update the mods in Workshop

I've had the same happen twice in 12 hours, even though I only wanted to update a tiny UI mod of less than 100kb.

Still can't use the 'continue campaign' function either. Do they even test these things before they foist them on the world? Really, it's been a week since they 'updated' the launcher. It's just ridiculous.

After an hour of trying I deleted the mod and uploaded it again with a changed file name. Hopeless.

As of February 5, I can't update any mod of Attila in the Workshop, and every day appears the same message, having the impudence to lie and say that the servers are too busy. They are using the Mod Manager of Attila as a guinea pig (test field) for the damn freak of Warhammer. What little shame do have...

Thanks for posting this issue here too Miguel!

Yes I experience this issue also and for some of my mods since 2016. Here are all threads about this issue on the official CA forums:

https://forums.totalwar.com/categories/performance

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...ons-and-issues

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...e-error-code-2

Here is a workaround with the custom file user.script.txt:

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...as-ruined-mods
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

You can edit or create the user.script.txt file in this folder and make it read-only. (right click on the file and open properties)

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\user.script.txt

mod "MOD_NAME1.pack";
    mod "MOD_NAME2.pack";
    mod "MOD_NAME3.pack";

And of course all other custom Mod .pack files (Steam and non-Steam) which you want to load which are in your Attila data folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\total war attila\data

Then you can launch the modded game, but don't touch anything in the Attila Mod Manager launcher. If you want to turn off mods, then you can just delete their lines from this file again.

I recommend to all TWC modders, that they also post their issues on the official CA forums as it is more likely that CA will recognize and fix this problem faster if posted also there.

The todays small update basically fixed the issue that non-steam mods can't be loaded through the official Attilla Mod Manager.

But the upload issue with the "Mod Update: Error Code 2" is still there. So CA must investigate this further for us modders that we can upload/actualize our mods.

How incompetents... Now the updates in another separate PACK file, hehehe, it return as before. It seems that the 8GB or more is a chimera.

I'm back to the patch 6 of Attila through Steam to rescue the old Launcher to check if it works, then I'm back to the current version of the game. But with the old Launcher I've been able to update a mod.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1216166789

Here I leave the previous Launcher for those who need to update their mod in the Workshop and want to try this method.
    Folder: "...\Total War Attila\launcher\"

Launcher download link (.rar): https://mega.nz/#!KdhmWBgD!p23cBcJRK...K1peXyW26oZHOE

Launcher download link (.7z): https://mega.nz/#!mUhThSLC!mTHEJBJtr...q2YaB8r1wlndvg

IMPORTANT: Only valid for mods that were uploaded with the previous launcher. Before the 5th of February.
    Last edited by Miguel_80; February 16, 2018 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Alternative link

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Oh my god Miguel, it WORKS! Thanks a heap mate. Opifex and Man of the Hour straight away.
    You might want to post the fix on this thread.
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; February 15, 2018 at 09:04 PM.

Many thanks Caligula! I have already posted an announcement. Take a look to see if it seems right.

Link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15521714

IMPORTANT: Only valid for mods that were uploaded with the previous launcher. Before the 5th of February.
    damn...

If you try update it creates another new article apart (with the same name, curious). I've tried it with a hidden mod that I have for make tests; I created it when he didn't let play the non-Workshop mods.

I found a solution for the big issue "Mod Update: Error Code 2" where we Modders can't update anymore some of our mods since the last Launcher update.

I used the newest Attila patch and the newest Launcher files.

The hint from Miguel_80 and our discussions were worth GOLD.

Here is my solution and I made backups of the texts on my Steam thread before doing this, that I can easily copy/paste the texts back again.

1. open the Steam thread
    2. click on "Edit title and description"
    3. change the title of the mod to the exact .pack file name. As an example if your mod is called mod.pack, then you need to write exactly this in the title.
    4. delete the whole description
    5. save
    6. open the Attila launcher
    7. press the update button
    8. open the Steam thread and add again the previous title and description

For me this update process worked fine. Could please someone confirm that it helped too?

Yes, with this method it works to me. It seems incredible, after so many headaches. Your idea has been very good Swiss Halberdier! Many thanks for the discovery!

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel_80 View Post
    Yes, with this method it works to me. It seems incredible, after so many headaches. Your idea has been very good Swiss Halberdier! Many thanks for the discovery!
    Great these are very good news!

Huge thanks to you Miguel_80 for our valuable discussions which we had internally! Great that we found now a solution together.

So let's hope that others also can confirm this solution here on this thread.

Great work! I'll try in a few hours and report back.

Ok Theramines. I hope everything works well for you.

I'm happy to report that it worked.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Same here by the way. Forgot to respond to your PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast