Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Are you pre-ordering?

JackDionne's Avatar Senator

Default Are you pre-ordering?

I never thought I would again afterRome II. I am hoping for the best and my answer is yes I will be toshow my support.
    3K needs to have an Avatar Campaign!!!

Default Re: Are you pre-ordering?

please don't it only encourages bad behavior it made sense back in the day when we used physical copies

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

At the very least, wait until more information is out. We haven't seen a single bit of in-game footage.

JackDionne's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    At the very least, wait until more information is out. We haven't seen a single bit of in-game footage.
    Yes I understand it is a double edge sword. If I see any fantasy crap in it, I won't pre-oder, but according to CA's web site it is supposed to be historical.
    3K needs to have an Avatar Campaign!!!

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

I have never preordered a new product. I like the idea of touch and feel. I like the idea that not just I have a chance to 'kick the tires' , but that I can assess what other people think of the product. This is why people put faith in reviews and not just believe what a manufacturer wants them to know. So, I can wait. I never was keen on being the first guy on the block with the new toy in any case.

Heck this site (TWC) is a fan site. We like to discuss and praise and loath what happens. If we are interested in what others think, why preorder? The money is not even the issue since the early discount will still return after the initial sales level off. Wait a bit may indeed not be in my personal interest, but neither is preordering.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

I suppose if I was 110% convinced I simply had to play the 3K on day 1 or 2, I would pre-order for the discount or the day one DLC bribe. In this vein, I'll probably buy ThroB just before release, as a show of support for the Saga and Jack L. But this game...no. This game already seems affected if not tainted by dynasty warriors...so I'll need to see a real change in tone from that sucky announcement trailer before I would even consider a purchase, let alone a last minute pre-order.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Reviews will probably be up a good few days before the game is released, so might as well wait at least until then. No point jumping at it anywhere near yet. Same for Thrones of Britannia. If the games are broken, we will know about it.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

HELL NO, only a fool would pre order

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by JackDionne View Post
    I never thought I would again afterRome II. I am hoping for the best and my answer is yes I will be toshow my support.
    Of course. Been waiting for this for almost a decade already.

Anyway, I dont have time much for gaming nowadays so the only games I play are TW games so preordering or paying full price comes very easily.

The only TW game that I didnt buy on release was the first Shogun (only discovered the Warlord Edition) and Napoleon (because my new rig was not ready and my old one can barely play ETW.).

Been preordering since Rome II (when no more retail store near I live exist) and all games now until Warhammer 2.

The only stuff I didnt preorder or seldom preorder are DLCs. Usually I bought those on sales except when I really, really wanted to play the DLC (like Tomb Kings )

nah i stopped preordering when rome2 came out

I'm waiting for the complete edition. I only have RTW and Medieval 2 but I'm buying Rome 2 Attila and 3k once the complete edition goes 75% off.

No, I'm not, and neither should you. Pre-order is anti-consumer.
    lol

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Too early atm to even claim anything, there's no special editions or anything like that yet.

Tbh I'm a little fatigued, I got Empire Divided, W2(Which I never intended on buying to gain it a cheaper price.) and then the TK, and Witcher 3 and some other other DLCs for AOE II.

I need time to play them first.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

I never pre-order. Even when I want a game full priced I buy it a few days after release. Typically the week-end or some weeks later.

When I buy a game full price I like to have a physical copy. Like music album it make me happy to see the box on my desk.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Gein View Post
    I never pre-order. Even when I want a game full priced I buy it a few days after release. Typically the week-end or some weeks later.

When I buy a game full price I like to have a physical copy. Like music album it make me happy to see the box on my desk.
    Sadly no more physical copies for me. The last one was Napoleon. There are only few brick on mortar stores in my country left and those mostly console games.

Anyway, with Steam regional currency (and region lock) it's very much cheaper to buy on Steam, at least for TW games.

Yeah, I usually pre-order because I need the preload days to download so I can play it on release. If I bought on or after release I wouldn't be able to play for at least 2 days of downloads I'm guessing.

For ThroB, yes. I like the setting, wanted the physical copy and liked the War Child charity support. Also, in Jack I trust. However, for this game, no. I'm not yet convinced it will actually be a historical grand strategy game, rather than "Total War: Agents and Heroes". I'll wait a while after release in order to check out the forums and gauge the reactions of real players, rather than professional reviewers and youtuuuBe personalities. I did the same for Attila because of Rome 2.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Since Rome II I've said I won't preorder, yet I've preordered every game since then.....
    I'm not going to preorder Three Kingdoms either
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

I don't pre-order anything. I usually buy things when they are on sale. In this case I will wait for this to come out and see some reviews before I even consider buying it at all, I do not intend to pay full price for it even if I did.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

The only games you should pre-order is games like Elite Dangerous, Kingdom Come and Shenmue. All other games preordered lowers quality and allow dishonest devs and publishers more Ferraris.
    lol

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast