Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Are you pre-ordering?

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Are you pre-ordering?

Reminder: Be civil to each other and respect different opinions. Some people like to pre-order while others don't. It's a totally subjective choice.

A big no for me. Rome II wounded deep.
    Reg: They've taken everything we had and what have they ever given us in return!?
    Xerxes: The aqueduct. Reg: Oh yeah, yeah they gave us that. Yeah that's true.
    Activist 1: And the sanitation!
    Stan: Oh yes...sanitation, Reg you remember what the city used to be like.
    Reg: all right, that's two things that the Romans have done...
    Matthias: And the roads...
    Reg: Well yes obviously the roads goes without saying. But apart from...
    Activist 2, 3, 4, 5: Irrigation...Medicine...Education...and the wine...
    Francis: Yeah the wine. That's something we'd really miss if the Romans left.

While I haven’t yet, I will soon. The main reason is I can take advantage of both Christmas and Chinese New Year and my wife won’t mind. Otherwise, it will be awhile to wait for a discount equal to value of the game minus the DLC.

I gave been watching Partelutes channel. I’ll post a link when I have s chance. There is an interview with two of the lead developers. It’s worth a watch. Even if the game comes out unpolished, CA have recently try to fix some errors (for better or for worse LOL).

legate's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm not going to pre-order a game that might turn out to be a waste of money. I'll wait a week or so after release to check out user reviews and videos before I decide.

There are certainly elements of the game I am looking forward to, but also could be broken (i.e. diplomacy). No naval battles, despite being important in this period, is also a concern. Having not heard or seen anything about the classic mode is another thing I want to wait for. I have little interest in buying a part-fantasy game.

Personally speaking, pre-ordering makes no sense and maybe part of the problem with CA currently.

Quote Originally Posted by legate View Post
    I'm not going to pre-order a game that might turn out to be a waste of money. I'll wait a week or so after release to check out user reviews and videos before I decide.

There are certainly elements of the game I am looking forward to, but also could be broken (i.e. diplomacy). No naval battles, despite being important in this period, is also a concern. Having not heard or seen anything about the classic mode is another thing I want to wait for. I have little interest in buying a part-fantasy game.

Personally speaking, pre-ordering makes no sense and maybe part of the problem with CA currently.
    This is not exactly true.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Watching the video

CA is clear that inspiration for character models, overall style was contemporary -- anything from "pop culture, cinema, tv shows...other games" CA is also selling us a kind of fundamentally flawed logic behind the game's design which I think is just an excuse to cash in on popular culture. They float the idea that there's no difference in China between the history and the myth and that therefore they can do justice to both somehow by blending them together.

They also omit the point that beyond Red Cliff, naval control of rivers was absolutely pivotal in 3K warfare. They should just come clean and just admit they spent the budget on martial arts duels not naval...
    Last edited by Huberto; January 29, 2019 at 09:24 AM.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    This is not exactly true.
    In an interview the crusial part is the questions and who asks them. Because if two people want to "answer" to convinient questions that is NOT an interview that is an advertisment!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Finally bought the game. Got extra RM10 during current lunar sale.

Hope I'm still gonna be alive when the game goes live 😁.

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    Finally bought the game. Got extra RM10 during current lunar sale.

Hope I'm still gonna be alive when the game goes live .
    same here, got discount for the sale. hope can play as WU 东吴 。。

Pre-ordered.

​Scoodlypooper Numero Uno

I preordered as well. However, my wife is Chinese and I have been living off and on in China for 5 years, so... Plus, I need to take advantage of Christmas/Chinese New Year to sooth over my wife.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by AngelDeath View Post
    same here, got discount for the sale. hope can play as WU 东吴 。。
    I still have no idea who I'm gonna start with. 🤔

F no. #lestweforgetRome2
    Reg: They've taken everything we had and what have they ever given us in return!?
    Xerxes: The aqueduct. Reg: Oh yeah, yeah they gave us that. Yeah that's true.
    Activist 1: And the sanitation!
    Stan: Oh yes...sanitation, Reg you remember what the city used to be like.
    Reg: all right, that's two things that the Romans have done...
    Matthias: And the roads...
    Reg: Well yes obviously the roads goes without saying. But apart from...
    Activist 2, 3, 4, 5: Irrigation...Medicine...Education...and the wine...
    Francis: Yeah the wine. That's something we'd really miss if the Romans left.

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    I still have no idea who I'm gonna start with. 樂
    马腾will be nice with their cavalry... china version of macedon...(cavalry only)

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Any faction with the best archers? Or better horse archers?

Seems that CA fandom never ever learns a lesson, to pre-order after ETW, RTW2 and Attila(which is still in shambles). I'd rather pay for a functional and polished game, then pay and pray for one.

Ultra123's Avatar Senator

I wont be pre-ordering this, number 1 because I'm no fan of the setting and seeing previews looks far to arcade for my liking, and number 2 pre-ordering leads to bad habits for game devs these days. Not to mention there is no point to it it was useful back when we had to buy disks and have them shipped but now everything is online there is no need other than to drink the poison chalice of 'pre order bonuses'

On top of this, the incredible work by modders over the years shows me what a TW is truly capable of. for a more recent example, just look at DEI for rome 2, what a hell of a game that finally is with DEI on top. Outside of fantasy (I really enjoyed Warhammer TW though the battles being fast paced was remedied fast by modders) I will likely never buy a TW on release until modders step in and make the game historical and add depth.

I simply cannot thank TW modders enough for what they have done, EB, TATW, COW, RS, SPQR, DBM, SS, DEI, Radious, Darth and so many more all will live on for many many more decades of my life than anything else in the gaming world, CA in my mind has proven they can make the skeleton but not the soul.
    Last edited by Ultra123; March 21, 2019 at 05:40 PM.
    Originally Posted by Garbarsardar
    R2 is a deeply flawed, partially completed, hastily assembled, sub-par product.

Pre-ordered.

Looking at all the new features they have added in Three Kingdoms, especially to espionage, diplomacy and characters, this looks like most in-depth and realistic Total War title ever. Love the setting as well, which is rarely touched by western game developers for some strange reason. Love the art style and UI. Love the diversity between factions despite the limitation of a single culture.

Battles are as unrealistic as ever. I have just learned to accept it. At least there is a semblance of chain of command this time in the armies, which is welcome.

And really impressed with the attitude of the devs for this release. They are taking their time to make the game they want instead of a rushing a broken game to launch. They have also added a bunch of things based on player feedback.

With steam refunds, there is practically no risk to pre-ordering anymore. So no point in making some futile statement by not pre-ordering and saving a some money on those extra factions..

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

I preorder Warhammer DLC, since I'm more or less sure of what I get.

For 3K, I'll wait to see how well it works. I pre ordered Rome 2, and the experience wasn't that good...

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Ill be waiting for the initial reviews, though it is likely I will order at some point.

My experience with Rome II left a deep scar on my psyce, kinda like grabbing a hot stove.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast