Thread: bushmonster's Workshop

Default bushmonster's Workshop

Hello everyone, I made this thread in order to share some of the things I'm working on. Mainly it's just unit editing for TATW but some other stuff may come in as well.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by bushmonster951; March 12, 2018 at 09:02 PM.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: bushmonster's Workshop

Hello bushmonster951, on behalf of the Graphics Workshop staff I welcome you and your thread here and let me say that we love seeing more graphics and modelling work.
    I, in particular, have a soft spot for models for M2TW, and though I am not much into the fantasy stuff, I do believe that any work done for this game keeps it alive.
    I ma hoping that in building on your great start you will become a lot better as you keep working on it!
    + A welcome Rep! - (As soon as my pool gets replenished that is )

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Welcome to the Graphics Workshop, indeed
    Feel free to visit other people's workshop and exchange, give advice etc.
    This place is a wondeful place to learn and help each others.
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Thank you guys for the warm welcome, much appreciated!

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Bushmonster,

Well, you are going to go along way with this fantastic work, keep it coming, + rep

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

What the others said, welcome to the bohemian grotto of artists. By the way, do those pictures double as unit cards or are they just screenshots of the units?

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    What the others said, welcome to the bohemian grotto of artists. By the way, do those pictures double as unit cards or are they just screenshots of the units?
    Thank you. They do indeed, I prefer this kind of unit cards over the standard screenshot type. I found out the "perfect" ratio that still works normally for me is 200x300 any bigger than that and they start causing ui glitches and/or crashes.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by bushmonster951 View Post
    Thank you. They do indeed, I prefer this kind of unit cards over the standard screenshot type. I found out the "perfect" ratio that still works normally for me is 200x300 any bigger than that and they start causing ui glitches and/or crashes.
    Could I ask how you make these unit cards? Eg are they in-game screenshots with the background edited out?

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    Could I ask how you make these unit cards? Eg are they in-game screenshots with the background edited out?
    I make them in Milkshape. First I position a model in a way that looks at least half decent, then I use Fraps for the screenshot and after that it's just editing in GIMP. Open the screenshot and use the crop tool and set the fixed aspect ratio to 200:300 or any other value to get the right dimensions, not necessarily the right size but you can always resize the picture. After that I use the select by color tool and set the threshold to 5, then it's just adding alpha channel, selecting the background, deleting it (since it's very bright blue the threshold of 5 seems to work very well at selecting just the background), resizing the picture to 200:300 and sharpening it.

Updated the first post with new units.

Celtic Magister's Avatar Miles

Are you by any chance accepting requests for things not exactly related to TATW? If so, there were a few weapons and shields I would like to request be modeled (not too many).
    ---Unit Modelers and battle map creators wanted!--- Discord: https://discord.gg/7qwdgr4

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Magister View Post
    Are you by any chance accepting requests for things not exactly related to TATW? If so, there were a few weapons and shields I would like to request be modeled (not too many).
    To be honest, TATW is the only part of M2TW that I'm interested in and even if I was interested in other mods I currently don't have time to work on other things as my summer semester is starting this week. Maybe sometime in the future.

After some absence I decided it's time to rework the units that I already made, so now I'm here again sharing the work with you.

Last edited by bushmonster951; March 12, 2018 at 08:19 PM.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

It's a nice one.
    If you like I could make some improved shield textures for it.

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    It's a nice one.
    If you like I could make some improved shield textures for it.
    Thank you for your generous offer, but since this will be the only unit to use this exact shield and there's plenty of others, I don't think it's worth the time you'd have to put into this. Thank you again for your offer, it's good to see people are still willing to lend a helping hand!

Another day, another unit.

Last edited by bushmonster951; March 12, 2018 at 08:41 PM.