Thread: Rome: Total War scenario generation tool. An eternally fresh way to play your favorite game.

Icon3 Rome: Total War scenario generation tool. An eternally fresh way to play your favorite game.

Greetings, RTW lovers!

I'm happy to present to you a tool, which will let you replay Rome till the wheels come off :)

Some time ago I grew tired of playing the same campaign while still wanting to play this fantastic game. And, eventually I found a way to freshen things up a bit. Basically, what this tool does is it put factions on the map in random fashion. Interested to see Carthaginians in Britain? Here you go. Romans in desert? Look no further!

I want to start simple. So, as of this writing, only RTW vanilla 1.5 is compatible. There are two options:
    1. Roman factions left as they are in vanilla, everyone else is all over the place.
    2. Not even Romans could resist and all factions are distributed at random (albeit all settlements of each faction are grouped in clusters).

There are some fixes to be made as well, such as an absence of ports and admirals at the start of a campaign. I wrote about another one on the tool's website. These things can be fixed, but I wanted to know if there any interest. If there is, then I'll try to implement features which I have in mind, like:
    • number of settlements;
    • strength of armies;
    • armies' composition;
    • relationships between factions;
    • unit stats;
    • family members' traits and ancillaries;
    • and more...

So here it is: http://tw-scenarios.fun/
    Installation instructions are on the site.
    I hope you like this tool. Feel free to leave a feedback and tell what you think.
    And have fun!

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex

Default Re: Rome: Total War scenario generation tool. An eternally fresh way to play your favorite game.

Welcome to TWC, Skiffle! This looks very cool. +rep

Consider posting an Announcement about your tool if you want to spread the word around TWC.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ds-(Rome-WIPs)

Default Re: Rome: Total War scenario generation tool. An eternally fresh way to play your favorite game.

Hello,

I see your tw.scenarios website is no longer being hosted. Could you kindly provide a way to continue using your randomizer? I know it seems redundant now but yours seemed to work better with mods whereas the other randomizer only works for vanilla RTW.

Regards