View Poll Results: Would you like such mod for DAC 2.0 ?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah absolutely, it's fun

0 0%
  • Why not, it gives some diversity

4 30.77%
  • No really my kind of gameplay ( still what an awesome work omfg )

9 69.23%

Thread: [SUB-MOD] DAC Slaughter Edition

Icon8 [SUB-MOD] DAC Slaughter Edition

Greetings to you and to my first humble modification !

First, some general informations about the mod :

- As a passionated LOTR fan, I discovered DAC in December and in my usual modding madness, I told myself that I wanted something different to what TATW have used us to. I tried to achieve a mix between the Medieval 2 vanilla game and the LOTR modification.

- This subsubmod is not meant to be fully balanced, as you will understand through the reading. Nothing is definitive however.

- The lore is dead, long live the lore. Deal with it.

REQUIREMENTS : Don't forget to backup all concerned files. I am not responsible of what could happen if you do not follow this simple rule.

- DAC 1.2 ( surprise )

- VARG modification from The Black GoldFish :
    for unit ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...C-1-2-(PREVIEW) )
    and banners
    ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-January-2017) )

The reason why they're necessary is because I tweaked the unit stat based on the equipment they're wearing, their culture, and their race. Same for the banners submod, since I built my descr_sm_faction with a mix of the DAC developpers total war submod and the banner mod.

Features :

A total war like diplomacy. There are some preset relation, to initiate some conflict early on. One exception, if you take the Ring, the ring script will go as planned, factions are going to dislike you. The Isengard ring script (fixed version from cant find the thread, I will try to find the rightful author ) works normally aswell.

- Unit's stats : In short, unit are more specialized, fights are less forgiving, bad tactics can have terrible outcomes.

All unit are now composed of ( almost ) the same amount of soldiers :

The standard infantry number is 70 (EDU value = Small unit size), some (weaker) factions have +10 men ( so even more on normal, large, and huge unit size ).

They are now based on their visuals, their culture, and their race. ( The equipment gives a standard value that I have establish, the culture ( Rohan mail armor =/= Gondor mail armor ) tweaks it a bit, the race greatly tweaks it ).

Units moral have been greatly increased and each unit inspire the other. Many unit are now given the armor piercing attributes if they possess some specific weapon ( axes, hammer, mace, two-handed swords ). If a unit possess different types of weapon like swords, maces, axes, the AP attributes is applied ( 1/3 of swords < 2/3 of AP weapons )

Unit have different attack delay in millisecond based on their race :
    Dwarves : 40 ms ;
    Humans from wealthy faction, Uruk-Haï : 30 ms ;
    Humans from wilder nations and Orcs : 20 ms ;
    Noldor and Lindon, and all non-elven pikemen and halberd unit : 15 ms ;
    Teleri unit : 10 ms ;
    Elven pikemen and halberd, woodelf and goblins : 0ms

Exemple of one of the specific rules, that might have isolated exception :
    - two handed Axes unit are stronger on the charge than in melee and their defence skill depends on the lenght of their axes
    - two handed swords unit are stronger in melee but less effective in charge but have better defence skill,
    - Zweihander unit are beast at charge, decent in melee, but struggle to defend themselves
    - The exception there are the Isengard Nazg-haï, that shows elven like skill in both attack and defence )

- Unit recruitment : Faster, because your units are going to be killed a lot.

Every unit is now built in one turn

They are now free of territorial restrictions with only few exception.
    Replenishment rate is now based on the race of the unit, Elves : 0.3/turn ; Dwarves 0.5/turn ; Human and Uruks 0.7/turn ; Orcs and Goblin 0.9/turn.

- 11 New simple barrack events :

Created to spice up the game a bit, to nerf ou buff certains factions at some point in the game. At a fixed date they will have a random chance to happen every turn, and a limit at which they must trigger in case they never did before.

Thoses events open up the recruitment of new units for factions. Some happens before the barrack event, other happens after or around it.

You can play and discover, or read the spoiler below, but I suggest not to :

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    # Dale separatists joins Erebor (DSE) - recruitement of the Dale cavalry for Erebor. Before barrack event. ( can happen at turn 10, trigger max turn 20. 25% chance/turn )

# Dwarves separatists joins Dale (DSD) - recruitement of the dwarves unit for Dale. Before barrack event, after DSE event. ( can happen at turn 21, trigger max turn 40. 15% chance/turn )

# Elven supporters joins Dale (ESD) - recruitement of the Elven unit for Dale. Before barrack event, after DSE event. ( can happen at turn 30, trigger max turn 50. 15% chance/turn )

#Variags are spreading west - Act as a buff for evil factions, from the missile and cavalry pov, enable the variag outpost building, before the barrack event. Variag unit are often armor-piercing and have an insane amount of ammo, Gondor, Dorwinion and Dol Amorth might have a very bad time.( can happen at turn 30, trigger max turn 60. 10% chance/turn )

# The Avari agrees to fight for Dorwinion- Self-explanatory. ( can happen at turn 35, trigger max turn 70. 5% chance/turn )

# Carn Dûm's Necromancers grows stronger - Let's spice the north campaign, Angmar goes full rampage with an early access to high tier barracks and units. The north is dark and full of terrors. ( can happen at turn 40, trigger max turn 55. 10% chance/turn )

# Arnor call to arms - Act as a buff to counter the Carn dûm event and the soon Imladris mighty unit, before the barrack event, after CDN event. ( can happen at turn 55, trigger max turn 60. 35% chance/turn )

# Dunedain separatist joins Bree Free cities - Act as a buff, before the barrack event. After the Arnor call to arms. Bree might disappear before but eh, happens. ( can happen at turn 61, trigger max turn 65. 35% chance/turn)

--------------------Standard Barrack Event ( can happen at turn 70, trigger max turn 80. 25% chance/turn )

#Lothlorien and Woodland Realm political opposition - Act as a buff, post barrack event, LO and WR gains the DAC alliance building and unit. ( can happen at turn 80, trigger max turn 100. 5% chance/turn )

# Isengards Necromancers experiments are successful in creating more fierce Uruk-Haï - Act as a Nerf for Isengard since their unit have been greatly buffed, unlock the elite unit, after the barrack event. ( can happen at turn 70, trigger max turn 80. 25% chance/turn )

# Gondor and DA cultural mix - Let the player have fun for waiting so long, after barrack event. Gondor and DA gain access to their full DAC rosters, but require a specific and expensive building in a large city or a stronghold. ( can happen at turn 90, trigger max turn 100. 15% chance/turn )

- Ai and Human :

The Ai and player are on an equal position from the diplomatic, the financial, and the territorial expansion point of view meaning there are no ai income boost, no ai expansion script ( Umbar invasion are an exception ).

I'm experimenting a new way to help the AI financially with as less script as possible. Buildings who gives free upkeep gives more than before, in order to not penalize the ai for having garrison. Human player also benefit this mechanics ( for now )

Furthermore, this submod contains the Azumi's simple, efficient debt script ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=#post15509151 ).
    To summarize, once an AI controlled faction goes bankrupt, at turn start this faction money will be fixed at 50 ( not enought to build unit ) and building construction cost reduced to one ( so that they invest in new economical building ) as long as they do not have a positive income balance. If they managed to reach a stable economical situation, everything goes back to normal.

-King_purse are now much higher, but this is not definitive.

- Ai use a tweaked Skynet Ai from z3n
    (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...5596-Skynet-AI)

- Fixe :

The spear_bonus bug of DAC 1.2 ( fixed in 2.0 ) is also fixed here.

- Factions specificity :

- Elves : Strong unit, low recruitment rate, insane elite. There is no elven alliance script anymore.

Lindon and Imladris :

Posses the best elven armor. Their Noldor warriors are balanced for attack and defence. Their archery skill however is weaker than their Silvan Elves counterparts.
    Both can now recruit Mithlond nobles and Eregion smith anywhere.

Lothlorien :

- Best defence skill ingame ( The lothlorien bodyguard are the best in Middle Earth), best overall archery damage compared to other elven unit.

Woodland Realm :

- Their archery skill is between the Noldor and Lothlorien skill. Best agressive (melee/charge) elven unit.

- Human :

- Gondor : Good infantry, Elite defensive unit ( pikemen, halberd, spearmen ). Medium cavalry. Polyvalent Archers

Gondor territory has been cut in half ( but it's still the largest ). Rebel occupies the western part of Gondor.
    Gondor and Dol Amroth roster have been separated, to give more challenge. The original roster will only be accessible in the late game.

- Dol Amroth : Well, no real changes, the separated roster does enough IMO. Gobel Tolfalas now belong to Dol Amroth. The original roster will only be accessible in the late game.

- Anduin, Dunland, Enedwaith : More men per unit ( around 15% ), probably the hardest campaign.

- Rohan and Khand : Their soldiers are numerous, and so does their cavalry.

Khand archers are now deadlier. Khand roster enlarge mid-game.
    Rohan soldier, surrounded by heavily armored foes, are great AP warriors as such.

- Harad : Low armor, but their melee infantry is focused on armor piercing.

- Umbar : No real change, except Gobel Tolfalas now belong to Dol Amroth.

- Rhûn : Great overall faction, friends of the Khandish and Variags people.

- Bree : Not much changes. Dunedain unlocked mid-game.

- Northern Dunedain : Posses exclusively the Tharbad pikemen that they can recruit anywhere ( Gondor et Dol Amroth can still recruit them in Tharbad, if the bridge is rebuilt. ).

- Dale : Like the englishmen, very good AP archers from the beginning. Decent infantry.

- Dorwinion : Polyvalent, good crossbows, Avari unlocked mid-game. The Dorwinion script is gone and has been replaced by a random event.

Dwarve : Strong unit. Armor rate is huge, armor piercing weapons everywhere.

Ered Luin and Erebor aren't really changed.

Khazad-dûm :

THERE IS NO MORE KHAZAD SCRIPT, you start in Khazad-Dûm East at the start. No fight against the balrog, no Gandalf.
    Balin bodyguard are now the standard bodyguard. Zenith Guard ( the old standard bodyguard ) are elite units for the late game ( since they look a lot like the First Legion, I felt that those two would look fantastic and the battlefield )

"Evil" factions :

Isengard : Very powerful Uruk unit, from militia to Elite. Easy campaign. Nazgh_Haï are recruitable without the ring, but needs another special event to be recruited.

Mordor : Powerful all around, lack versatility. Trolls are stronger, and will be your best buddy for the late game along with the black numenorreans

Angmar : Powerful, with an easier campaign until you reach the elves.

Ootm : Harder campaign, most of their neighbours have been buffed, and they do suffer from the standarization of the unit size to 70. Good luck.

Dol Guldur : Strong bow unit, good charge stat.

INSTALLATION : ( Back up your files, you fool ! )

Link : https://mega.nz/#!8YwHGLyC!dbzdwme8pyvoIK1-Qcep6nUsUMqrxsM96p6Efd6BlyA

- The classic copy/paste the data folder in your DAC folder

- Once installed, delete the map.rwm in data\world\maps\base.

- Launch !

Credit goes to :

- The DAC team for making their excellent mod !

- z3n for the Skynet AI !

- The Black Goldfish for his work on thoses sexy units !

- and to Azumi for the debt script !

Feedback is greatly appreciated !

Update : Campaign script properly working now
    Last edited by Firnafin; March 04, 2018 at 10:10 AM.

Melvasul's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: [SUB-MOD] DAC Slaughter Edition

Question:
    # Arnor call to arms - I have not understood what does it do :/
    # Dunedain separatist joins Bree Free cities - Bree will disappear? D:

1) Act as a barrack event for the mid-tier unit of Dunedain

2) Act as a barrack event for the dunedain camp for both Bree and Imladris

Melvasul's Avatar Biarchus

Perfect, but (as long as the other ones are fully explained) what do they do?

1) The Arnor call to arms enable the second tier for dunedain barracks and militia barracks.

Theses second tier enable the recruitment of the mid-tier unit ( Arthedain Men-at-Arms ; Grey Company ; Two handed swordsmen, Heavy Militia Archers/ Cavalry ). Furthermore, since the second tier is the max tier barrack for Dunedain, the large_barrack_event will gives them right away th possibility to recruit their elite unit, while other faction will have to build their tier 3 barrack first.

2) In the original DAC, Bree and Imladris can build a Dunedain camp to gain access to the Dunedain Wardens and Cavalry for Imladris, and the Dunedain Rangers and Two handed swordsmen for Bree.
    The Dunedain camp will not be buildable from the start and will only be some time after the Arnor call to arms event.

Hey,
    as a human player, I can not build ports.

Gruss KINNE

Hey !

What was the faction you were playing ?
    Which settlement was concerned ?

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

It's nice to see people engaged in making mods, would be even nicer if more mods were in non fantasy settings, but we'll take what we can!

At all factions and settlements. The AI can build but I as a player not. I will re-install the game as a precaution.

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    It's nice to see people engaged in making mods, would be even nicer if more mods were in non fantasy settings, but we'll take what we can!
    Thanks for your post

I did a similar modification for KGCM 4.3, but never released it since I'm modding only for my personal use.

As for this sub-submod, even though I did not made a good presentation of it, it show that is hard to aim at a large audience since almost everything has already been made.

I will make a better version of this mod ( respectively a campaign part for the few interrested in, and a battle part that I think most people could like ), but I won't put as much effort as I did for this first release ( from december to the release, something around 150hours testing, and surely the same amount in modding )

Quote Originally Posted by KINNE DER GROSSE View Post
    At all factions and settlements. The AI can build but I as a player not. I will re-install the game as a precaution.
    Odd, I never had this problem, and since I did not change the port building I don't know where it could come from. Keep my informed if the problem persist after re-installation
    Have you done some personal modification ?

It would be nice if someone else could tell us if this issue also happened on their game too !

A new installation has brought nothing. The order of installation, 1.VARG, 2. Banner Mod and then DAC Slaughter Edition. Is this correct?https://www.file-upload.net/download.../0001.jpg.html https://www.file-upload.net/download.../0000.jpg.html

The ordre of installation is correct. The result isn't..

Open the export_descr_building.txt with notepad++, once opened, do the search and replace command (ctrl + H) and type " and event_counter dunland_unlock_port 1" and leave the other case empty.

Click "Replace all", look if you can now build ports

Tell me if it works
    Last edited by Firnafin; March 04, 2018 at 02:00 PM.

Thanks, this works.

Glad to hear it, have fun and stay tuned for the DAC 2.0 versions

Hello

will the submod update to 2.1?

Yes, I'm working on it