Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what factions in Warhammer 3?

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: what factions in Warhammer 3?

This would be the perfect map for WH3 IMO

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

Why yes, that'd be a very nice map, Steph.

I do hope we get more than Darklands, Mountains of Mourn and the Chaos Wastes because that'd be one visually depressing map. It'd be a map consisting almost entirely of industrial wasteland, mountains and Chaos wasteland with only the southern part of the map having some more variety.

Patrician Artifex

And the map "only" increase the size of the ME map playable area by 50% eastward, and 20% southward (actually less, it"s more shifting lustria/southlands to put more or it).
    It should be possible to absord with some optimizations.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

I found recently very great map on reddit and TW forum. This would be great final state for ME2.0 :-) I love especially all old crazy locations as "south pole continent", sunked lands etc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...imes_werent_a/
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And this thread where is nice globus projection
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...nal-map#latest
    Warning, 50mb gif
    https://imgur.com/a/bdEY3Sn
    Last edited by Daruwind; November 12, 2019 at 11:02 AM.

Patrician Artifex

That is indeed a VERY nice map.
    - Lustria and Southlands are avaialable completly, with possibility of circumnavigation
    - More regions in Bretonnia, Estalia and Tilea make these areas more interesting.
    - Sunken lands and Isles of Lustria: Amazons confirmed
    - Cathay, Nippon, Ind are in, makes for some interesting new races beside Chaos and Ogres

I think there could be a few changes to make it even better:
    - There are 50 regions for Empire (including Sylvania). And around 50 for Darklands, and 50 for the mountain of Mourn. I think it may be too much. so the size of the added part could be reduced by maybe 20 to 25% (so with 35-40 regions instead of 50, I think it's more than sufficient).
    - Add a few travel points to move from the east side of the map and reappear on the west side a few turns later.
    - Quenelles is too big and could be split in 2, same for Bastonne (and this would make 3 region provinces). Same for Averheim.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

I think the northern steppes, inhabited by the Norsca's cousins of the Kurgan and Hung tribes with some added hobgoblins probably warrant a reduction of the number of settlements/provinces more than the ones you suggest but I largely agree with that Steph. I do like this map and hope it's the one we see something like this (although I doubt it) but the overall number of regions added in the east can be scaled down a fair bit. I don't think the Empire will see a decrease in the number of settlements though and I doubt people would want that given that the Empire is the most popular faction.

Patrician Artifex

I'm not sure how polar regions. I also think they may have too many settlements, espacially in the North East.
    But that also depends on the race planned by CA for Game 3. If they have an heavy focus on Chaos, may be they need more room to play.

Same for South Pole. Maybe it can completly removed. Maybe it should be kept to have Chaos invasion from the South, more direct threat for the Lizardmen than if they only come from the North.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

I would kept all those strange regions (and i know it is ridiculously big map but what the heck ). Reason is simple, more complex map logic. The best campaign map up to date for me is Empire, because it is so large, so many continents. Even ME in my eyes is suffering from issue that all oceans are more likely ponds. In my eyes you can change that with enough islands, stuff like south pole with chaos..because such features simple divide map into smaller subsections. Like having Lustria and Southlands be actual continents with water around them and with a few islands you have actual reason to go around and settle those islands as your forward base.

I always like Empire for this ability to start distant land exploration in multiple directions. Like Britain. You can go Gibraltar, France...or head into N. America frontier/13colonies, Carribean islands, S America or even went into India.

Patrician Artifex

You can keep the map shape, but reduce the number of regions. Do we really need 40 regions North of the Great Bastions? 20 should be sufficient.

The best would be... a map editor! Where we could define region borders, add or remove regions, and reassign them to provicnes.

I don't mind if coastlines, mountains, forests, etc are fixed and not editable.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123