Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: what factions in Warhammer 3?

Default Re: what factions in Warhammer 3?

I have to admit that because of that GW article about Kislev i am thinking Kislev is a really strong candidate to be in the game 3. But, as we all know the most sure factions of the game will be Chaos why not do something crazy? Really crazy like.. adding the Realm of chaos? Think about it. Another theater of War like in the Empire total war. Or Mortal Empires map extends instead of much to the east but more to the north?

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

could work as a theatre of war... IF they introduce that, with a proper Lustria/Naggaroth, Southlands, UIlthuan, Old World, Far East, etc without the need to warp the continents in silly way to make it fit, and with more details, I'd be more than happy with Game 3

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Realm of Chaos is working..for Chaos. Even in case that 4 core factions are the particular chaos gods....what about Ogres and Chaos Dwarfs and Kislev? One of main Wh asset is large variety of faction and units but Chaos Realm is like on special place where it is hard to find majority of them.

But I would also love idea that in case of overall map being too large (whatever reason), CA could try to split it into theatres. Heck if they have courage, underground map for Skavens/Dwarfs would be great idea too...
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Realm of Chaos is working..for Chaos. Even in case that 4 core factions are the particular chaos gods....what about Ogres and Chaos Dwarfs and Kislev? One of main Wh asset is large variety of faction and units but Chaos Realm is like on special place where it is hard to find majority of them.

But I would also love idea that in case of overall map being too large (whatever reason), CA could try to split it into theatres. Heck if they have courage, underground map for Skavens/Dwarfs would be great idea too...
    Wow if they did a underground system like in Heroes of Might and Magic 5 it would be ORGASMIC.
    We need to ask this of CA !
    "If I had in front of me,a traitor and an enemy,and in my pistol a single bullet,I would let the traitor take it!" Corneliu Zelea Codreanu

probably ogre kingdom, kislev, chaos dwarfs and chaos demons

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...es_blank_spot/
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Just nice map how to fill current ME map. Got me thinking. Current ME would easily support a few new races/factions unlike Vortex. So what if Wh3 pre-order is ME exclusive pack in Wh2? This map can easily support TEB/Dow, Kislev, Nagash even stuff like Chaos Dwarfs and Hobgoblins..

Ok. TEB/DoW, Chaos Dwarfs require lot new assets plus are offering more LLs so Kislev, Nagash are my best pick. We might have hints for both of them. Recent Kislev addition Boyar https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...e_files_boyar/ and for Nagash speak whole recent area..Silver Peak, Strygos Empire and Nagishazzar around..

Soooooo what a surprise today!

-Kislev, Cathay are core, monogods too. 6 starting factions counting DoC, 9 starting LLs most likely covering 2x Kislev/Cathay, 4x DoC and 9th seems to be Belakor with Chaos Undivided. Unless CA is hiding 4th race ala Skaven...
    -with such setting Ogres and Chaos Dwarfs are DLC races most likely
    -Steam page is hinting mysterious ancient figure ...with desire supreme power. Either it is 9th missing LL or Nagash may be?
    The world stands on a precipice. A single push will plunge it into cataclysm.

And there is one who schemes to achieve just that, an ancient figure who desires nothing less than to wield supreme power. But to succeed, he will need a champion…
    i will just here
    https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Deathlords-Nagash
    ... Nagash, Supreme Lord of the Undead

So question is, what more we can expect. Nagash? Hobgoblins? Ind/Nippon/Kurdesh? What about DoW/TEB? With Kislev being core the TEB are last unplayable culture group from Wh1..Pre-order seems to be just Wh3 unlike Norsca, but race pack.

Fresh from my triumph in guessing the core factions...

People (included) speculate that Chaos dwarfs are going to be the pre-order incentive, but I'm not convinced. It's already too much Chaos, so they don't seem suitable. Besides the datamine leak was adamant that they are the first faction pack. Overall, they don't suit the concept of the pre-order faction, which is usually poorer in assets than the rest with quite a few copy-pasted units and a small number of legendary heroes. Given all the above, I suspect that Chaos dwarfs are going to be the first faction pack, followed by the Ogres.

Dogs of War look much stronger candidates to me, same for Nagash. Normally, I would be leaning towards the former, but the hint in the Steam page seems to point towards the latter.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Candidates:
    - DoW + Southern Realms. With new units for TEB, mostly based on Empire, but some different helmet/textures, or pikes, could even be playable in ME, and some in Vortex. We could have one LL for Tilea, one for Estalia, one for Border Prince, and one for New World Colonies. But I think they would be better later, after Ogres have been added for exemple, so they can more easily integrate some exotic units

- Nagash: hinted inthe steam page. I'm not reallyu sure what you new units he would bring... Maybe better as a FLC LL at some points, with a mix of vampire / TK units and a few specific. I'm not sure there's enough for a full race in a pre order DLC. And I think his area is too far to the South to connect with Warhammer III

- Chaos Dwarves or Ogres, may fill the gaps between Old World and Far East. Chaos Dwarves may even be playable in ME, we sill have some room for them in the Darklands for current map.

- Empire expanded: with new knights orders, new playable faction (Middenheim + Ulric). I think there could be enough material for a full DLC, and it would work well will Kislev

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345