Thread: Two Rank Fire "Can Skirmish" Trigger Question

Default Two Rank Fire "Can Skirmish" Trigger Question

Hi. I've recently got back into NTW and I was wondering how to do the two-rank firing drill like the one on Zero's old mod (which I can't find now). I've seen the posts and instructions regarding it and while I am not new to modding, it's strange that despite checking the "skirmish" option from unit_stats_land table, only the front row fires. Did they change the header? Are the instructions still applicable for the new PFM (4.1.2)?

Default Re: Two Rank Fire "Can Skirmish" Trigger Question

You need to changethe unit_abilities_junctions too but the orginal patch6.pack filehasn't the option to set the unit_abilities_junctions on volley_fire. (or at least I dont know how. Im total new in modding.)

However I changed itby another way. I used Bran's mod

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-BATTLE-AI-MOD

If you open this modwith PFM you can change fire_by_rank to volley_fire in theunit_abilities_junctions.

Than I added theunit_stats_land_tables from the orginal patch6.pack to Brans's mod.

Inunit_stats_land_tables I changed now the space between the lineinfantry to 0,65, give them skirmish and lowered the accuracy, loading skill and increase ammo. This must be donefor every infantry unit

Worked out really well for me. The game feeling is considerablyimproved.

[TD="class: td7nl, bgcolor: #E9E9E9"]Workedoutreallywell[/TD]

Thank you, sir! Gonna give it a shot. I didn't know you needed to edit something in patch6.

Yeah, worked out really well. No more idle standing soldiers. Thank you! I wonder how they did it though...