Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TECHNICAL ISSUE {{v2.2.1b}} In game issues READ OP FIRST

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Default Re: TECHNICAL ISSUE {{v2.2.1b}} In game issues READ OP FIRST

Quote Originally Posted by The Computer Illiterate View Post
    The US recruitment doesn't seem to work right. I don't have rise of the republic or anything but I was playiing the US through the road to independence episode and I can't make anything in my tier 3-5 barracks in the city
    The road to independence episode is not supported so there might be more issues, sorry.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Laetus

So I've installed IS 2.2.1b and all its patches and when I loaded it up it crashed when I launched the Grand Campaign. I thought it was odd so I deleted the scripts folder and started again. Now the game crashes a few seconds after startup. What have I done wrong? Is it to do with having Rise of the Republic installed too?

Laetus

OK scratch that, it was Rise of the Republic. My stupidity for installing both mods at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    When you use the launcher, It brings up a small splash. When you click to play, it moves the data files from the IS folder to the main data folder. When you are finished playing, you have to close the IS splash in order for the files to go back to the IS folder. When you don't do that, it screws up the whole thing. Make sure to check to see if all of the files returned to the IS folder. If they are not there, they should still be in the main data folder. Move them back in the IS folder and run the launcher. It should run fine.

Hi! I have the exact same problem. It worked fine, played for hours. The next day not able to start IS. So wondering, what do you mean by "IS splash"? Or rather, what exactly do I have to do when I am done playing for the day, so it works again the next day? I have a Steam version of the game but used the IS launcher, I think;-), when I managed to make it would yesterday.
    Hopefully I can manage to get it to work again. Love it
    Less is more

I can't recruit generals as Britain, well I could but after some time it wasn't possible. I guess it was just after researching the great infantry reforms when I couldn't recruit them anymore. Both patches installed just after I installed the mod. Anyway, great mod and I'm looking forward to 3.0 - the dev log looks great

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Tordenskjold View Post
    Hi! I have the exact same problem. It worked fine, played for hours. The next day not able to start IS. So wondering, what do you mean by "IS splash"? Or rather, what exactly do I have to do when I am done playing for the day, so it works again the next day? I have a Steam version of the game but used the IS launcher, I think;-), when I managed to make it would yesterday.
    Hopefully I can manage to get it to work again. Love it
    You need to install it manually as steam changed how games are started. Therefore the launcher from 2.2.1b can't launch ETW anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheinländer View Post
    I can't recruit generals as Britain, well I could but after some time it wasn't possible. I guess it was just after researching the great infantry reforms when I couldn't recruit them anymore. Both patches installed just after I installed the mod. Anyway, great mod and I'm looking forward to 3.0 - the dev log looks great
    Ok, this is new. We'll look into this when we come back to 2.2.1b. And thanks

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

I have a minor problem. Playing as Great Britain when on home territory I have no pictures of generals in my unit cards. Only a white space. Line Infantry are OK. When I go to my American colonies I have no pictures of generals or Line Infantry. I appreciate this is not a big thing but is there any reason for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Robleau2 View Post
    I have a minor problem. Playing as Great Britain when on home territory I have no pictures of generals in my unit cards. Only a white space. Line Infantry are OK. When I go to my American colonies I have no pictures of generals or Line Infantry. I appreciate this is not a big thing but is there any reason for it?
    Forget the above. Seems to have sorted itself.

Laetus

As Great Britain I can't train any more generals after about 100 rounds.

High Delivery's Avatar Laetus

Hey all, small problem I have ran into. I'm playing as great Britain and for some reason I cannot research the improved grapeshot tech. It states that I need canister shot researched but I have that tech completed. Thanks for the Mod as well I love the challange of IS, still need to try RoTR

I'm not sure if this is intended but the tech Machine Rifling is missing from the British Tech Tree but is required for Naval Rifled Cannons. I am using the latest patch and I hope you don't mind but I fixed the issues myself and though I have no experience modding it is pretty simple and I encourage people to do this simple fix yourself for now. Using the pack editor on Imperial Splendour 2_2 DB.pack. I edited the British technology_tables to include military_army_machined_rifling. I also included Britain in the technology_faction_junctions for machined rifling and percussion caps. The changes seemed to have worked and not only that but I discovered I have access to some new unique units such as the Green Jackets.

Quote Originally Posted by UkJack View Post
    I'm not sure if this is intended but the tech Machine Rifling is missing from the British Tech Tree but is required for Naval Rifled Cannons. I am using the latest patch and I hope you don't mind but I fixed the issues myself and though I have no experience modding it is pretty simple and I encourage people to do this simple fix yourself for now. Using the pack editor on Imperial Splendour 2_2 DB.pack. I edited the British technology_tables to include military_army_machined_rifling. I also included Britain in the technology_faction_junctions for machined rifling and percussion caps. The changes seemed to have worked and not only that but I discovered I have access to some new unique units such as the Green Jackets.
    Thanks for that info, im assuming I could use the same for improved grapeshot. were did you get the pack editor?

Quote Originally Posted by High Delivery View Post
    Thanks for that info, im assuming I could use the same for improved grapeshot. were did you get the pack editor?
    Yes you can I've just made this fix myself. There are a few ways to do it, either you can keep the requirement and add in some other junctions to the specific countries or just go to the technology_required_technology_junction table and remove the requirement completely. I suppose you could also delete other requirements for technologies that are missing from your nations tech tree but you may miss out on the missing units.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/pac...files/Release/ Im sure you know that if you do make any changes do not publish the files without permission. Though I assume it is ok to make personal changes and discuss these... I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by UkJack View Post
    Yes you can I've just made this fix myself. There are a few ways to do it, either you can keep the requirement and add in some other junctions to the specific countries or just go to the technology_required_technology_junction table and remove the requirement completely. I suppose you could also delete other requirements for technologies that are missing from your nations tech tree but you may miss out on the missing units.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/pac...files/Release/ Im sure you know that if you do make any changes do not publish the files without permission. Though I assume it is ok to make personal changes and discuss these... I hope.
    Thanks a ton UKJack! You have been very helpful
    And of course these will only be for personal changes so should be all good.

Would it be possible to provide a little more info on implementing these fixes?
    I was trying to fix the improved grapeshot issue for the British, so just tried copy and pasting the canister shot entry from the tech table into the British tech table, but that doesn't appear to have changed anything. It's clearly a bit more complex than that! I've removed the canister shot requirement for improved grapeshot, so I'll see if that works, but as you say fixing the machined rifling is more involved (if you want to unlock the units)

Greetings! I have a few problems:

1. I still get a fort when attacking London as France.
    2. Some icons on the tech trees are blank.

Thanks in advance.

This mod is brilliant, I feel I am basically playing Empire Total War II, so for that I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you.

I have not found any unreported major bugs to date, but I have noticed a few very minor issues with the speech on the campaign map when playing as Great Britain and you're about to enter a battle. For example, when the enemy faction are trying to break a siege of their township you hear "enemy fleet ahoy" or "enemy fleet approaching", which is somewhat bemusing when it is a land battle.

Finally, I would like to ask you to please keep updating and tweaking this mod! You're making Empire the game it should have been!

Cheers

JC

Hey guys

I've followed the installation instructions, but it does not seem to work. I launch the game via the launcher, it gives me vanilla Empire except that the menu's colouring is slightly different.

When I first launched, the command console came up and asked if I wanted to choose a file or directory (believe I chose the former).

I'm running the game on Windows 11.

Any help you can give would be very much appreciated

I will go through the process and see if i experience the same issues.

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    I will go through the process and see if i experience the same issues.
    Tried RoTR and I'm getting the same thing. That launcher is showing a message like 'We ran into an error we didn't expect. Your files and status might be out of sync. Please let us know about the issue and we'll look into it.'

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast