Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: TECHNICAL ISSUE {{v2.2.1b}} In game issues READ OP FIRST

Default TECHNICAL ISSUE {{v2.2.1b}} In game issues READ OP FIRST

I have retired the old thread.
    This thread is for technical issues, like bugs and
    CTDs while in the game for version 2.2.1b ONLY.
    • Technical issues with Rise of the Republic should be made here or if you have issues with the installation/ launcher of Rise of Republic, please go here.

Imperial Splendour version 2.2.1b TECHNICAL ISSUES THREAD

ARCHIVED: The old Technical issues thread.
    Last edited by PikeStance; May 31, 2018 at 02:55 AM.

Default Re: v2.2.1b TECHNICAL ISSUE THREAD (In game issues) READ OP FIRST

I installed everything correctly, however it crashes on Startup, almost instantly. Can i plz get some help?

Did you install all of the patches as well?

delete
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; March 26, 2018 at 03:02 PM.

complutum's Avatar Foederatus

As i have stated in the launcher / installer / uninstaller thread.

I have try to install IS 2.2.1b with the 2 patches and it has not worked, launch the game and in the loading screen, just before the arrowed cursor came in it drops to desktop.
    Now i will tell you what i have done to solve this.

1. launch the uninstaller and after it has completed its job i have looked for any trace of IS.
    2. Check, from steam, the integrity of game files.
    3. launch vanilla and everything works fine.
    4. run the installer for IS v2.2.1b
    5. moved to the IS directory, inside data directory, the "IS_TC_221bv2.pack" file and overwrite the "user.empire_script" file with the one provides with TC.
    6. moved to the IS directory, inside data directory, the "Alb23Modified_Deployment_Zones.pack" file and then rename it to "IS_Alb23Modified_Deployment_Zones.pack", thie last step to avoid editing the .bat files.
    7. run the launcher for IS and then form it launch the game, all seems to work ok, game starts and i got the IS main screen with TC.
    8. start a new campaign, with Spain, and play some turns, i think till 1704. Everithing is working fine, except in the diplomatic window, that i have instead of the response text form the other faction the following "missing string", also played in this little campaign probe a little battle against and NA tribe and it just also gone well.

So tomorrow i will install the first patch and see if all goes well, i suspect that the incorrect text in the diplomatic window could be related to not have implemented this patch.

Thanks to Quintus Hortensius Hortalus for his fast and friendly answer to my inquiries.

will tell you about my next step inside this great mod.

by the way, could you tell me where I must look for the unit text, I mean units names and descriptions, as I want to translate them to Spanish and correct some erroneous names as for example "Americano de Línea" which instead should be "Reg. Inf. de Línea Americana".

Thanks for your great job and be sure I´ll be waiting for the definitive version with both IS an RotR merger into a unique mod

complutum's Avatar Foederatus

forgot to say that in step 6 i have also modified the "user.empire_script", the one that the launcher moves to and from the "user\..." adding the modified deployment zones mod in top, for it to be used by the game engine.

thanks again

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

The text file is in the patch_IS_text.pack file and thanks for your guide! I'll add this later to the OP if you don't have any objections.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: TECHNICAL ISSUE {{v2.2.1b}} In game issues READ OP FIRST

so i figured i would post this here JUST IN CASE IT IS A BUG...

I noticed playing that the late era British units are LOWER Quality in their stats than the early british units.

for example: the british line infantry unit (early) has an acuracy rating of 50, but the line infantry regiment (late) only has an accuracy of 40. is this a bug or is this intentional?

also, both early and late units remain available.

are the early units supposed to disappear?
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Gregorius I View Post
    so i figured i would post this here JUST IN CASE IT IS A BUG...

I noticed playing that the late era British units are LOWER Quality in their stats than the early british units.

for example: the british line infantry unit (early) has an acuracy rating of 50, but the line infantry regiment (late) only has an accuracy of 40. is this a bug or is this intentional?

also, both early and late units remain available.

are the early units supposed to disappear?
    Thanks for the report.
    Unit stats will be looked on in the future and Pike will incorporate his new battle mechanic.

And yes, the early units should not be recruitable any more as per script command but I have my doubts about it. In addition we can't make them disappear, this is a game limitation.

Default Re: TECHNICAL ISSUE {{Rise of Republic v1.1}} In game issues READ OP FIRST

Is it normal for bows to have such long range? I'm playing IS 2.2.1

Citizen

This will be reworked when we move back to IS 2.2.1b

Technically, I am working on it, but there wouldn't be any official updates, rather testing betas to try.

Having a strange graphical bug. Any suggestions? Seems to mostly be Britain and France.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Dougphresh View Post
    Having a strange graphical bug. Any suggestions? Seems to mostly be Britain and France.
    Some old units did not have proper textures for the new units. Sorry for the mess.

Foederatus

Hi there!

First off, this is a very interesting mod, I really appreciate all the work you guys did.

I played a grand campaign as Spain using IS 2.2.1 and I encountered some issues / odd stuff (including the kind of texture glitches mentioned above).

Perhaps this isn't the right place to report / ask about some of the things I found, if so, please let me know.

Here's a list of problems I found ( + a couple of suggestions) :

1- Texture glitches, like mentioned above.

2- Some unit UI icons and portraits are missing.

3- The US didn't emerge until I destroyed Britain (1790+), the French Revolution didn't happen.

4- During the War of Spanish Succession (Britain and Austria declare war on Spain), only Britain sent an "invasion army" (quite small, btw). After landing in Northern Spain, it stayed idle for dozens of turns, the AI seemed oddly inactive.
    No reinforcements came, no supporting fleets... in other words, not much invasion at all.

5- Many AI units on the map just sat there doing nothing during the whole campaign. Also, some other AI units spent their time doing "loops" (moving backwards and forwards in order to deplete their movement, I guess).
    Overall, AI was too laid back.

6- I didn't see the option to exchange tech with other factions (via diplomacy menu). This is a major downer for me, since exchanging tech is one of the features I love about Empire. Does IS allow tech exchange or is it removed by design?

7 - (Suggestion) It would be great if IS offered the possibility of 4 turns per year. Otherwise no substantial progress can be made before the late campaign kicks in (due to capped economy).

8- (Suggestion) I get that one of the focuses of IS is to cap faction economy, in order to increase the challenge...
    However, having to pay 3000+ for a basic unit/ship/building and 5000+ for intermediate / advanced ones, is a bit too much (considering the meagre incomes generated by trade / taxes).

Playing as Spain (and owning Central + South America) I would've expected to make a decent living with all that sugar trade... however, even then, it took me 100+ turns to get on my feet, since my rate of progress was a single unit/building per turn (if I was lucky). I only had a couple half stacked armies composed of line infantry, a few cannons and a couple of ships, so I wasn't overburdening my economy with military upkeep.

Also, tech development took forever (since I couldn't exchange tech via diplomacy), which contributed to the overall stagnation. As a consequence, my faction was weak and heavily underdeveloped when the late campaign kicked in.

So, could you offer a "lite" version for IS, with softer economy penalties? For instance, "25 - 50% cost reduction" submods would be great.

Keep up the good work, though, this mod is very promising.
    Last edited by Goreuncle; October 02, 2018 at 06:57 AM.

Hello
    I instal your mod 2.2.1
    I play France I am in the year 1740 when I start the tour when it arrives in Russia it takes more than ten minutes to go to the next countries? is this normal

Russia like the Ottomans has a bug that results in an inordinate amount of time to process. It shouldn't be a recurrent event. 10 Minutes is an especially long time though.

Hi
    indeed this is a recurring event.
    I have another bug, the bercheny hussar icon and foot hunter are white.
    Last edited by castoche; December 08, 2018 at 08:33 AM.

Hello,
    indeed this event is not recurrent.
    I have another bug, the bercheny hussar icon and the foot hunter are white.

I'm having a strange problem regarding getting the game to start.

I installed the game (after some trouble figuring out how to install), and started it up using the launcher provided and it worked perfectly fine, the main menu had the Imperial Splendor 2 badge and all.

However, now the mod won't load up at all through the launcher. The Main Menu UI is all in red like it should be, but the original Empire Total War badge is showing instead of the Imperial Splendor one, and in the Play battle all of the units are the original game units.

What I have observed is that the IS launcher moves all of the files in the IS folder into the Data folder (which I assume is normal) then boots up to what I described above. However, in the Roaming folder for Empire the user.empire.txt disappears every time the launcher is used. I do not know if this is normal though, but without that text file the game wouldn't load up the first time I did get it running.

What could be the issue? I'm at a loss.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast