Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: TECHNICAL ISSUE {{Rise of Republic v1.1}} In game issues READ OP FIRST

Default Re: TECHNICAL ISSUE {{Rise of Republic v1.1}} In game issues READ OP FIRST

Quote Originally Posted by bs98909 View Post
    Agreed -- some cities cannot recruit at all and others can recruit Generals and artillery only!
    Like others it looks like Austria and Spain just get red flags (see image).
    Russia when you open diplomacy keeps getting "Missing String" so you cannot give gifts nor trade, etc..
    Noticed that as playing England that under naval education there is no means to get the last two skills because Machine Rifling is missing.
    Bummer, cannot figure out how to upload an image. only URL's can be added.

Default Re: TECHNICAL ISSUE {{Rise of Republic v1.1}} In game issues READ OP FIRST

I run the installer as the admin. The screen pops up asking me where my ETW main directory is, I choose it. After that nothing happens, the Java installer in my Task Manager floats around bit and stops, there are some IS files in my ETW. If I re-start the install process, it detects IS and asks me should I re-install it, however there is no launcher. When I start ETW, its just vanilla.

Civis

The best way to install I.S without faults is not to depend on the installer and do it manually

Copy and paste.

I installed it somehow, but now the damn switch is not working.

So I manually transferred the files, and now it works for now, we'll see what the turns bring.
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; March 18, 2019 at 10:28 AM.

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by napoleone View Post
    Another little problem i found is that in Usa and England in America recruit only cavalry and artillery, i dont know if spain and france do the same.
    Agreed -- some cities cannot recruit at all and others can recruit Generals and artillery only!
    Like others it looks like Austria and Spain just get red flags (see image).
    Russia when you open diplomacy keeps getting "Missing String" so you cannot give gifts nor trade, etc..
    Noticed that as playing England that under naval education there is no means to get the last two skills because Machine Rifling is missing.
    We will look into this. The "missing string" doesn't keep you away from diplomacy, just the texts are missing. Thanks for the reports.

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    I run the installer as the admin. The screen pops up asking me where my ETW main directory is, I choose it. After that nothing happens, the Java installer in my Task Manager floats around bit and stops, there are some IS files in my ETW. If I re-start the install process, it detects IS and asks me should I re-install it, however there is no launcher. When I start ETW, its just vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAIAN View Post
    The best way to install I.S without faults is not to depend on the installer and do it manually
    Copy and paste.
    I installed it somehow, but now the damn switch is not working.
    So I manually transferred the files, and now it works for now, we'll see what the turns bring.
    Great that you got it working. Just for troubleshooting, can you sent me the is-launcher.log?

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

There are big problems with the France faction, here is a new one. At turn 122 it is no longer possible to recruit units in Paris. The recruitment tab is present but when you click on it there is nothing. And in some other city the recruitment tab has completely disappeared.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by matotope89 View Post
    There are big problems with the France faction, here is a new one. At turn 122 it is no longer possible to recruit units in Paris. The recruitment tab is present but when you click on it there is nothing. And in some other city the recruitment tab has completely disappeared.
    Thanks for reporting this.

I have to question for further trouble shooting:

Just to be sure, you have passed the designed end-date 1803, correct?

Did you do anything prior to turn 122 like build something new in Paris or researched another military tech?

Yes, I passed the end date (1803), and no, before that, I did not build a new building in this area, nor did I do any new research.

Another thing for you to know, it seems that there is a problem in the recruitment also with other faction. For example, if England takes Spain, she can only recruit in Madrid only artillery and generals. Similarly for Gibraltar or England can recruit only artillery. It seems that there are problems of this kind everywhere and with all factions.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by matotope89 View Post
    Yes, I passed the end date (1803), and no, before that, I did not build a new building in this area, nor did I do any new research.

Another thing for you to know, it seems that there is a problem in the recruitment also with other faction. For example, if England takes Spain, she can only recruit in Madrid only artillery and generals. Similarly for Gibraltar or England can recruit only artillery. It seems that there are problems of this kind everywhere and with all factions.
    Ok, the problem might be a result of playing beyond the end-date but I'm not sure. In the next update, I'll remove all script entries designed to remove units from the recruitment list (right now on early era units) as this is only a feature of 2.2.1b and not RotR (early era units disabled by design). That might have caused the problems.

The problems you have with England is that the Area of recruitment system is only partially integrated. Especially in Gibraltar no recruitment of land units should be possible whereas somewhere in Spain regional units shall be available. We will remove the ability to build any units in Gibraltar.

There is a problem of texture with some units of the Ottoman Empire, it is the case for the following units: "ta'ifat al ru'sa" and "kalyoncu marines", as well as for the marine units of Morocco . I suggest you take a look, it looks like zombies!

Just playing as USA and cannot recruit navy ships only Indiamans or different types. The US Navy had more than just that in the war of 1812.

Libertus

Just playing as USA and cannot recruit navy ships only Indiamans or different types. The US Navy had more than just that in the war of 1812.
    You need to research the Constitution then the Naval act technologies, the US ships were already done, an has their own special ship designs and hull paintings

Does Constitution also fix the Land units and not being able to recruit? I took London and there is no means to recruit. Amsterdam and Brussels all the same story. I can recruit from Curacao and Ceylon -- they have Military Governor Barracks. In Amsterdam I did try and destroy the barracks and had the US rebuild it to see if that fixed the lack of recruiting.

I noticed that RoR is more or less self contained within its own folder. When you launch it you can play it or play vanilla. Is it possible to have both RoR and Imperial Splendor 2.2.1b installed at the same time, and be able to play one or the other without complications?

Bug or feature that in the US once a state militia is created it CANNOT be disbanded. Federal militia can be just not the brown state units. The disband is grayed out.

Also there is a bug that at times in a city like Philadelphia if you create a stack of units some units are created in the city and then cannot move. These units are not assigned to the city in that I can still create a full stack there with these other odd troop stil there.

Oh and cannons are limited to 4x 6lb and 3lb ONLY

Citizen

Does Constitution also fix the Land units and not being able to recruit? I took London and there is no means to recruit. Amsterdam and Brussels all the same story. I can recruit from Curacao and Ceylon -- they have Military Governor Barracks. In Amsterdam I did try and destroy the barracks and had the US rebuild it to see if that fixed the lack of recruiting.
    The US is designed to be played in America. So all US national units will only be available in America. However, we are developing an AoR system which allows you limited access to other nations units.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I noticed that RoR is more or less self contained within its own folder. When you launch it you can play it or play vanilla. Is it possible to have both RoR and Imperial Splendor 2.2.1b installed at the same time, and be able to play one or the other without complications?
    No, sorry, that's currently not possible.

Bug or feature that in the US once a state militia is created it CANNOT be disbanded. Federal militia can be just not the brown state units. The disband is grayed out.

Also there is a bug that at times in a city like Philadelphia if you create a stack of units some units are created in the city and then cannot move. These units are not assigned to the city in that I can still create a full stack there with these other odd troop stil there.
    1. I'll look into this. The federal militia is available once the Militia Act tech is researched.

2. Which units have the problem?

Oh and cannons are limited to 4x 6lb and 3lb ONLY
    Yes, it's intended. The US will only have a very limited national army but the Legion is one of the best infantry units in the mod.

So US is intended to be played in the Americas but the end goals are to take Britain and Ireland and part of India??? I am confused... Yes I guess that means you have to develop a large invasion fleet -- do all the nations have this feature? I haven't tried all of them yet.

Oh BTW -- I do thank you guys for these mods... it has brought back some fun to ETW that is totally missing form the original game! I will never understand the marketing team to just leat a popular game fester and die and still wonder why people aren't buying it. Just make it open source at that point and see what miracles come from that!