Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: TECHNICAL ISSUE {{Rise of Republic v1.1}} In game issues READ OP FIRST

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Default Re: TECHNICAL ISSUE {{Rise of Republic v1.1}} In game issues READ OP FIRST

Quote Originally Posted by Gustav Mahler View Post
    Good evening. I have noticed that in 1.1.9 Sweden cannot recruit any ships. I really like the small, professional and army with fixed number of units that Sweden has (like the U.S.A.). I hope you will go that way in all other nations - especially Russia and Ottomans who simply need a reduction in number of recruitable units. Empire Realism mod for ETW had totally banished AI turn bug by implementing fixed numbers for recruitment. Besides it is not realistic that small nations can conquer the whole of the world. In reality they had wars that sometimes lasted for years for just few regions. Also I had few crashes with Saxony on Russian turn early on in campaign. After that the quicksave got corrupted and the game was crashing when I wanted to quicksave. I deleted the quicksave and autosave, started a new campaign with Sweden and tried not to change political status in the first turn but after few turns again I had CTD. The problem with quicksave was resolved though. Previous version was stable but had huge problem with Russian-Ottoman AI turn. This version is a work in progress and is not very stable.

Regards from the Balkans.
    I'm aware of the Swedish naval issue, this will be fixed in the next patch. Sadly I have no idea why it's unstable for you. The last days I played around 50 to 100 turns without a single CtD. If I'm right your problem was the Russian AI turn? I'll look into this.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Default Re: TECHNICAL ISSUE {{Rise of Republic v1.1}} In game issues READ OP FIRST

I will start a new campaign and keep you posted. Yes, it usually get stuck on Russian turn.

Have I installed the mod wrong, or are the battles feeling mostly like vanilla Empire? The front rank of infantry, both in custom battles and campaign after unlocking Fire by Rank, shoot like in Napoleon, but only a handful of units fire any deeper into the formation.

Also, the British Light Infantry of the Marines have Fire and Advance, but not Light Infantry Tactics.

Citizen

I will start a new campaign and keep you posted. Yes, it usually get stuck on Russian turn.
    Do you mean nothing moves forward at the russian turn and you get a message like "ETW doesn't answer will you wait or cancel the pogramm"?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    Have I installed the mod wrong, or are the battles feeling mostly like vanilla Empire? The front rank of infantry, both in custom battles and campaign after unlocking Fire by Rank, shoot like in Napoleon, but only a handful of units fire any deeper into the formation.

Also, the British Light Infantry of the Marines have Fire and Advance, but not Light Infantry Tactics.
    FbR has mostly been removed in order to allow soldiers closer together, as historically accurate. When you do this and use one of the other fire drills, the units spread out before the first volley which is kind of annoying if you want them to shoot a well timed volley into the enemy unit before engaging in melee.

I have started new campaign with France and so far no problems. I will test it and keep you posted for bugs, if any happen. Thank you for this mod, I love this period.

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    FbR has mostly been removed in order to allow soldiers closer together, as historically accurate. When you do this and use one of the other fire drills, the units spread out before the first volley which is kind of annoying if you want them to shoot a well timed volley into the enemy unit before engaging in melee.
    Will Pikestance's cohesion and fragile morale be brought back in? I found that massively improved the battle system, current RotR feels nothing like it.

Citizen

I have started new campaign with France and so far no problems. I will test it and keep you posted for bugs, if any happen. Thank you for this mod, I love this period.
    I hope everything will work fine and have fun while playing!

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    Will Pikestance's cohesion and fragile morale be brought back in? I found that massively improved the battle system, current RotR feels nothing like it.
    It will be added

The info tab of steam engine tech does not show the complete list of available buildings. Instead, several empty building slots are displayed and whenever I right click on any of them, the game crashed

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by tonyzhong2012 View Post
    The info tab of steam engine tech does not show the complete list of available buildings. Instead, several empty building slots are displayed and whenever I right click on any of them, the game crashed
    This have to be this way, those building are just copies of the buildings you can for other nations. This is due the new techtree which would otherwise not allow al factions to build as example the 3 1st stages of plantations. Just don't click on them.

The descriptions of each nation on the campaign starting menu are "not playable" except for US, UK and France. Is that a bug?

As France I had no troubles with any crashes. Only thing that is persistent and starts at about year 1785. is Russian turn taking forever. That is my only ''beef'' with this fantastic mod - Ottoman and Russian turns. Everything else is acceptable and fine and it seems fixable. I don't want to sound annoying by repeating the same thing but unfortunately those turns with Russia and Turks taking forever they are... idk, a bit annoying, to say the least. Up to the point of not being able to play the game.

Citizen

As France I had no troubles with any crashes. Only thing that is persistent and starts at about year 1785. is Russian turn taking forever. That is my only ''beef'' with this fantastic mod - Ottoman and Russian turns. Everything else is acceptable and fine and it seems fixable. I don't want to sound annoying by repeating the same thing but unfortunately those turns with Russia and Turks taking forever they are... idk, a bit annoying, to say the least. Up to the point of not being able to play the game.
    Have you any other mods installed? I'm asking because the starting year should never be 1785. And yes I know, sorry.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by tonyzhong2012 View Post
    The descriptions of each nation on the campaign starting menu are "not playable" except for US, UK and France. Is that a bug?
    No, just missing descriptions.

Hi,

Great mod but with every nations I played, I have a runtime error r6025. Every time with Spain. I don't if it's an issue due to my install or the mod.
    And I don't know if someone already said it but you can't recruit goods units like others nations, and it seems tech tree is bugged. Tech aren't unlocked when the building needed is made....And you can't research a tech to unlock a building... Unless I miss something.

The bug starts at 1785. and the game starts at 1783., I have no other mods installed.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Avon08 View Post
    Hi,

Great mod but with every nations I played, I have a runtime error r6025. Every time with Spain. I don't if it's an issue due to my install or the mod.
    And I don't know if someone already said it but you can't recruit goods units like others nations, and it seems tech tree is bugged. Tech aren't unlocked when the building needed is made....And you can't research a tech to unlock a building... Unless I miss something.
    Which patches do you have installed, everything up to patch 3? And with which nations are you playing concerning your second question.

The bug starts at 1785. and the game starts at 1783., I have no other mods installed.
    Ah I understand. Sorry I missunderstood you.

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    Which patches do you have installed, everything up to patch 3? And with which nations are you playing concerning your second question.

I've installed in order patch 1, 2 and 3. I uninstalled and did and a new clean installation but issues are still there. I'm playing with USA.

Citizen

I've installed in order patch 1, 2 and 3. I uninstalled and did and a new clean installation but issues are still there. I'm playing with USA.
    Did you follow step 7 of the install instruction, meaning did you activate RotR through the installer before installing the patches? If not you're using an outdated version of the startpos.esfand I would advise you to reinstall the patches when RotR is activated through the installer.

Indeed I didn't respect this step. I'm gonna try this, thanks

Citizen

Indeed I didn't respect this step. I'm gonna try this, thanks
    I hope it works!