Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: TECHNICAL ISSUE {{Rise of Republic v1.1}} In game issues READ OP FIRST

Default Re: RISE OF REPUBLIC TECHNICAL ISSUE THREAD (In game issues) READ OP FIRST

Since my last post I did some digging and came upon a 4 year old ETW crash fix. So far it has worked for my ctd situation. I don't know why it works, but maybe you folks will. I've reached turn 20 and if it fails I'll report back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpPngbmkolA&t=267s

zimm out

Default Re: RISE OF REPUBLIC TECHNICAL ISSUE THREAD (In game issues) READ OP FIRST

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer1lb View Post
    Since my last post I did some digging and came upon a 4 year old ETW crash fix. So far it has worked for my ctd situation. I don't know why it works, but maybe you folks will. I've reached turn 20 and if it fails I'll report back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpPngbmkolA&t=267s

zimm out

I am now up to turn 41 and no further problems. GL if you try this fix !!!!!!!!!

zimm out

Made it to turn 45 still as Portugal. But I have what I believe to be a pretty good theory about the game crash. Anytime the British are attacked close to Gibraltar or at Gibraltar, as I've just done, the game cheats in favor of the Brits and messes up your game. >8( So it makes me wonder if, no matter what country you play, when the Brits get attacked by whom ever near Gibraltar the game crashes. It happened with the Spanish as I've witnessed, and me taking Gibraltar.

zimm out

Civis

It is a possibility, but in my personal opinion I do not think that is the main reason, since in the last startpos I sent quintus to do the test until the 67th shift without any problem. (playing with Hannover)

I apologize if my English is not fluent xd
    Last edited by MAIAN; February 16, 2018 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAIAN View Post
    It is a possibility, but in my personal opinion I do not think that is the main reason, since in the last startpos I sent quintus to do the test until the 67th shift without any problem. (playing with Hannover)

I apologize if my English is not fluent xd
    Ok, it was worth a shot.

zimm out

Not sure if this was mentioned before but the voices of characters need to be corrected. Gentlemen and envoys have the same responses as naval commanders.

Ellsid's Avatar Tiro

Prussia campaign winter 1787, end of turn cycle, CTD caused by Spain

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Ellsid View Post
    Prussia campaign winter 1787, end of turn cycle, CTD caused by Spain
    Thanks for the report, I know about this and this will be fixed in the next patch.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Ellsid's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    Thanks for the report, I know about this and this will be fixed in the next patch.
    good work on the artillery brass/bronze cannons!

Receiving a runtime error crash playing with France on the 12th turn when it is the AI's turn. Saved the campaign on previous turns but when i get to turn 12 it crashes everytime. I have had to save on almost every turn because it is crashing so much. After loading the new patch I have had more CTD than any previous version of the mod.Is anybody esle experiencing the same thing?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Napoli23 View Post
    Receiving a runtime error crash playing with France on the 12th turn when it is the AI's turn. Saved the campaign on previous turns but when i get to turn 12 it crashes everytime. I have had to save on almost every turn because it is crashing so much. After loading the new patch I have had more CTD than any previous version of the mod.Is anybody esle experiencing the same thing?
    You did install the patch correctly? You can check this by loading an US campaign an check if some buildings have an (US) in their name?

After patching I started to play American campaign and in turn 15 game started crashing while loading turn. I am submitting 2 crash reports.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Gustav Mahler View Post
    After patching I started to play American campaign and in turn 15 game started crashing while loading turn. I am submitting 2 crash reports.
    Have the plantage building an (US) tag in their name?

Have the plantage building an (US) tag in their name?
    Thanks for your reply, this mod is fantastic and I like it very much. Yes, I just now checked in game and plantation in Savannah Georgia has US suffix.

BTW the game crashes on Austrian turn.
    Last edited by Gustav Mahler; March 08, 2018 at 09:32 AM.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Gustav Mahler View Post
    Thanks for your reply, this mod is fantastic and I like it very much. Yes, I just now checked in game and plantation in Savannah Georgia has US suffix.

BTW the game crashes on Austrian turn.
    Ok, I started again a test campaign with the US (after several while creating the patch) and was able to went as far as turn 24 before by notebook demanded to be charged. I declared war made peace and conqoured and lost regions. No CTD occured. So far I was not able to reproduce your CTD.
    Did you start a new campaign and tested if the CTD occured again?

Ok, I started again a test campaign with the US (after several while creating the patch) and was able to went as far as turn 24 before by notebook demanded to be charged. I declared war made peace and conqoured and lost regions. No CTD occured. So far I was not able to reproduce your CTD.
    Did you start a new campaign and tested if the CTD occured again?
    I will start a new campaign. In my campaign that crashed I conquered Cherokee land and also tear down military barracks in few places to build civil buildings that boost tax. Maybe that is causing CTD? Who knows. The buildings I build are all US because they produce militia units that I need.

Citizen

This is sadly very annoying. I played over 100 turns testing all files I provided this evening and there was not a single CTD. All I can do is providing the last beta. Tell me please if this works.

This is sadly very annoying. I played over 100 turns testing all files I provided this evening and there was not a single CTD. All I can do is providing the last beta. Tell me please if this works.
    I am downloading it and will give an info and report on it. My first campaign will be the USA.

O.K., I have played 19 turns with the U.S.A. and game went smoothly. Will continue later. I see you deleted the ''U.S.'' suffix from the buildings. And also very interesting concept based on reality where the U.S.A. has small pool of professional soldiers and artillery and relies on vast numbers of solid militia but essentially of not so good quality. I would like that game implements similar system like Empire Realism where number of all possible regiments in game is fixed. In that way Ottoman turn bug may be prevented. For instance Austria has 48 regiments of Austrian line infantry and 12 regiments of Hungarian line infantry, then historic border troops who Napoleon considered the best in Austrian army, fixed number of cavalry regiments and artillery battalions... etc.

Hi Quintus, how do you install the patch correctly? What is the path trhat i install it on? Also can you post a screen shot about what you stated about "check this by loading an US campaign an check if some buildings have an (US) in their name?"Wbecause I do not see this in the US campaign I do not see any buildings that have a (US) suffix in the name. Also when I installed the new patch I followed the defaulted path for installation as it says in your instructions. Please help game keeps crashing during some AI turns