Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: TECHNICAL ISSUE {{Rise of Republic v1.1}} In game issues READ OP FIRST

Default Re: TECHNICAL ISSUE {{Rise of Republic v1.1}} In game issues READ OP FIRST

we are developing an AoR system which allows you limited access to other nations units.
    Really very much looking forward to that feature.

Default Re: TECHNICAL ISSUE {{Rise of Republic v1.1}} In game issues READ OP FIRST

Confusion -- in Russia the KunstKamera does "-10% happiness. Clamor for reform" Does this mean it makes people happier to see the art or does it totally piss them off?? And Army Staff College has "-5 happiness (lower classes)" again this makes the people unhappy??? The reason I'm asking is the icon has the green background and happy faces... or they kind of look smiling.... Or is that a devilish grin that they are going to empty your entails??

Hi,
    The first building your mentioned is from science building chain, the second one is from army building chain. As more people discovers surrounding world as less they become happy from the current order of things. Good example is influence of Diderot and d'Alembert Encyclopedie on the events in the late century France. Upgrading military buildings allows to expand army and research military doctrines. Such military policy will not be unnoticed by the populace. To compensate unrest of the lower classes it is necessary to build repression buildings, such as jails and fortresses. In turn, repression buildings (as well as military) require upkeep and maintenance. Development of finance or production sectors will help with that.
    That is the general idea of the building chains. Of course, it is still to be proper balanced.

So the icon might need to be changed. I played one game and the revolts and unhappiness was steady. The icon made me to believe that this was a good building to upgrade to. I have no issues with making decisions, but the text and or icons should reflect the choices. AKA red = bad green = good is the normal scheme, but here the text and the visual do not seem to match.

BTW thank you for the reply.

The "good" building is only from artillery, art, finance (effects are already reduced) and federal government chains. They are not contain any negative effects, but bonuses are also not that big comparing to the others.
    BTW, how much income did you have at the end of your campaign? I also played one game, and mine was around 50000 after about 100 turns, then I reduced finance buildings effects, what also made choise between finance and production more complecated. Regarding unrest, I had to keep nearly full stack of garrison in the Saint Petersburg, while in the other cities I rarely built barracks higher than first level, and mostly created federation. Then, mine campaign on very hard was too easy and not really interesting. What about yours, was it a challenge?

Skillreaver's Avatar Civis

I've noticed this bug in custom battle...some bizarre type of ottoman machinery...
    Last edited by Skillreaver; April 08, 2019 at 04:17 AM.

batty1234's Avatar Civis

Great work on the mod so far. I wanted to report two bugs that i have noticed. The "Spanish South American Militia" unit and the "Spanish Colonial Caribbean Militia" both have strange textures.

I tried dling the anniversy beta from modb, 7 zip gave some errors like data missing, but the IS launcher said, all installed correctly, except it either crashes when loading up or only loads vanilla empire, tried this three times in total just to make sure its not a random error

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

@ Skillreaver
    we will look into this. (little secret: it's the ultimate weapon for mass suiciding your troops)

Quote Originally Posted by batty1234 View Post
    Great work on the mod so far. I wanted to report two bugs that i have noticed. The "Spanish South American Militia" unit and the "Spanish Colonial Caribbean Militia" both have strange textures.
    This will be fixed. Thanks for the Report.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Solar View Post
    I tried dling the anniversy beta from modb, 7 zip gave some errors like data missing, but the IS launcher said, all installed correctly, except it either crashes when loading up or only loads vanilla empire, tried this three times in total just to make sure its not a random error
    Did you try to use one of the other uploads? (mediafire or gdrive?)

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Hi there,
    So I played the campaign recently and I had an issue with Napoléon's picture. To be exact, when I recruited a general 'MacDonald', the picture was that of Napoléon, and when I, next turn, got Napoléon as a general, the unit card was just showing a grey face. So I'm guessing there's a picture missing for MacDonald?

Also, is it on purpose that when playing as Kingdom of France, you can't see your Royal tree?

Btw, noble counter-revolution to get Napoléon in power?

Tried uploading a screenshot but that didn't work (feel free to delete comment #191)

https://i.imgur.com/ITeHcNY.jpg

Skillreaver's Avatar Civis

I found a strange problem - french line infantry shooting range is only 100 in comparison to 120 of all the other nation's infantry and in battle french line is just underpowered.For example on the flat battlefield prussian infantry in one volley killed 12-15 man but the french killed only 2.I tested it with american line infantry and still the french line loses every single time.I don't know what is causing this because the unit stats are similar
    Last edited by Skillreaver; May 01, 2019 at 04:40 AM.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Mariopetar View Post
    Hi there,
    So I played the campaign recently and I had an issue with Napoléon's picture. To be exact, when I recruited a general 'MacDonald', the picture was that of Napoléon, and when I, next turn, got Napoléon as a general, the unit card was just showing a grey face. So I'm guessing there's a picture missing for MacDonald?

Also, is it on purpose that when playing as Kingdom of France, you can't see your Royal tree?

Btw, noble counter-revolution to get Napoléon in power?

Tried uploading a screenshot but that didn't work (feel free to delete comment #191)

https://i.imgur.com/ITeHcNY.jpg
    Yes, this happens when you go through the Revolution before recruiting all historical generals because during the Revolution you get a general for free which is messing the portrait-sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Skillreaver View Post
    I found a strange problem - french line infantry shooting range is only 100 in comparison to 120 of all the other nation's infantry and in battle french line is just underpowered.For example on the flat battlefield prussian infantry in one volley killed 12-15 man but the french killed only 2.I tested it with american line infantry and still the french line loses every single time.I don't know what is causing this because the unit stats are similar
    Ok, thanks for the report this will be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by matotope89 View Post
    There are big problems with the France faction, here is a new one. At turn 122 it is no longer possible to recruit units in Paris. The recruitment tab is present but when you click on it there is nothing. And in some other city the recruitment tab has completely disappeared.
    i have the same problem after researching Levée en masse (if i'm not mistaken) before revolution.

it seems campaign map borrows from darthmod's including some peculiarities:
    - Pondicherry, Carnatica in India is a sea port, so how come the marathas build a school on it?
    - Swedish trade port in Malmo always gets converted to fishing port after first tun. not a big deal if you don't trade with Sweden but if you do this is a disaster cause trade revenues are divided among trade partners

also char sounds are funny (or maybe it's just me?):
    fleet -> priest
    envoy/spy -> fleet
    scholar -> army
    army -> spy

in IS (not RotR) they sound like vanilla's.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ubutnut View Post
    i have the same problem after researching Levée en masse (if i'm not mistaken) before revolution.
    IIRC it is linked to to much recruitment slots and will be foxed in the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by ubutnut View Post
    it seems campaign map borrows from darthmod's including some peculiarities:
    - Pondicherry, Carnatica in India is a sea port, so how come the marathas build a school on it?
    - Swedish trade port in Malmo always gets converted to fishing port after first tun. not a big deal if you don't trade with Sweden but if you do this is a disaster cause trade revenues are divided among trade partners

also char sounds are funny (or maybe it's just me?):
    fleet -> priest
    envoy/spy -> fleet
    scholar -> army
    army -> spy

in IS (not RotR) they sound like vanilla's.
    Ok the first one sounds weird, I'll have a look at this. The second one we'll check if we can stop this behavior.
    To the sounds, we are aware of that. But I don't know what's causing this. It's so far a mystery.

Last building for the french artillery foundry only has one type or arty unit. Is that on purpose or are the French not done yet?
    https://imgur.com/lFjPXMs

Citizen

Last building for the french artillery foundry only has one type or arty unit. Is that on purpose or are the French not done yet?
    https://imgur.com/lFjPXMs
    No, we will check this.

Default Re: RISE OF REPUBLIC TECHNICAL ISSUE THREAD (In game issues) READ OP FIRST

Game keeps CTD' on Russa on multiple campaigns. My current campaign is playing as USA and it crashes on turn "Summer of 1791".

Citizen

Default Re: RISE OF REPUBLIC TECHNICAL ISSUE THREAD (In game issues) READ OP FIRST

Quote Originally Posted by trustn1fx View Post
    Game keeps CTD' on Russa on multiple campaigns. My current campaign is playing as USA and it crashes on turn "Summer of 1791".
    Is it a real CTD or the Russian AI-turn takes ages?