Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sengoku: Total War (a Shogun mod for M2TW)

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Default Re: Sengoku: Total War (a Shogun mod for M2TW)

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    Excellent map!

I'm curious to see the modifications of the units (armor, sashimono and nobori).
    Soon. It's nothing too fancy though. If you've seen the units from the Imjin mod, you've seen 90% already.

Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafthero View Post
    Ver nice mod idea Razor Do you know Swagger's mod Shizoku no Senso? maybe with his permission you could take some material from there. Anyway, good luck!
    Yes, I was once part of the team for a short while, but things didn't quite took off and the whole thing died out. There's not a whole lot I can use from that mod actually. My mod has a lot more content finished than the Shizoku no Senso mod has/had.

oh I have faction Minh Dynasty at Liaodong and have add map Korea but will not have faction korea it will have a version english in infuture

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post
    Thats a beautiful map! Very nicely done. Given that you already have this map, and what you said about the units, this mod really starts looking better and better hehe. Nice.

What about city models for battles? I know its easy to replace the campaign models but do you have any idea about the battle models you want to use?
    Thanks. Pretty pictures to look at always make things look better.
    Ideally I would like to create my own settlements, based on existing settlement battle maps that the Imjin War mod has, but with multiple layers of walls, moats, and an actual settlement outside the castle walls etc. , but I have 0 experience with the IWTE tool and creating new settlements. I'd probably use the vanilla settlements and later on implement the Imjin War settlements until I have something better. One problem is however that I would like to ask permission from the Imjin War mod leader to use/modify the Japanese settlements, but he hasn't replied to my messages and apparently he's not very active (if at all) on this forums. So, yeah...
    Last edited by Razor; February 09, 2018 at 12:12 PM.

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Sure, the more nice pics the better! Can you show the areas of Shinano and Yamashiro provinces for example? Im particularly curious about the mountains and the resulting gameplay as one of the more mountainous clans.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post
    Sure, the more nice pics the better! Can you show the areas of Shinano and Yamashiro provinces for example? Im particularly curious about the mountains and the resulting gameplay as one of the more mountainous clans.
    Sure. Have a look. Everything right from Shinano province still needs to be done and the heights map of the mountain regions also needs to be tweaked a little. Obviously everything is WIP and therefore subject to change if needed.
    It's a bit of a bummer that there's this graphics glitch that makes parts of rivers disappear from time to time. The only way to fix that would be deleting rivers, which I'm not too fond of. Japan is full of them. I just try to ignore it, because it doesn't interfere with the gameplay and when you move the camera they reappear so it's not that big of a deal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0044.jpg   0042.jpg  
    Last edited by Razor; February 09, 2018 at 02:13 PM.

Domesticus

Do you have any screenshots of the units? I would like to see the sashimono and the nobori.

Do you have any screenshots of the units? I would like to see the sashimono and the nobori.
    Ok, here are a few of a battle between the Oda clan and the Shimazu clan. As you can see I've created a new sashimono model and replaced the old ones used by the units from the Imjin War mod. The nobori isn't quite present as such yet, however you could consider the unit flags to be the nobori.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0057.jpg   0056.jpg   0053.jpg   0051.jpg   0046.jpg  

0045.jpg  

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

This one in something I need to keep a closer eye on!
    (Don't worry I don't mean that as a moderator!)

assurbanippal's Avatar Biarchus

Nice units mate, love them !!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Page-48/page48

Manus supra idolum age primum et septimum de QuatuoR

Domesticus

Beautiful! Are those of shogun 2?

I was creating them too.

I would also make them a little more historical the sashimono.

Thanks all!

Beautiful! Are those of shogun 2?

I was creating them too.

I would also make them a little more historical the sashimono.
    No, I've made them myself. The color schemes for the faction icons/mons are partially inspired by both Shogun 2 and Ran no Jidai. What have you come up with? I'm just curious.

About the sashimono, historically accurate how? There are tons of variations to begin with which makes it impossible to achieve historical accuracy within a game like M2TW. Anyway, what would your suggestions be then?
    Last edited by Razor; February 13, 2018 at 04:45 PM.

Domesticus

You are right! The accuracy of sashimono will be difficult.

Yes, it could always create the most realistic sashimono.

Most of sashimono/nabori had a white background with the black mons, some had colored both the background and the mons.

Yes, but you would end up with several near identical sashimono/nobori, which makes factions hard to distinguish from one another. I'd rather stick to one generic sashimono with a unique color combination for each faction rather than have duplicate sashimono and duplicate faction colors.

Great to see you back to modding!
    How I wish I could get back to it as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Yayattasa View Post
    Great to see you back to modding!
    How I wish I could get back to it as well...
    Yeah, it's been a while. Take your time and maybe time (and motivation and energy) will find you. That's what happened to me.

Quick update: So, 90% of the map is now complete. Only Date and Nanbu holdings in the north need to be touched. And even when it's 100% complete, it still needs quite some tweaking and testing. But at least I would have something that I can work with and that I can leave for now and start doing something else instead. I'm starting to get a bit crazy of all that mapping at this point.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

I know how you feel. Sometimes you loose your motivation thanks to real life issues but then you come back with more apertite to create something new.
    One piece of advice.
    Devide your units in to common and unique per faction ones.
    Common units can share not only the same model but also the same normal map in their textures where only colors will change. That will save time and mod size.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

That would be no problem at all with this mod, as pretty much all units are shared. It's not like I have to figure out separate unit rosters for multiple cultures like the Romans, Germanic tribes, Sassanids, Alans, Huns etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    That would be no problem at all with this mod, as pretty much all units are shared. It's not like I have to figure out separate unit rosters for multiple cultures like the Romans, Germanic tribes, Sassanids, Alans, Huns etc.
    I know you are probably thinking about several things for the mod (and priority always is to get a functioning version out), but are you planning a focus on historical figures?

I ask this because I really liked what was done with Rise of Three Kingdoms: TW, with so many named characters to accompany, really brought the era to life in my opinion.

Also, way off-topic, but did any mod end up using your late-roman assets? IB2 perhaps? Those looked really cool, and it'd be cool to play with them

Quote Originally Posted by Yayattasa View Post
    I know you are probably thinking about several things for the mod (and priority always is to get a functioning version out), but are you planning a focus on historical figures?

I ask this because I really liked what was done with Rise of Three Kingdoms: TW, with so many named characters to accompany, really brought the era to life in my opinion.

Also, way off-topic, but did any mod end up using your late-roman assets? IB2 perhaps? Those looked really cool, and it'd be cool to play with them
    I aim to have the 'big names' included if they were around at the start of the mod. However, I don't want this game to be scripted and exactly follow history, but rather allow the player to make his/her own history. I do include the Toyotomi clan as a shadow faction shadowing the Oda clan, but most probably it would not be headed by Hideyoshi. The fact that most units are shared does allow me to focus more on specific general models for factions for characters like Mori Motonari or Takeda Shingen.

As far as I know no mod is using my late Roman units. The IB2 team should be aware of them, but I'm not seeing anything that would suggest that they will be used in IB2 anytime soon if at all.
    Last edited by Razor; February 17, 2018 at 07:07 AM.

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Great work Razor, keep it up!