Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Sengoku: Total War (a Shogun mod for M2TW)

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Sengoku: Total War (a Shogun mod for M2TW)

Looks great!
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Can’t wait. Sorry for pushing but this will be great!

Hi, I wanted to update my module with your module, but after changing the name, the module entered the strategy map with an error, English is not my native language, so I did not know the fault occurred.

我在中国制造一款三国题材的模组,你的模组看起来很简洁,非常适合我重新移植添加新的单位,如果你不同意在你模组基础修改,请回复我。

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Quote Originally Posted by aoxue View Post
    Hi, I wanted to update my module with your module, but after changing the name, the module entered the strategy map with an error, English is not my native language, so I did not know the fault occurred.
    Hi Aoxue, don't change the name of the mod, because then you can't start the campaign. Also, custom battles don't have any banners/nobori if you change the name. I hope this fixes your problem.

Thank you. I hope you can finish this module as soon as possible. I like Japanese Warring States theme very much

Quote Originally Posted by aoxue View Post
    我在中国制造一款三国题材的模组,你的模组看起来很简洁,非常适合我重新移植添加新的单位,如果你不同意在你模组基础修改,请回复我。
    Oh by the way, go ahead and do whatever you want with the mod, as long as you give credit where it's appropriate.

When will be the next release? Can’t take the general models anymore :O
    maybe just a little tiny extra small release?

I haven't set a date for a next release. Next release will add new units and models to the game, such as generals. I'm working on it, but it's quite a hassle to say the least.

take a look at the eras total conquest mod,they have japanese faction there,this mod has campaigns that go from 9th to 15th century it is possible that you will find a decent japanese general model there,as long as the mod creators authorize of course

Quote Originally Posted by BLS total war View Post
    take a look at the eras total conquest mod,they have japanese faction there,this mod has campaigns that go from 9th to 15th century it is possible that you will find a decent japanese general model there,as long as the mod creators authorize of course
    Yes, I know. I've seen these models before. I have them on my harddrive. I used to work on the mod that these models were originally from for a short period of time while it was alive. And no, they're not what I'm after at all, because that's not how samurai looked like.

i see,what abou the injin war of of korea mod?it is pratically the same time frame https://www.moddb.com/mods/imjin-war-of-korea

i see,what abou the injin war of of korea mod?it is pratically the same time frame https://www.moddb.com/mods/imjin-war-of-korea
    We had this exact same conversation before: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...r-M2TW)/page20

Just a small update. As usual progress is slow but steady (because fulltime job and real life etc. etc.). I've been working on 3D and 2D assets in my spare time. While doing that I'm contemplating how to put things together. I've worked out many different types of armour styles for the do and the kabuto (like the Momonari Kabuto and the Zunari Kabuto - Hineno and Etchu). The Eboshi Kabuto type is also being worked on. The main challenge is how to make something cohesive out of all the assets.

At the same type it's frustrating to note that in M2TW only the faction heir and faction leader can have unique models as well as characters spawned by script. Regular named characters will have to work with more generic models which is doable, but takes out some of the flavour. As of now the generic models will have the faction heir and leader have a more traditional outfit, whereas the generic named characters and captains will have a more modern and less extravagant/simplistic appearance.

As for the units I'm busy working on the generic models and I plan to have have faction specific models for certain units (including upgrade variants) that fit the factions in question later on.

A few pics to showcase some of the work:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails General.jpg   General 8.jpg   General 7.jpg   General 3.jpg  
    Last edited by Razor; September 02, 2021 at 01:05 AM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

You could start of in descr_strat only with the FL and FL and then spawn everyone else right at the beginning in one fell swoop, that would give you a reasonably long period at the start in which to have a lot a of custom battle models especially if the mod has extended turns per year.

Don't forget the strat model variations, you have 10 to play with for named characters.

awesome

Would be nice if not every Ashigaru had their clan crest on the helmet/jingasa.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    You could start of in descr_strat only with the FL and FL and then spawn everyone else right at the beginning in one fell swoop, that would give you a reasonably long period at the start in which to have a lot a of custom battle models especially if the mod has extended turns per year.

Don't forget the strat model variations, you have 10 to play with for named characters.
    This is for now just a detail. I'll first include a generic faction leader and faction heir and work from there to include more variations.

Also, I feel there's little use using unique strat models for named characters if you can't translate it to unique battle models.

awesome
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Orendiz View Post
    Would be nice if not every Ashigaru had their clan crest on the helmet/jingasa.
    That's a choice I've made. There was a large amount of uniformity among the ashigaru, since ashigaru often wore identical armour that were mass-produced and provided for by their lord. I feel there's little sense to have one jingasa have a mon and the other jingasa have no mon, since (at least my) logic (and OCD) dictates that both jingasa should have the mon displayed.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    This is for now just a detail. I'll first include a generic faction leader and faction heir and work from there to include more variations.

Also, I feel there's little use using unique strat models for named characters if you can't translate it to unique battle models.
    I was thinking of those characters that you spawn at game start as I suggested - all they need is a level trait to assign those custom strat models. In fact it's fairly simple to convert their battle model into a strat model. With the unique strat model comes a unique tooltip as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I was thinking of those characters that you spawn at game start as I suggested - all they need is a level trait to assign those custom strat models. In fact it's fairly simple to convert their battle model into a strat model. With the unique strat model comes a unique tooltip as well.
    Ah yes, I forgot to answer that part. That is most certainly an option. I think it's also a nice idea in general to spawn unique characters for factions throughout the campaign at certain dates in certain provinces and add them to the faction that owns that province at a certain time. There certainly are a number of options to be explored touching on this subject.

It's just a bummer that M2TW only allows the faction leader and faction heir to have a unique strat model and battle model generated throughout the game automatically using trait levels... All others need to be set by script. A shame...