Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Sengoku: Total War (a Shogun mod for M2TW)

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Sengoku: Total War (a Shogun mod for M2TW)

Patience is virtue - Doesn't hurt to work on what you feel that you want to work with to continue the motivation boost, rather than doing the boring stuff and making it feel "forced". We players are patient
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Domesticus

Hi Razor!

I wish you a good job! I really like the Sengoku Jidai period! The release of version 0.1 will always be a great gift from you even if the new units are missing! You're doing a great job.

In the future I would like to see the various vassal clans (the most famous ones and with the castle cities included in your mod) of the current playable factions, to make me understand how in the Game of Trnones (Westeros Total War) sub-mods. I know it would be a very demanding job. Who knows maybe there will always be someone who can help you.

Hello ! Just discovered this thread, and I am so impatient to see the results, I give you my support !

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

So, here we are then. The release of v0.1 is finally here. Hopefully you will enjoy it even though it's still a work in progress.

INSTALL NOTES:

- copy the Sengoku folder to the mods folder
    - double-click the Sengoku.bat file or use the shortcut and make sure it targets the Sengoku.bat file
    - unite Japan
    - complain on the internet
    Last edited by Razor; February 13, 2021 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Updated the download links

Congratulations on the release! I will test it ASAP.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Awesome! Can't wait to try it out and complain
    Wanna play as minor clans from expanded Japan by unamie5? Now you can: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=428505886

Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Shogun 2 Mod

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Game crashes anytime I try to load up a campaign. I used the 7Z download link.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Domesticus

Congratulations Razor!

What a wonderful surprise you gave me!

I download it and try it now!

I'll let you know what I think!

Domesticus

I am able to play the custom battle but when I load the campaign (after choosing the faction) it crashes.

Yep same here. I have both kingdoms.exe and medieval2.exe in the main folder.
    Wanna play as minor clans from expanded Japan by unamie5? Now you can: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=428505886

Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Shogun 2 Mod

Ok, everything should be working now. I've fixed the issue and re-uploaded the mod. Download links have been updated.

Sorry for the inconvenience...
    Last edited by Razor; February 11, 2021 at 03:54 PM.

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    Ok, everything should be working now. I've fixed the issue and re-uploaded the mod. Download links have been updated.

Sorry for the inconvenience...

I can not download!

Can you tell me what you changed?

You can now. I had just taken the download down because there was some left-over material that was packed anyhow. It's something I forgot to delete and I felt it was a bit sloppy.

I fixed 2 files. Those files need to have the name of the mod folder in their file path (mods/sengoku/...) and once you change the mod folder's name (add _v0.1 for example) it logically doesn't find the file the path should direct to. You could still play custom battles, but you couldn't see any battle banners. But the game crashed after loading the campaign map, because it couldn't find the banner models for the campaign map.

I also disabled a few scripts in the campaign script.
    Last edited by Razor; February 13, 2021 at 06:05 AM.

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    You can now. I had just taken the download down because there was some left-over material that was packed anyhow. It's something I forgot to delete and I felt it was a bit sloppy.

I fixed 2 files. Those files need to have the name of the mod folder in their file path (mods/sengoku/...) and once you change the mod folder's name (add _v0.1 for example) it logically doesn't find the file the path should direct to. You could still play custom battles, but you couldn't see any battle banners. But the game crashed after loading the campaign map, because it couldn't find the banner models for the campaign map.

I also disabled a few scripts in the campaign script.

Yes, I was able to start the campaign.

You did a great job Razor! Keep it up!

Bravo!

Some suggestions for the future:

I would like to ask you if in the future in the campaign map in the spring season you can make cherry blossoms, in the autumn season you can make various colors of the leaves appear?

I noticed that in the names of the generals, you put the name first and after the surname, is there a reason?

A while ago I was asking you, if you could create the wooden palisades instead of the diffensive wooden posts? Or in front of the palisades you can leave a row of wooden poles, always against the cavalry.
    Last edited by Crociato78; February 14, 2021 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    Yes, I was able to start the campaign.

You did a great job Razor! Keep it up!

Bravo!

Some suggestions for the future:

I would like to ask you if in the future in the campaign map in the spring season you can make cherry blossoms, in the autumn season you can make various colors of the leaves appear?

I noticed that in the names of the generals, you put the name first and after the surname, is there a reason?

A while ago I was asking you, if you could create the wooden palisades instead of the diffensive wooden posts? Or in front of the palisades you can leave a row of wooden poles, always against the cavalry.
    Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

As for your your suggestions:

It's not possible to have spring and autumn as seasons. In M2TW you can only have two seasons: summer and winter.

Concerning the names, the reason is that it's not possible to put the family name before the first name. I mean you can mess around with it, but you'd run into all kinds of problems. There might be a way to circumvent this by using epithets connected to traits that show up as full names (which is what Imjin War mod did) and make the actual name invisible, but it's really really a lot, and then I mean A LOT of work to create all those individual names and connect them to traits and then the chances of it actually working as intended without side effects or serious slow downs is questionable. Especially because my mod has a lot more regions and factions and therefore a lot more named characters and bigger family trees to deal with.

About the wooden stakes, it's a bit tricky. All I can change is the model of just one singular stake and in-game it will generate three rows of stakes. Again, you would end up with all kinds of problems and weird stuff.
    Last edited by Razor; February 15, 2021 at 01:23 PM.

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Gz on the release.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Well done on the release dude!
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Could it be possible to provide more detailed installation for dummies like me? It says to have a file called Sengoku in what I assune to be this path: Medieval II Total War>mods>Sengoku. It then says to "copy the Sengoku folder to the mods folder". Do you just put the contents in the Sengoku folder or leave it as a separate folder? Another problem is that there are two files. Do you place the v0.1 file inside the Sengoku file or do you create a separate file for it and where does that go? The batch file says: ERROR: Cannot find the M2TW or Kingdoms executable. Been a long time since I've done this kind of thing, kind of rusty.

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by xmfcnrx View Post
    Could it be possible to provide more detailed installation for dummies like me? It says to have a file called Sengoku in what I assune to be this path: Medieval II Total War>mods>Sengoku. It then says to "copy the Sengoku folder to the mods folder". Do you just put the contents in the Sengoku folder or leave it as a separate folder? Another problem is that there are two files. Do you place the v0.1 file inside the Sengoku file or do you create a separate file for it and where does that go? The batch file says: ERROR: Cannot find the M2TW or Kingdoms executable. Been a long time since I've done this kind of thing, kind of rusty.
    No problem. Yes, you simply copy the complete Sengoku folder (located inside Sengoku_v0.1 when you unzip) and paste it directly into the mods folder, so you get: "Medieval II Total War/mods/Sengoku" or something like that.
    You don't need to create any new folder. Just drop the Sengoku folder in the mods folder and you can start the mod by double-clicking Sengoku.bat located in Medieval II Total War/mods/Sengoku/Sengoku.bat.

great map you have, i will take a lot of time to conquer japan!i did not expected that it was so big,great work!
    getting older