Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Sengoku: Total War (a Shogun mod for M2TW)

KmanBEAST's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Sengoku: Total War (a Shogun mod for M2TW)

Glad to hear it's progressing! Wish you luck man.

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

So a few updates:

I'm planning to remove the Hosokawa clan. The Hosokawa were still influential at the start of this mod, but they were mainly present in and around Kyoto at this point in time (1550) and their role has been taken over by the Miyoshi clan who were previously retainers of the Hosokawa. I'm going to replace them with the Saito clan. The Saito were a pretty powerful clan in Mino province and should check the Oda clan in the south as well as the Asai and the Asakura in the north.

I'm also going to remove the Matsunaga clan and merge them with the Miyoshi clan, since Matsunaga Hisahide was still a retainer of the Miyoshi at the time (albeit with dubious loyalties as time would progress). In their stead I'm planning to include the Ikko-ikki faction representing the Honganji at Ishiyama/Osaka with several more strongholds around the map. Although I could represent the Honganji with just the rebel faction, it would simultaneously limit the interaction other factions can have with them (i.e. no diplomacy). The rebel faction will just represent the local clans and local Ikki brigands with no direct affiliation with the Ikko-ikki, whereas the Ikko-ikki faction will actually represent the powerful and militarized warrior monks of the Jodo Shinshu sect. It will also be the only faction that will have Jodo Shinshu Buddhism as religion and have monks to spread the religion.

The rebel faction will have Christianity as its religion. This may sound weird, but this allows heretics and witches to pop up that I plan to rework as Jesuit missionaries.
    Last edited by Razor; December 13, 2018 at 09:09 AM.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Will Christianity be an option for any playable factions at all, or simply for rebels? I also fully support your changes to the factions!

For now the only thing factions can do is build missions and ultimately churches and have Jesuit Missionaries (heretics and witches in Vanilla M2TW) convert the provinces. Ultimately I will look into the possibility of having factions be able to switch religions.

Cool!

Ok, so I hunted down a few minor bugs and found a way to get around the loyalist revolt CTD. This old thread helped me out a lot: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...know-why/page1

I've also added a script that prevents the player to siege a settlement with a captain. Only a general/named character/family member is able to lay siege to a settlement. In addition I'm planning to add traits in order to lower the amount of build points for siege equipment to prevent armies from attacking a settlement on the second turn of a siege (when the siege equipment is built). This makes siege equipment take longer to build and consequently make sieges last a lot longer on the campaign map and makes it much more of an investment.

Now I really, really should be working on the buildings...
    Last edited by Razor; December 18, 2018 at 08:22 PM.

Noice!

Domesticus

Hello Razor!

When will the alpha version come out?

I don't know. The mod is a bit of a mess at the moment and needs sorting out. Also a number of things need to be done:

- finalizing the building roster, building icons and descriptions
    - character portraits
    - campaign map models (generals, diplomats, settlement models etc.)
    - sashimono of battle units should be reworked
    - floating battle banners should be reworked
    - character traits and ancillaries

Also, my unit models are basically modified units from the Imjin War mod and I feel kind of uneasy releasing the mod using those models without clear permission. I tried contacting the Imjin War mod team, but it seems really hard to do so. I might start work on my own models to circumvent the issue, but that takes quite some time. I'm still pondering what to do about it.

Domesticus

I understand you!

If it was a sub-mod, permission was not needed.

Perhaps they are no longer active on the mod.

I think if you mention them on the material you use you should not have any problems.

I would recommend you speak to againster for permission. He's active on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    I would recommend you speak to againster for permission. He's active on these forums.
    It seems that I have already spoken to him about it a while ago and giving credits seems to be enough as far as he's concerned. I'm not completely sure if he's in a position to make such claims, but at least it's something.

Also, I'm toying with the idea of adding the Imperial Court as a faction. As of now I have the Ashikaga Shogunate function as the Pope and it seems to do the job, but I have trouble seeing how another faction can be declared the new shogun if the Ashikaga Shogunate is functioning as the Pope, so I'm thinking of including the Imperial Court as the Pope faction at the cost of the Ichijo clan and turning the Ashikaga Shogunate to a regular Ashikaga clan faction. My thought process is that you can create a trigger that affects the faction standing when you conquer a region. Presumably you can modify the files so that the Emperor will like you more when you own specific regions (in this case Nijo Castle, Kyoto, home of the Shogun). If you conquer Nijo Castle and enough time has passed and if you meet the conditions you will be declared the new Shogun. This still needs testing, but I'm seriously considering this.

Also, I've been working on campaign map models and have completed the models and textures of the Diplomats and Metsuke/secret police (using priest mechanics) for all factions. Because pretty much all factions have the same agents I have to to use faction colors to differentiate between the many agents of different factions. Here's a small taste of what they will look like:

https://imgur.com/w7ZrEG0
    https://imgur.com/w3BOPZA

Credits where credits are due: the model is created using a model from the RTW mod Ran no Jidai. A lot had to be fixed, because the base model was a bit of a mess with lots of surfaces broken up for no apparent reason.
    Last edited by Razor; February 01, 2019 at 05:24 AM.

Amazing work!

I felt the need to share with you this amazing 3D model of Azuchi Castle that I found on the internet: https://sketchfab.com/models/318a794...2a6af3234732f2

Imagine how awesome it would be if we could have something similar as highest tier mountain/hilltop castle.

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    I felt the need to share with you this amazing 3D model of Azuchi Castle that I found on the internet: https://sketchfab.com/models/318a794...2a6af3234732f2

Imagine how awesome it would be if we could have something similar as highest tier mountain/hilltop castle.
    Wow!

Would be very nice!

Is it possible to create a similar one for Medieval 2 Total War?

Domesticus

Hi Razor!

I thought a good idea for your mod!

In the future, we could add units and generals of the vassal clans, give them a castle in a region.

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    Wow!

Would be very nice!

Is it possible to create a similar one for Medieval 2 Total War?
    I don't have experience with building new settlements myself but something similar should be possible, albeit a bit more simplified. Mods like Third Age: TW and submods and Hyrule:TW have some very nice custom settlements.

Hi Razor!

I thought a good idea for your mod!

In the future, we could add units and generals of the vassal clans, give them a castle in a region.
    So, how do you think that would work? The way I see it, basically every region that a faction has can already be considered a region controlled by a vassal. Due to M2TW mechanics and limitations you can only have two types of vassals in RTW and M2TW:1) vassalage by direct control in which case the vassal is not independent and is totally incorporated into your empire and under your direct control, and 2) vassalage by making another faction your protectorate, but this faction can still act independently and is not incorporated into your empire and therefore not under direct control.

And there won't be a lot of faction-specific units, if at all. There will be a few AOR units that can only be recruited in certain provinces like the Kisho Ninja in Iga Ueno and Koka.

Domesticus

I don't have experience with building new settlements myself but something similar should be possible, albeit a bit more simplified. Mods like Third Age: TW and submods and Hyrule:TW have some very nice custom settlements.

Yes, it is possible.

So, how do you think that would work? The way I see it, basically every region that a faction has can already be considered a region controlled by a vassal. Due to M2TW mechanics and limitations you can only have two types of vassals in RTW and M2TW:1) vassalage by direct control in which case the vassal is not independent and is totally incorporated into your empire and under your direct control, and 2) vassalage by making another faction your protectorate, but this faction can still act independently and is not incorporated into your empire and therefore not under direct control.

And there won't be a lot of faction-specific units, if at all. There will be a few AOR units that can only be recruited in certain provinces like the Kisho Ninja in Iga Ueno and Koka.

In the future a sub-mod could be freed with new units of the vassals of each playable faction.

In the future a sub-mod could be freed with new units of the vassals of each playable faction.
    Well, perhaps, but how would a yari samurai unit of the Mori be any different from a yari samurai unit of the Kikkawa? Personally I don't quite see the point in doing something like that.

Domesticus

Well, perhaps, but how would a yari samurai unit of the Mori be any different from a yari samurai unit of the Kikkawa? Personally I don't quite see the point in doing something like that.
    Changing the texture. Using the sashimono of the Kikkawa clan ecc...

It would be a good idea to create wooden fences for arquebusiers.