Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Sengoku: Total War (a Shogun mod for M2TW)

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Default Re: Sengoku: Total War (a Shogun mod for M2TW)

Just a couple a of jinbaori designs for the generals.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jinbaori 6.jpg   jinbaori 6 2.jpg   jinbaori 5.jpg   jinbaori 4.jpg   jinbaori 3.jpg  

jinbaori 1.jpg  

looking good razor cant wait for the next update

Just tried it, there is so many CTD that it is unplayable
    "Today I saw a slave become more powerful than the Emperor of Rome"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_horse_spirit View Post
    Just tried it, there is so many CTD that it is unplayable
    Hmmm that's strange. When and/or where are you getting those CTDs exactly?
    Also, what are your specs? Have you applied the 4gb patch to your .exe?

Looking great. I will be interested in the next update.

Keep your good work Razor, just here to encourage and thank you for your wonderful work.

Thanks. Just be assured that I'm still very much working on this project in my spare time as much as I can. My day job is taking up a lot of time. A lot of work goes into organizing stuff and planning which armour type to use, getting enough variety, using the correct style appropriate to the unit type and class etc. etc.. I've also started on the model for the famous Takeda Shingen with the yak hair and oni as maedate. The model and base textures are already finished, but it's not quite there just yet (armour needs to have golden laquered scales and printed leather cover). It's probably not a lot of work, but I can only work on so much at a time and sometimes need to step back let things sink in for a while while doing something else instead.
    It's getting there, but it's quite a hassle.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

When you will come to horse models per faction call me...
    You will create the suddle and the bridles (in rope texture) and i will sent you 8 packs of horses skins with 1 common normal texture to make faction varietions.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    When you will come to horse models per faction call me...
    You will create the suddle and the bridles (in rope texture) and i will sent you 8 packs of horses skins with 1 common normal texture to make faction varietions.
    I might do just that when I get around to doing the horse models and textures. It's not very high on my list as of yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    I've also started on the model for the famous Takeda Shingen with the yak hair and oni as maedate.
    Can't wait for more Domaru armors, the 1540's 1550's are my favorite period but sadly Shogun 2 and mods never grasped the feeling of it. You did! Can the tachi be a little more curved??

Quote Originally Posted by VINC.XXIII View Post
    Can't wait for more Domaru armors, the 1540's 1550's are my favorite period but sadly Shogun 2 and mods never grasped the feeling of it. You did! Can the tachi be a little more curved??

Thanks. I do need to mention that I plan to keep this type of maru do with large sode reserved for certain generals and armour variants of certain samurai elites/officers, as I've planned to use the maru do with smaller sode for the more regular/lower class samurai.

As for making the tachi model more curved: I could, but I probably won't. I've had similar thoughts some time ago but after further inspection the curvature is perfectly fine for a tachi as it is.

Here are a few WIP pics of a samurai model variant with all its 4 upgrade versions (standard, ug1, ug2, ug3). This specific version starts with a traditional looking fully laced maru do, then upgrades to a sparsely laced nuinobe-style with traditional multiplate hlmet, then it will upgrade to a momonari helmet with hanpo and eventually with the final upgrade the samurai upghrades his body armour to the tatehagi okegawa do. Other variants will keep their traditional multiplate helmet and others will have a zunari kabuto, some will have a hanpo, other don't.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ug0.jpg   ug1.jpg   ug2.jpg   ug3.jpg  

Here's a few more to give something of an impression of what I've been working on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   ug3 1.jpg   takeda wip.jpg  
    Last edited by Razor; January 12, 2022 at 08:10 PM.

So I guess it's already been a month. Time flies. I've largely worked out the upgrade variants (unupgraded, ug1, ug2, ug3) for the Samurai units, which was a bit of a hurdle to say the least. Unupgraded will have the traditional old-styled maru do, fully laced. Ug1, will introduce the tosei do (new armour) variants with many okegawa do variants of which some are still fully laced and some starting with mogami do style of lacing. Ug2 will further reduce the amount of lacing on the armour. Ug3 will introduce the tatehagi do and Sendai/Yukinoshita do variants.

I've also looked into the haidate and the menpo debate and I believe I've come up with a balanced solution. All samurai units that are expected to fight in melee combat will have a haidate. Some of them will also have a hanbo (not menpo). All Samurai archer and teppo units (both mounted and unmounted) won't be having the haidate and hanbo equipped.

I've also been working on the golden fan sashimono (see pics) used by certain elite samurai, which I dubbed 'Samurai Footguard' (as opposed to 'Samurai Horseguard'). I know that the Shimazu and the Tokugawa used the big golden fan as a sashimono for their elite samurai units. The variant in the pics with the two stripes is the Tokugawa variant. As for the appearance of the Samurai Footguard and Horseguard, I intend to make them a little bit more exotic in appearance (more extravagant maedate/helmet crests, a bit more decorated armour) as opposed to the regular samurai units.

That means that nearly all basic units have been reworked. I only need to address the various sashimono designs for all factions and decide on which design and models I want to use for generic captains and generals before I release v0.2 of the mod. From there onwards my plan is to expand on the mod further, adding units to the game like the Sohei, Akazonae (Red Devils), improving the building tree, improving UI assets, adding changes here and there etc. So stay tuned (but don't hold your breath).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Samurai Footguard.jpg   Samurai Footguard 2.jpg  
    Last edited by Razor; February 12, 2022 at 06:02 AM.

Hello. I made an account just so I could say I'm surprised someone is making this mod. I haven't had any crashes or issues from the few hours that I've played and I can say it feels better to me than Shogun 2 already.

The garrison scripts are something I have mixed feelings about at best and I can't say I enjoy them, but I'll leave that up for the creator(s?) to decide on.

Good luck with the mod making!

Wow just found this mod.
    Was playing a Shogun 2 Campaign but I just cant stand the horrible melee combat there. So glad you´re doing this mod.
    Looking forward to the next update!

Quote Originally Posted by komun View Post
    Hello. I made an account just so I could say I'm surprised someone is making this mod. I haven't had any crashes or issues from the few hours that I've played and I can say it feels better to me than Shogun 2 already.

The garrison scripts are something I have mixed feelings about at best and I can't say I enjoy them, but I'll leave that up for the creator(s?) to decide on.

Good luck with the mod making!
    Hi, I must have missed your reply. Thanks for letting me know and giving me feedback. The garrison script is included to help the AI and to provide a 'quick fix'/balance something out. Until I have found a better solution, expect it to be included. It certainly helps out the Ikko-ikki a lot, making them not just a simple push-over when trying to take Ishiyama Honganji.
    And yes, the mod appears to be pretty damn stable. I've had 2 play tests of around 200+ turns and the game didn't crash on me. The only crashes that I have experienced every now and then are memory-related (too many heavy programs and tabs in my internet browser running) and happen after starting the game.

Quote Originally Posted by jackless View Post
    Wow just found this mod.
    Was playing a Shogun 2 Campaign but I just cant stand the horrible melee combat there. So glad you´re doing this mod.
    Looking forward to the next update!
    Thanks and you're welcome!

I absolutely love the mod so far great job. The map is really strategic and i love the unit size.
    idk if its appropriate to do this here but here are some issues i found so far. Let me know if i should keep bringing up the bug/issue i find.

- Idk if it was intended but i think that you changed the pathing so that armies can block strategic point. Its good however the ai tends to stack multiple armies in that region and the keep going back and forth for ever.This will render the region impossible to navigate even with character (priest,assassin)

- Diplomacy wise i encountered a bug after defeating the Tokugawa as the Oda clan despite the imperial court warning, i negotiated peace with Imagawa. After each turn however the peace gets broken without any military action and my reputaion gets damage while the imagawa reputation gets better. This will happens forever even if i broker peace ten more time after each turn i find myself breaking the treaty again.

I hope you find the motivation to finish the mod.
    Thank you for your hard work.

P.S
    Do you ever intend on adding spy?

Quote Originally Posted by Mido View Post
    I absolutely love the mod so far great job. The map is really strategic and i love the unit size.
    idk if its appropriate to do this here but here are some issues i found so far. Let me know if i should keep bringing up the bug/issue i find.

- Idk if it was intended but i think that you changed the pathing so that armies can block strategic point. Its good however the ai tends to stack multiple armies in that region and the keep going back and forth for ever.This will render the region impossible to navigate even with character (priest,assassin)

- Diplomacy wise i encountered a bug after defeating the Tokugawa as the Oda clan despite the imperial court warning, i negotiated peace with Imagawa. After each turn however the peace gets broken without any military action and my reputaion gets damage while the imagawa reputation gets better. This will happens forever even if i broker peace ten more time after each turn i find myself breaking the treaty again.

I hope you find the motivation to finish the mod.
    Thank you for your hard work.

P.S
    Do you ever intend on adding spy?
    First of all, thanks for trying out the mod.

- The pathing can be a bit problematic in certain areas. There are multiple reasons for this. The most obvious one is that plenty of routes go through mountain passes and valleys that are sometimes only 1 tile wide, making pathing and movement overall sometimes very restricted.
    Indeed, certain areas can be blocked off if there are multiple armies wandering around in that section. I can't really fix that, because characters need 1 tile to navigate around the map, just like normal armies. I'd suggest to try and find another route in that case, or defeat those armies if you can. Could you perhaps post a picture of that particular situation?

- As for the diplomacy issue, I'd have to look into that one. Not sure what's causing it. It may have to do with the AI declaring war on the enemy (you) of a trusted ally (Tokugawa) and somehow it doesn't receive a penalty, because it's regarded as a defensive action?

- I'm not sure if I'll be adding a spy. Basically assassins can do the same (except for opening gates). Adding a new character would also clog up the map even further exacerbating any pathing issues that exist already. Also: they share the same portraits with the assassins which cannot be changed, which is a bit unfortunate.

I've created a new topic 'Bugs & Issues' where you can post this sort of things in the future: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ugs-amp-Issues

And yes, if you find issues, please do post them. I'm aware of a number of them, but obviously I might have missed a few.

Are Ashigaru going to have tatami armor in their early base armor? Also jesus those models and textures look so good, where did you learn to do this?!