Thread: what do you think about adding indiplomacy points for patrolling a allies area?

Default what do you think about adding indiplomacy points for patrolling a allies area?

So while playing this wonderful mod. I was sending a army north to attack the boii, before that I had to march through the sequani. I attacked them, sacked them, and then liberated them. But right after that. Winter hit and everyone in the province because of the destruction i take it got diseased. Even the boii's units and another factions units. I also have 12 tpy because I liek the long winters, Because of this. I had 3 turns of this grueling winter to get through. Desertion was obviously happening. So i moved my guys as much as I could and at the end of every turn i put my units on patrol. Mainly because of habit though. But it got me thinking that this act should give diplomacy points to the faction that i am currently patrolling. Be a way to protect your satrapies and get recognition for helping them and defending. Maybe not a lot like one point a turn but still. Be nice to have more options for diplomacy. I honestly wish we could trade provinces though so i could set up my allies : /

waidizss's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: what do you think about adding indiplomacy points for patrolling a allies area?

Because of the destruction, you ran out of supplies. Bottom left, below your general's selfie pic there are modifiers. One of those modifiers will inform you of the state of supply of that army. So because there's no food, all the armies are taking absolutely savage attrition damage.
    If you like long winters, might I suggest 24TPY mod? It really makes the military campaigns FEEL like proper campaigns and not just 'movement during a turn'. You plan, recruit during winter, march early spring, conduct your poorly planned offensive summer time and by the time it's autumn you're quelling down the rebelling region.
    If you're feeling lucky, put them in neighboring province and set it on raid. It will consume their supplies, lower your global logistic costs and decrease local army upkeep. And for the luck part, it might provoke the neighbor into attacking you (haha, classic caesar salad) .

As to the actual point of the post, Idk but does it matter?
    Data Venia hardcore couch general edition: 'Competent' AI, reworked unit stats, realistic speeds, more planning, more strategy, less arcade, less cheese.

Get that feel that you are campaigning, not simply steamrolling, now only £9.99 monthly subscription for your advanced Lucius Licinius Lucullus' guide to subjugating the east.

Default Re: what do you think about adding indiplomacy points for patrolling a allies area?

Allies are a liability for the most part. They always ask you to go to war, which besides being annoying, makes you unreliable if you refuse. And to be honest if its only 1-5 points of diplomacy why bother doing it?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yeah I know about the supplies thing. I thought it was jsut my army at first but it was everyones army in the region. So it wasn't just my supplies. But the attrition and disease went away right when winter started. But yeah lol anyways as for the 24tpy mod, i wouldn't want to do that because then i wouild have to change research and constuction and stuff. I don't use the vanilla research times.

Well in the context of the time, it wouldn't have mattered but i was merely setting up where i got the idea from. I am just saying in general, adding a diplomacy bonus to patrols would just add in more diplomacy options that you can do to help with tensions. It was jsut a cool feature to add is all. I mean i guess i could make a submod for it but i don't know how to make mods. Too much for my brain i tried before hahahaha

Well I like to role play my games and don't always want to go to war with everyone. So i choose my allies wisely. Also i meant an accumulative point increase. So like 1 point a turn and it adds up, put it under neath protection in the diplomacy section i guess. After 30 turns of your armies being on their land protecting them would be a nice bonus. but Of course this would be something in mind for others who like diplomacy in this game.

Beedo83's Avatar Civis

I like the idea, I just don't know how to change stance effects. I always thought Patrol stance should have an effect on an ally if not PO then a diplomacy bonus would be cool. In effect you are making their country safer so why wouldn't they like you more for it. If someone who knows could explain where to begin modding that then I'd happily do it.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Beedo83 View Post
    I like the idea, I just don't know how to change stance effects. I always thought Patrol stance should have an effect on an ally if not PO then a diplomacy bonus would be cool. In effect you are making their country safer so why wouldn't they like you more for it. If someone who knows could explain where to begin modding that then I'd happily do it.
    I'm not sure if we could add diplomatic effects to stances. I'll have to check it. It's not a bad idea though.

I am not sure you can target a faction with a diplomatic effect like that.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    I am not sure you can target a faction with a diplomatic effect like that.
    It's an interesting possibility though.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Plus no faction ever was happy to have other countries marching their armies through their lands, good intentions or not. Especially in antiquity. For times of war you already get bonuses for being at war with same enemy and additional bonuses for every victory over same enemy.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod