Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Disciples: Total War

Default Re: Disciples: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    Just opened a thread about your mod in French TW forum, keep this up!
    It would be nice if you wrote the names of developers. And indicate link to main page, which is on the Russian site. A so, very good. Thank you!)
    http://imtw.ru/topic/46948-disciples-total-war/

Quote Originally Posted by Martinskyboy View Post
    Do you have a plan for the summoned units like the Valkyries?
    We will make them on the basis of other models, as in the Disciples 3 the they are absent. Whe need a man, who has skills in working with 3D models.

Oui bravo! It come from Montréal I think by Strategy First. I well know this game the 2nd was by far the best and one of the best game ever. I will put it anytimes on my top 10 of best game of all time. Sure MTW2 it the 1st(Well maybe 2nd as BG2SoA it hard to beat and I got lot of CtD issue with MTW2 in the pass, it pretty touchy to install when you dont know but now I know, CtD are almost a thing of the pass) but I think Disciples saga will make a great mod, keep the good work.
    I owned the 1st edition and the gold edition of Disciples 2 in the time. The art it so awesone and that so good for your imagination. The music is great too.
    It is a pity that among the outside of Russia the game is not very popular. Unlike Heroes 3.=) (If speak about beginners, not old fans Disciples 2.)
    Last edited by Farin Frostgeir; April 18, 2018 at 07:09 AM.

Civis

We will make them on the basis of other models, as in the Disciples 3 the they are absent. Whe need a man, who has skills in working with 3D models.
    Yes it can be hard as if you want to go with original art you will need alot of unique model. Did you know about Blender? It free and have alot of online tutorial.

It is a pity that among the outside of Russia the game is not very popular. Unlike Heroes 3.=) (If speak about beginners, not old fans Disciples 2.)
    Well if it go up to Gold version for D2 it mean it was popular somewhere, or maybe Russia it for it alot IDK Talking Heroes of Might of Magic 3 it on my top 10 also, probably 3rd, it a little better than Disciples 2 but not much.

Yes it can be hard as if you want to go with original art you will need alot of unique model. Did you know about Blender? It free and have alot of online tutorial.
    I'm not doing 3D, Edmond does it. He uses the program MilkShape.

I think u should include spellcasters as agents like all healers from D2 or D3 or D1 like more priests from vanilla. Just make them too expensive to have it. it would be nice Hierophant and prophet have very nice look in game. Also archdruidess and druid for dwarves.

Barbarians how many units 4 or more?

dragons and beasts would u incoporated them too or not? i think one mod few years ago had dragons or some beasts in game.

What u will do with angels and other rod placers from discples would u incoporated them in mod as agent or low lvl units or u will not include at all.

what a about buildings would u include those outside cities as genereic ones or u will ignore them? Mercenaries are quite good in d2 especially favorite one of mine man-at-arms would u include them as faction specific or as regular AOR for all?

And pls dont upload this mod as dl from moddb i just have problem dl from there for DaC mod hat i want to play or at least include few more dl servers.Rly keen to have this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
    I think u should include spellcasters as agents like all healers from D2 or D3 or D1 like more priests from vanilla. Just make them too expensive to have it. it would be nice Hierophant and prophet have very nice look in game. Also archdruidess and druid for dwarves.
    As for agents, we have not yet decided. In plans are to make all the priests magicians who can creat spells on a strategic map.
    As for agents, we have not yet decided. In plans are to make all the priests magicians who can creat spells on a strategic map.

Barbarians how many units 4 or more?
    No. These are all units of the barbarians -
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Light Infantry:
    Raiders

Heavy Infantry:
    Bodyguards chieftain (bodyguard)
    Barbarians warriors

Arrows:
    Trappers

Mages:
    Shamans

Special units:
    White bears
    Brown bears
    Wild giants

As for the other, I can only just offer you looking on list of units, that will be in the first release version mod.
    True, he is in Russian. Maybe later I will post it in this thread.
    http://imtw.ru/index.php?showtopic=4...post&p=1826746

what a about buildings would u include those outside cities as genereic ones or u will ignore them? Mercenaries are quite good in d2 especially favorite one of mine man-at-arms would u include them as faction specific or as regular AOR for all?
    Did not understand, what specifically you mean.
    Last edited by Farin Frostgeir; April 20, 2018 at 05:21 PM. Reason: supplemented the answer

Did not understand, what specifically you mean.

U remeber there is mercanry camp building outside main faction building rosteri was asking would u include those buildigs in main faction building roster so u can add men-at-arms, spearmen etc to specific faction or it will be for barbarians or netural faction.
    I read your forum apperently u include them in neutral faction.

i was proposing to make them as too much expensive agents which can spread faction faith better and they can start with more piety than regular priests. I was not even think u can implement spell casting on strategy map.

U remeber there is mercanry camp building outside main faction building rosteri was asking would u include those buildigs in main faction building roster so u can add men-at-arms, spearmen etc to specific faction or it will be for barbarians or netural faction.
    I read your forum apperently u include them in neutral faction.
    There will be mercenary camps. On the strategic map, they are marked by a model. We do not yet know exactly how they should function. Either as buildings in which it will be possible to hire more mercenaries; or as the only regions in which recruitment will be possible.
    Units of these will be partially accessible and empires, such as spearmen and peasants, in buildings.

Location on the map (map in russian language):

Demo / Beta:

1. Alliance of Elves
    2. Nevendaar Empire
    3. Legions of the Damned
    4. Hordes Undead
    5. Mountain Clans
    6. Barbarian Tribes
    7. Niflheim

1. Alliance of Elves

2. Nevendaar Empire

3. Legions of the Damned

4. Hordes Undead

5. Mountain Clans

6. Barbarian Tribes

7. Niflheim

In the following patch:
    Kingdom of Greenskins
    9. Khaganate of Orcs
    10. Lizardmen Confederation
    11. Separatists of Empire
    12. Kingdom of Bitzaar
    13. Black Kingdoms
    14. Prauis
    15. Dark Elves
    16. Ildramian Kingdom (marine inhabitants)
    17. Wild Elves

8. Kingdom of Greenskins

9. Khaganate of Orcs

10. Lizardmen Confederation

11. Separatists of Empire

12. Kingdom of Bitzaar

13. Black Kingdoms

14. Prauis

15. Dark Elves

16. Ildramian Kingdom (marine inhabitants)

17. Wild Elves

@Farin Frostgeir

Amazing work so far.
    I litterally will be biggest critic if u dont do this mod properly

Additional factions like separatist share same unit roster from empire? Faction symbol is arguable one.

Amazing work so far.
    I litterally will be biggest critic if u dont do this mod properly
    Yeah really, critics will be more than enough.)

Additional factions like separatist share same unit roster from empire?
    In the main, - yes. But this faction will have and their own unique units too.

Faction symbol is arguable one.
    It was possible to do so, but I decided to do otherwise.
    Phoenix symbolizes the reincarnation of the Empire from the ashes into a new state formation.

Time frame for mod:
    The duration of the campaign is 780 moves. (65 years)
    One move = one month

Start date:
    Five years after the events Disciples II: Rise of Elves

Final date:
    A fall of star, and mission of Inoel.(Beginning of events Disciples III: Renaissance)

Created plot characters and guardians of capitals. For some of them, unique models will be created.

New units for barbarians factions

Raiders

Guards Niflheim

Made on the basis of units from DaC, and partially retektrirurovany. Appearance is not final.
    Last edited by Farin Frostgeir; May 13, 2018 at 06:58 AM.

hmmm...

Myzrael was commander of heavens army but according to lore of disciples he cant leave human capitol and must protected always. Maybe was better to that u made Myzrael as super unit highly expensive/costly upkeep etc. than general and btw Myzrael was prolly must OP creature in D2 maybe only Astergoth was more powerfull so all unique creatures from City guardians should have OP stats.

Same goes for Ashkael he was commander of 40 legions of damned but he was also sent to protect only capitol never to leave it, same for Ashgan etc.

Better to use some others ingame D2 generals such Z'hral for legion or Raiden for Empire etc.

About Nilfheim factions are u trying to copy it from other game or cuz D2 had dwarven alliance although there is entire D2 campaing path for dwarves when they fight against Icemar and chaos dwarfs as i remmember.

there is quite large amount units until u upgrade main unit would u also get them in unit roster. Like wyverns and dragons? As big units high expensive/upkeep. Cyclops where they gonna go to barbarians or else.

Myzrael was commander of heavens army but according to lore of disciples he cant leave human capitol and must protected always. Maybe was better to that u made Myzrael as super unit highly expensive/costly upkeep etc. than general and btw Myzrael was prolly must OP creature in D2 maybe only Astergoth was more powerfull so all unique creatures from City guardians should have OP stats.
    Same goes for Ashkael he was commander of 40 legions of damned but he was also sent to protect only capitol never to leave it, same for Ashgan etc.
    All guardians of capitals will be as separate units. I specially made them generals because only to them, can be remove movement on the strategic map.
    Ashkael and Ashgan actually govern as governors, so they are the leaders of the factions.

About Nilfheim factions are u trying to copy it from other game or cuz D2 had dwarven alliance although there is entire D2 campaing path for dwarves when they fight against Icemar and chaos dwarfs as i remember.
    Well, firstly, there is such an area on the map. And secondly, Niflheim played his, roll in the plot of D1 in the campaign of mountain clans, yes.

there is quite large amount units until u upgrade main unit would u also get them in unit roster. Like wyverns and dragons? As big units high expensive/upkeep. Cyclops where they gonna go to barbarians or else.
    Dragons, Cyclopes and other creatures with complex animation, - most likely will not appear in the first version.

I specially made them generals because only to them, can be remove movement on the strategic map.

Hmm.. clever clever...but yet IMHO they should be just highly costly/upkeep units lets say time to recruit 10 turns/cost:20000 gold and upkeep 10000. Cuz as u know in disciples series they are just godsend creatures to protect capitols not rly generals.
    If u made them as u did well they should have massive OP stats and downside of genrals they will die. So as i said before much better that u made them as creatures/units than generals.

Well, firstly, there is such an area on the map. And secondly, Niflheim played his, roll in the plot of D1 in the campaign of mountain clans, yes.

I agree there is area in d1 and d2 but your mod start in time of d2 or close to related d2 guardians of light so main anti dwarven faction was Icemar. And i had quite nice rage quits during that campaign.
    Nevertheless they should be interested faction. Although i would prefer u stick to Icemar they combined both dwarves/chaos/neutral units.

Dragons, Cyclopes and other creatures with complex animation, - most likely will not appear in the first version.

I want my cyclops in mod goddamn it. No delay. No need for animation u could made them by asking maybe TATW team or DaC to give u heads up by using Olog-hai as reference for cyclops. I remember that one mod had those dragons or spellcasters in its mod wrapped it around catapult skin i will try to find which mod was.

If u need Teamspeak section for mod i can offer u section in my gaming community TS so u could easily speak, collaborate with your team on mod.
    Last edited by Shogun; May 14, 2018 at 12:20 PM.

A landscape is ready for the lands of the Damned and Undead. From the stones and palm trees, until we do not know, how to get rid of.

Scorched lands (Legions of the Danmed)

Desert of the Alkmaar (Hordes Undead)

Left to do: make eternal winter in the lands of the Mountain Clans and remove the stones.

Nice.

In the demo version there will be 22 units, they are all ready for use. (7 of them are made completely, the rest use temporary models, which will later be replaced.)

Done 6 religions + religion for the rebels. (Buildings to them, like everyone else, will be done later.)

Also: all garrisons are located in settlements; the rebels are divided o'er groups and distribution by region; ships divided o'er factions and are available for hire.

This mod is looking awesome, keep up the great work. I really like those ground textures, I know it can be hard to get them looking right with the micro/macro textures and darker ground types.

Voice acting for characters/agents on a strategic map is ready.
    Replicas for characters/agents of the strategic card are take mainly from Disciples 2 and partly from Disciples 3. Voice acting done is in russian languare.

Temporary models of characters/agents on the strategic map are ready
    All models of characters/agents on the strategic map replaced with temporary (reworked).

P.s
    Priests in fashion - are magicians. That is, in addition to the spread of religion, with their help on the strategic map it will be possible to various magical spells.
    (Exception: barbaric factions and neutrals)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast