Thread: A question about Athenian recruitment

Default A question about Athenian recruitment

Hi team. This question is mainly directed at the modders. I am not sure if I am missing something but does the disaster in Sicily actually eliminate a good amount of your unique caps?

I am now in year 412. Before the disaster I researched the tech to halt/limit sicilian operations. Just in my last turn I realized that I can only recruit reserve Heavy hoplites and Zeugites because I recruited the max number.
    For the heavies (sorry I cant remember the greek term!) I counted that I only had 21 units in the field. I do not recall ever losing one unit entirely or disbanding but I merged units together.

Does merging impact this? I thought I noticed that in my Argive campaign.
    Or am I simply missing something from dynamic events such as the tragedy of Sicily.

I did not notice it my first time with Athens as I was much more careless about the caps.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Default Re: A question about Athenian recruitment

I will address all questions very soon. I am away currently and with no internet mostly.

Yes. Sicily with the many casualties cause you problems. If you research the appropriate tech (I don't remember the name but it means disengage from Sicily) BEFORE the actual time Sicilian campaign actually failed, then you still face consequences but much much more lighter in all aspects of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Phalangitis View Post
    Yes. Sicily with the many casualties cause you problems. If you research the appropriate tech (I don't remember the name but it means disengage from Sicily) BEFORE the actual time Sicilian campaign actually failed, then you still face consequences but much much more lighter in all aspects of the game
    Thank you for the reply! I did research the tech before the disaster occurred but it still seemed to exhaust most if not all of my remaining non reserve caps. I am assuming the only way to really avoid this is recruit as much as possible before it happens. That said, I wasnt really able to do this because it took my forever to gain a 6th land general!
    One thing that was different was when I played Sparta and Athens before...when yu get notifications about a general available like Alkibiades - I could send him down from thrace to Athens and I often had more generals than I was allowed.

..this time that never happened. I had to wait for my imperium to increase enoigh before I could use Alkibiades

Quote Originally Posted by Badnercalabrese View Post
    Thank you for the reply! I did research the tech before the disaster occurred but it still seemed to exhaust most if not all of my remaining non reserve caps. I am assuming the only way to really avoid this is recruit as much as possible before it happens. That said, I wasnt really able to do this because it took my forever to gain a 6th land general!
    One thing that was different was when I played Sparta and Athens before...when yu get notifications about a general available like Alkibiades - I could send him down from thrace to Athens and I often had more generals than I was allowed.

..this time that never happened. I had to wait for my imperium to increase enoigh before I could use Alkibiades

This happened again now with Thrasyboulos available. Again it says he is located in Thrace but he is nowhere to be found.
    When I played this before with Athens and Sparta, the generals were on the map in their said locations and could be brought down to your capital. I often had more land generals than my Imperium level suggested.

Which is correct?

I need to check my tables to be sure but currentl;y I have issues with my pc. I hope i will solve them fast so I could be of help

Whenever you have time mate!
    I would appreciate it...it's just different from my other campaign experiences and I'm not sure which is the correct format.
    I preferred in my previous campaigns when those generals were on the map right away after the notification.
    It made it more realistic and appropriate when for example...Alkiabiades enters politics and he can be used in the same year he made his name in Athens instead of waiting for a general to die or a new imperium level increase (which might only occur twice). It gave the mod even one more point to its uniqueness

It should work like that. I don't know why they did not spawn. I need to check the script code. I hope I will mange to do this during this weekend..

I did a quick check of the code. All look fine. Just few clarification questions
    1) you are playing as Athens right?
    2) In previous games you managed to get them and only now you cannot Or you never were able to get those 2 generals to appear?

I did a quick check of the code. All look fine. Just few clarification questions
    1) you are playing as Athens right?
    2) In previous games you managed to get them and only now you cannot Or you never were able to get those 2 generals to appear?
    Yes and yes! Both Alkibiades and Thrasyboulos generated notifications that they were usable but I could not find them but only use them to replace a dead general or when my Imperium increased.

Did I miss something that I had to press? I thought I just located them and moved them to the capital

Got it.
    Now unfortunately for the time beeing I cannot load the game because my pc issues has not been solved 100%. From what I remember though the extra generals were indeed spawning with no problem and we did check every single one of them. If I remember correctly they were spawning regardless of imperium level and that was the reason we used coordinates so far away from main faction (that and actual historic reasons of course). We did not want the player to cheat by having more generals than he was allowed to. Now, you describe a situation were the general is not available until someone dies or imperium is increased. In this case the new general remains activated in your Party screen? If yes, then this is not such a big disaster because actual army number remains as it should. If you think that a player needs an extra boost of 1 army plus to be able to better counter the agressive Ai then I will try to think of something.. but I dont want to make the game too easy for the player

Got it.
    Now unfortunately for the time beeing I cannot load the game because my pc issues has not been solved 100%. From what I remember though the extra generals were indeed spawning with no problem and we did check every single one of them. If I remember correctly they were spawning regardless of imperium level and that was the reason we used coordinates so far away from main faction (that and actual historic reasons of course). We did not want the player to cheat by having more generals than he was allowed to. Now, you describe a situation were the general is not available until someone dies or imperium is increased. In this case the new general remains activated in your Party screen? If yes, then this is not such a big disaster because actual army number remains as it should. If you think that a player needs an extra boost of 1 army plus to be able to better counter the agressive Ai then I will try to think of something.. but I dont want to make the game too easy for the player
    Its not needed it was just always really cool when it happened!
    Especially when dealing with Makedon and Thessalion (the two most annoying factions)!

I just wanted to confirm which was the right way because it happened to me with both sparta and athens. Sparta especially I couldnt keep up with all these generals.
    I was often playing with at least 1 extra land general from mid to late game so I assumed this was a dynamic feature for these two factions.