Thread: Anyone have any awesome battle replays?

Beedo83's Avatar Civis

Default Anyone have any awesome battle replays?

Looking for some great battles to watch. I'm trying to get into the habit of saving mine but I still forget, I instantly click to continue and in this last case I really regretted doing so. Had an amazing battle then a follow up clean up battle and completely forgot to save the good one! Anyone that posts please put the version of DEI you used and any required mods (if any). Thanks and maybe this will be a place where we can share our victories or, gods forbid, epic defeats. Would be interesting to see others tactics as well!

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Anyone have any awesome battle replays?

Keep in mind that battle replays do not always work I think. Plus they are not really replays, simply AI is trying to use same moves as the player did so sometimes you can even...lose a victorious battle when playing out replay.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

I have only 1 saved DEI battle fighting Helvetii as Rome with an army of mostly Hastati, Rorarii and various auxiliaries with a baggage train. The two Triarii and my general ended up defeating 7 Helvetii units with repeated cycle charging of the general and the Triarii being on 1 end of the line and only having to fight vs 3 until the other 3 came over and the Celtic cavalry charged only twice but then just sat watching until the very end. I had a way better one with that same army relieving the siege of Medhlan vs 2 Ligurian armies where the garrison slingers and Italian swordsmen saved the battle (the general did pretty well with nearly 700 kills but the slingers averaged almost 300 each x5 they pretty much did 80% of 1 army by themselves).

Not sure how many replays get corrupted in Rome 2- it was a big issue and in warhammer as well though CA patched it and it works most of the time occasionally still messes up even with same patch/mods.

Beedo83's Avatar Civis

A big issue is whenever the mod is updated with a big patch, any old battles become useless. I had one such battle specifically in mind when I made this thread where I was severely outnumbered as the Arvernii vs one of the German tribes. I thought I would get crushed and the power bar was 95% red but through some clutch cavalry charges, some surprising last stands on the part of my main line infantry, and I had hidden some naked spears with some dogs that I nearly forgot about but was able to call in the ambush before all was lost. Only reason I fought it to begin with was it had my 9 star King leading a battered raiding army back home and I wasn't going to lose him to a horde of Germans without killing as many of them as possible. This game contains so many epic moments if it weren't for the faulty replay system.