Thread: Thrones of Britannia – GamePlay Videos

Default Thrones of Britannia – GamePlay Videos

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post

I believe this deserves its own thread, if not its own subforum. A number of reviewers were apparently invited by SAGA to come and play the new Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia. Daruwind posted them first in a different thread so I'm just quoting his post to give credit. Watch and discuss.

Other developments:
    Alfred the Great Trailer
    A Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia – King Alfred The Great
    Thrones of Britannia – Campaign Map Reveal
    Total War Saga: THRONES OF BRITANNIA - Game Director Interview
    Total War Saga: THRONES OF BRITANNIA - Trailer
    Anglo Saxon Roster
    The Armenian Issue

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Thrones of Britannia – GamePlay Videos

There are a few more youtubers with videos as well. I was able to watch first few.

Optimalization so far not great might get better around release
    It is build on Attila so sieges somewhat different much bigger maps but..
    Similar to AoC but bigger scale
    A lot different things like pool for unit recruitment, unit being recruited with just 25% strength, upkeep cost food and money (probably having enough food surplus to get unit refilling), diplomacy changed - trade agreement automatic while not at war
    family tree
    unit variety somewhat lacking in comparison to WH
    they had like first 1,5 hours of gameplay so no end content

Last edited by Daruwind; February 01, 2018 at 01:03 PM.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    unit variety somewhat lacking in comparison to WH
    Shocker of the day.

Some interesting features though, the recruitment at 25% strength and return of the recruitment pool are interesting and technologies no longer from a tech tree but more integrated in the campaign intself could be great.

Did any of the videos mention anything about the voice overs? I know it's kind of a minor detail, but I literally cannot stand the voices in Attila at all. They need to be redone. I hope the are high quality.

The art style definitely does have it's appeal. Unit cards looks pretty nice. The game looks frighteningly like Attila, and the performance issue is probably the biggest problem. I recently started running up Attila again on my upgraded PC and it still runs like absolute garbage. That needs to be fixed, otherwise even if the game is good it will ruin it completely.

r3dshift's Avatar Civis

Yeah, one guy mentioned the VO is pretty decent, and no more cheesy / boring lines, unlike in Rome II / Attila.

SinisterOmen's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by SturmChurro View Post
    Did any of the videos mention anything about the voice overs? I know it's kind of a minor detail, but I literally cannot stand the voices in Attila at all. They need to be redone. I hope the are high quality.

The art style definitely does have it's appeal. Unit cards looks pretty nice. The game looks frighteningly like Attila, and the performance issue is probably the biggest problem. I recently started running up Attila again on my upgraded PC and it still runs like absolute garbage. That needs to be fixed, otherwise even if the game is good it will ruin it completely.
    Agreed. I'm sick of the same voices ever since rome 2. Same with the animations.
    I also hope for more optimization, Attila is terrible no matter the hardware. Rome 2 performs way better.

I recommend watching a number of them, and not just one, since they don't always cover the same topic or their angle are always different.
    The Armenian Issue

Copy/paste.

Sheild wall? Unit collision...le sigh.