Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are we with 2.3a?

Default Where are we with 2.3a?

Back in October we were told that 2.3a would be released in 6 weeks.

What will be included in the patch?

Will we need a full re-install?

Are we at the "installer" phase yet ????

just asking ..................

Thankyou

Default Re: Where are we with 2.3a?

Who said it would be in 6 weeks? We never give dates for this very reason, things are ready when they are ready.

It will be a patch, but a big one with units as well as new sounds and lots of other stuff (currently the zip is over 200MB and will only get bigger). Maintaining parallel builds which don't include certain elements is too much of a pain in the arse.

You won't need a reinstallation, and it won't involve a new installer. It's been tested quite a few times internally, the patching process works fine (though it won't if you have your game installed in Program Files).

Sorry QS I thought I read it from a team member - but obviously I`m wrong.

Do you intend to many little updates as you did for 2.2 ie 2.2b-c-d-e etc?

I must say I'm tremendously excited for it, but possibly for the wrong reasons.

I'm unfortunately one of those players who can't live without the disappearing bridge fix and the unit card text for the Pahropan i Balk

Also - will there be any updates to the province descriptions? They look like they're almost all done, I think there's only a handful (<10 for sure) that have no text or only placeholder text.

Do you intend to many little updates as you did for 2.2 ie 2.2b-c-d-e etc?

P.S. It`s definitely not in program files

Quote Originally Posted by Baharr View Post
    I must say I'm tremendously excited for it, but possibly for the wrong reasons.

I'm unfortunately one of those players who can't live without the disappearing bridge fix and the unit card text for the Pahropan i Balk

Also - will there be any updates to the province descriptions? They look like they're almost all done, I think there's only a handful (<10 for sure) that have no text or only placeholder text.
    I can confirm that the regional descriptions are being updated, since I am one of the helpers in this regard. It takes its time since writing all those informations is such a long work, but the final result is well within reach.

Everything that has been updated in the development build, up to the point the zip is released, will be in 2.3a. As a general rule, if it's been raised here and a team member has engaged with it through to conclusion, it is in.

No idea about 2.3b etc, that is entirely dependent on what comes up, and how things progress with getting 2.4 ready. There are some major overhauls of a number of factions intended in 2.4, which will make patching to it impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Who said it would be in 6 weeks? We never give dates for this very reason, things are ready when they are ready.

It will be a patch, but a big one with units as well as new sounds and lots of other stuff (currently the zip is over 200MB and will only get bigger). Maintaining parallel builds which don't include certain elements is too much of a pain in the arse.

You won't need a reinstallation, and it won't involve a new installer. It's been tested quite a few times internally, the patching process works fine (though it won't if you have your game installed in Program Files).
    Sounds! I love the sounds, voices, and music of EB2! This is one of my favorite parts of the mod!

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by XDeath007 View Post
    Sounds! I love the sounds, voices, and music of EB2! This is one of my favorite parts of the mod!
    I have to say I'm very satisfied with all the new campaign map voices as well as battle map taunting voices I've heard thus far. The game feels much more fleshed out than it did before. Some might not like it, but I actually like hearing the Celtic horn blaring when I use Celtic units as Greek factions.

Quote Originally Posted by jim600 View Post
    You're actually not crazy buddy, you read that because I did as well. It was a post by a team member shortly after 2.3 came out, it was said 2.3a could come out maybe in a month or very likely before "the holidays", that I remember for sure, might have been Kull perhaps? Anyway doesn't matter much, of course. Personally I prefer big patches every 6 months or so, takes me long enough to play campaigns as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by HarkonRules View Post
    You're actually not crazy buddy, you read that because I did as well. It was a post by a team member shortly after 2.3 came out, it was said 2.3a could come out maybe in a month or very likely before "the holidays", that I remember for sure, might have been Kull perhaps? Anyway doesn't matter much, of course. Personally I prefer big patches every 6 months or so, takes me long enough to play campaigns as it is.
    Yes,I agree with you ,I also hear somebody said this.

Quote Originally Posted by HarkonRules View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HuoShan View Post
    Yes,I agree with you ,I also hear somebody said this.
    Cuz I heard it through the grapevine.

Not much longer would 2.3a be mine.

Mmm-mmm, heard it through the grapevine.

If I don't play it soon then I'll lose my mind.

Honey, honey, yeah. Cuz I heard it through the grapevine, baby.

Cuz EB II means that much to me. I could never ever let it go! It's the number one mod and I love it so.

If it were ever to go away, then I'd hang myself that day. Ooh-ooh, heard it through the grapevine.

----
    Seriously, though, if anyone gives you a time estimate for when the mod is about to be done, it's most likely a total guess based on little if any info, and it's most likely not from an actual member of the team. It's better just to enjoy the existing game than to fret about when the next release is coming out. You could also choose to play another mod in the meantime.

El Monstero29's Avatar Semisalis

@Quintus or anyone in the know, can you tell us what new sounds are being included? Love me some new sound effects

Kull's best placed to summarise, he's applied most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Kull's best placed to summarise, he's applied most of them.
    I'd like to see that, because I'm very satisfied with the new voice commands and responses for Hellenistic units, but a couple of them sound very odd. Both the Kleruchoi Agema and Hetairoi have new voice responses on the battle map that sound as if they are being spoken into a tin can with a very cheap microphone, or someone recording it via Skype. This is somewhat jarring as the other units sound great. I now find myself being hesitant to click on them too much, dreading the fact that I'll have to hear them again.

Will the phalanx's performance be improved (even if only slightly) by 2.3a?

Quote Originally Posted by Pooploop View Post
    Will the phalanx's performance be improved (even if only slightly) by 2.3a?
    I've no idea as yet. I've made some changes, but no one has conclusively playtested them so far.

Quote Originally Posted by El Monstero29 View Post
    @Quintus or anyone in the know, can you tell us what new sounds are being included? Love me some new sound effects
    For v2.3a we'll have:

- More campaign map voices for East Greeks
    - More campaign map voices for the Romans
    - An update/expansion of an existing voice mod

(And no, I won't expand on any of that.....)

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Both the Kleruchoi Agema and Hetairoi have new voice responses on the battle map that sound as if they are being spoken into a tin can with a very cheap microphone, or someone recording it via Skype. This is somewhat jarring as the other units sound great. I now find myself being hesitant to click on them too much, dreading the fact that I'll have to hear them again.
    I spent some time listening to those, along with a group of others (as a "control"). Both use the same voice actor (who you hardly ever hear on the battlefield since he wasn't part of the original Greek voice actor group), and those voices were not recorded in the studio (unlike most of the greek voices), so that's part of the difference. After repeated listenings, I have to say the Agema sounds fine to me, but there is something jarring about the Hetairoi recordings. Fortunately one of the studio guys recorded a couple versions of Hetairoi, so I'll play around with those and will probably sub them in for the next release.
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    I spent some time listening to those, along with a group of others (as a "control"). Both use the same voice actor (who you hardly ever hear on the battlefield since he wasn't part of the original Greek voice actor group), and those voices were not recorded in the studio (unlike most of the greek voices), so that's part of the difference. After repeated listenings, I have to say the Agema sounds fine to me, but there is something jarring about the Hetairoi recordings. Fortunately one of the studio guys recorded a couple versions of Hetairoi, so I'll play around with those and will probably sub them in for the next release.
    Thank you for responding. I should probably note that the older version 2.2 of EBII had an awesome voice for the Hetairoi. The person doing the voice acting sounded absolutely vicious, full of vim and vigor, like he was about to kick your ass or spear you while saying "HETAIROI!!!"

By all means, bring that one back. I could listen to that voice command on a loop several times a day just for the lulz.

Hell yeah, I remember that as well Victrix. Went perfectly with the unit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast