Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.2.2h Released - Animation Overhaul, Supply System Changes, New Models and more!

Default Re: Beta Test 1.2.2h - Animation Overhaul, Supply System Changes, New Models and more!

Hi just come back to the mod after a while, and i have the 8th January parts installed of the mod and have put this fix in my data folder with all files enabled, but i still see lots of matched combat (not killing animations) So i assume its not working, any help? Thanks.

Default Re: Beta Test 1.2.2h - Animation Overhaul, Supply System Changes, New Models and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Kjertesvein View Post
    A question if I may. I have two official submods installed, 12 turns per year and hard core. Are these compatible with the beta?

Cheers,

~Wille
    I think those are compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by DisabledDonkey View Post
    Hi just come back to the mod after a while, and i have the 8th January parts installed of the mod and have put this fix in my data folder with all files enabled, but i still see lots of matched combat (not killing animations) So i assume its not working, any help? Thanks.
    The overhaul isn't completed yet, this is part one of the work. But you should see a lot less depending on the units fighting and a good FPS improvement.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Small update:
    - Fixed Athenian hoplites missing spears
    - Changed new formation name to Solid Square rather than Hold Formation
    - Baggage trains: Improved animations, increased unit size, reduced stats and speed, now deploy in rear and have better stats when dismounted.
    - Reduced naval land sickness effect to -15% from -25%.
    - Fixed Lugii political party name typo.
    - Added some more updated unit cards from sourav.
    - Fixed Evocata Germanica and Legionarii Clibanariorum missing pilums in hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Small update:
    - Baggage trains: Improved animations, increased unit size, reduced stats and speed, now deploy in rear and have better stats when dismounted.
    Thanks for the update!

I finally got the Samnite Warriors to work by purchasing the Hannibal DLC. The moment I did that, they showed up. FYI they don't seem to carry their pila when stationary/marching.

I get a can not open file error when I try to open your beta pack.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Because they are DLC unit so they are not included in base DeI, hence they don't have our unit stats/animation assigned.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Hey, your current pack you have up for download seems to be corrupted or something, i'm not the only one with the same problem.

Downloads fine for me, who else has a problem?

I even have a mirror version on a separate download site.

Downloads fine for me, who else has a problem?

I even have a mirror version on a separate download site.
    Strange. I tried both. I just know it wouldn't open for myself or my buddy. You are using 7zip on windows 10? Maybe it is an operating system thing. Anyway, thanks for your hardwork, love the mod, I guess I might have to wait for the update to be released ):

Its not zipped, its just the pack file directly

Its not zipped, its just the pack file directly
    7 zip seems to be the only option to open it

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by bingbonger View Post
    7 zip seems to be the only option to open it
    If you're talking about the @@@@fixpack122h.pack download on the first page, it is just a pack file so it doesn't need to be unzipped with winrar or 7zip. Just move it to steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\data and you're good to go. If you want to open/edit it, use the Pack File Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    If you're talking about the @@@@fixpack122h.pack download on the first page, it is just a pack file. Just move it to steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\data and you're good to go. If you want to open/edit it, use the Pack File Manager.
    I am so incredibly stupid. My brain is deteriorating with age clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by JCB206 View Post
    I agree. Levy infantry rarely stood up to a cavalry charge, historically or in KAM's previous battle versions. Light troops with no spears should be decimated quickly. The only way the horse is slowing down is running over a 150 man with light weapons and no armor. These are 800-1200 lb animals, moving at quick speeds, with a 150lb man and possibly 40-70 lbs of amour and weapons. Even without stirrups, skirmishers and undisciplined levy infantry shouldn't just "still lose to cavalry though" IMO. They should be run into the ground or be running away and then only cut down.

I feel the same way with my troops. If I leave them unprotected and the AI charges cavalry at them, they should stop being a consideration in my battle plans.
    Yes, weak melee units do seem able to hold out a bit long vs charges. I noticed it seems related to the way the cavalry formation penetrates missile unit formations. Without user input the cavalry charge the missile units, stop and only the front horses seem to really engage. If you run them through the formation the results are more reasonable. The trouble is it's hard to do this and ensure they continue attacking the unit. I've tried two approaches with reasonable success, detailed below.

1. Attack another unit "behind" the light infantry unit to force the cavalry to continue pushing through the formation, then stop the order and turn around for another charge once the cavalry are on the other side.

2. Envelop missile units from both the back/front with multiple cavalry units.

#2 obviously works best but it's not always viable. One would think cavalry would innately hit light troops and steamroll over them, or continue moving while surrounding them but, yeah.... It's a CA game.

Not sure how one would go about "fixing" this, as I imagine all the variables going into unit stats makes it a challenge to get the right balance.

It's constantly changing. There have been versions where cav devastate skirmishers caught in the open. The cav always wins of course. The issue comes up because there are usually 6-10 light units in each army. I rarely have more than 5 cav units in an army, though I would like to have only 2-3.

Skirmish phase begins and lasts a few seconds.
    Then the main lines meet.
    Then cav move to take out other Cavalry. I set this up to have a cav unit for taking out skirmishers.
    The enemy battle line starts to waiver. The cav break and run for the hills. My lone cavalry unit is still engaged with levy slingers with no shields. They are winning decisively but...
    Now I can send cav to fight the other skirmishers. Hopefully I have one unit left for rear charges.

In my Spartan campaign, I didn't recruit cavalry unit I get a level III barracks. I just sent Helots after the skirmishers. Much cheaper. They will run around for the entire battle and it doesn't matter if my guys win or not. By then my battle line has won and they are usually out of ammo.

anything change about political system?

i have my own family member randomly creating their own party and defecting. i dont remember if this was the case before, kind of new to the political system.
    is this intentional? anyway to prevent this?
    (i didn't let them get bribed or anything)

Quote Originally Posted by meerkatology View Post
    anything change about political system?

i have my own family member randomly creating their own party and defecting. i dont remember if this was the case before, kind of new to the political system.
    is this intentional? anyway to prevent this?
    (i didn't let them get bribed or anything)
    The mod has nothing to do with it. It is a new feature added with power and politics update.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Ostrogoth View Post
    The mod has nothing to do with it. It is a new feature added with power and politics update.
    Indeed.

Small update:
    do we need to re-download this new update?

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by quachandy99 View Post
    do we need to re-download this new update?
    Yeap.