Thread: I like the 'select potential successor' feature.

James the Red's Avatar Campidoctor

Default I like the 'select potential successor' feature.

Since Medieval 2 doesn't let you just select an heir like in Rome 1, I find EB2s work-around to be pretty smart. I understand the hard-coded limits, so being able to just give influence to whatever general I want, at whenever time I want, in order to pick the next heir to be pretty useful.

Great job EB2 team.

-edit-Oh, I forgot to say, how do you personally use this feature when role-playing? As the Romans I don't use it.
    Last edited by James the Red; January 31, 2018 at 04:12 PM.

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

Default Re: I like the 'select potential successor' feature.

Quote Originally Posted by James the Red View Post
    Since Medieval 2 doesn't let you just select an heir like in Rome 1, I find EB2s work-around to be pretty smart. I understand the hard-coded limits, so being able to just give influence to whatever general I want, at whenever time I want, in order to pick the next heir to be pretty useful.

Great job EB2 team.
    I haven't played EB in some time, as far as I remember there's something wrong with that script, or am I wrong?
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

It's been fixed as best we can, in v2.3, which is now much more reliable than in previous versions. It's still not perfect, but that's not surprising when we're trying to force the game to do something it wasn't designed to allow.

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

That's great to hear!
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

For the sake of posterity, there was nothing wrong with the script. It assigned the trait every time it was called upon to do so.

The issue was with the trait; +8 Authority wasn't enough to get the job done. We upped that to +10 and in most cases that works.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I do still feel the need to bump off family members who are not true Seleukidai or not true decedents

James the Red's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    I do still feel the need to bump off family members who are not true Seleukidai or not true decedents
    I know what you mean, when you get a general who is the heir who is an uncle or something while the current kings son is the 'potential successor'. I just hand-waive it as 'the uncle is the regent/co-ruler' and try not to let it bother me.

Just send such an obnoxious heir on a hopeless campaign against Galatian doomstacks.