Thread: Can't get DM to play

Default Can't get DM to play

Howdy, generals. Kind of having a problem getting darthmod working. I unpacked part 2 into a folder on the ETW folder, ran the part one exe which seemed to get it installed, putting an icon on my desktop. But when I tried it, it ran the start screen, but when I hit play game, it says it can not locate empire.exe in the folder I installed darth to. DM looks so cool, I wish I could play it. Thanks!

Default Re: Can't get DM to play

I figured it out--I just had to install everything in the ETW folder with the empire.exe file.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

And you need to have run ETW once at least first!
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

gazastripclub's Avatar Foederatus

Ok so if I didn't run ETW once before install and did all 3 parts of the Darthmod install plus Casus Belli.... do I have to run the game in vanilla mode first? Or do I have to uninstall and start all over again?

And again, which folder does DME belong in? Do I put it in Data or just the main Empire Total War directory? It creates .pack files in the main folder on startup... and I thought .pack files were just for the Data folder?