Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Updated: Collection of Palmyrene and Late Phartian/Early Sassanid Armies pics and miniatures

Default Re: Collection of Palmyrene Army pics and miniatures

Quote Originally Posted by asterion2005 View Post
    I believe Berbers to merge with the Arabs. Instead of the Berbers to make an independent Arab Kingdom, handing them at the start of Nisibis and add Hatra, separated from neighboring provinces. You can add a heavy infantry - dismounted Savaran and heavy archers. I guess that dismounted knights and repelled the assault. Although the auxiliary infantry of the Arabs was good.
    Indeed that can be a good solution for the bebers. However I think that you could have another two options:

-Create a "Independent Peoples Faction", like the one of Roma Surrectum II, inside which you can add many minor peoples or factions (Berbers, Tankhids, Vandals, etc.) with their own unic units (for example the Numidian cavalry in the areas nder berber control) in each of their respective areas. Besides with this first option you wouldn't need to appeal to the "amalgame factions", and so on you could include more specific factions.

-Amalgamate the Berbers, Nubians and Blemmyes factions in one "African Peoples Faction", and so avoid the odd into have in one only factions Berbers and Arabs (having in mind that except maybe in Egypt both peoples doesn't have important contacts until the Arab conquest of the VII and VIII centuries.

And below some more pictures of Late Phartians of Aventine which could serve you as inspiration:

Last edited by Rampante-Cid; February 04, 2018 at 10:16 AM.

The game has a faction of "free peoples". Faction roksolany. The minor barbarian tribes, but from the Western part of the map. I think that can be done. Pictures as always are wonderful!
    p.s. Axe in the hands of the horseman in the picture below, it is very doubtful?
    Last edited by asterion2005; February 05, 2018 at 02:49 AM.

The game has a faction of "free peoples". Faction roksolany. The minor barbarian tribes, but from the Western part of the map. I think that can be done. Pictures as always are wonderful!
    p.s. Axe in the hands of the horseman in the picture below, it is very doubtful?
    Nope really because is a kind of "Sagarys" a type of battle axe used by the Scythians and also by other Iranian peoples as the Phartians and Persians:

https://www.google.es/search?q=sagar...w=1366&bih=588

The model of the rider it is similar to a pick. But the club - interesting!

The model of the rider it is similar to a pick. But the club - interesting!
    I see that you like the club, a perfect weapon to smash the skulls of your enemies xd. Anyways, maybe tonight or tomorrow I will post another little group of pictures of Phartian and Persian knights that I have just discovered today

Quote Originally Posted by Rampante-Cid View Post
    I see that you like the club, a perfect weapon to smash the skulls of your enemies xd. Anyways, maybe tonight or tomorrow I will post another little group of pictures of Phartian and Persian knights that I have just discovered today
    A club, a mace - ideal weapon for a heavy cavalry. Especially effective against the "white armor", which is difficult to break with a sword or spear. No wonder mace was preferred to the bishops! I just liked the shape of a specific Mace horseman's. In the first Rome, this was at the Parthian kataphraktoi. I wonder how it's done. It is entirely made of metal or it is a wood with forging.

Well as I promised some days ago now another album with drawings , this time from the excelent Polish artist "Dariusz Caballeros": http://dariocaballeros.blogspot.com.es/

Album's Link: https://imgur.com/a/FNDKv

And below my favourites of them, which represents the possible designs of Late Phartian's armors based in rock reliefs from Iran (personally I think that they would be perfect as the models of the Dismounted Phartian Kinghts). The last one it seems to be a heavy spearman :

Default Re: Updated: Collection of Palmyrene and Late Phartian/Early Sassanid Armies pics and miniatures

Thanks for the material! As always, a very interesting interpretation (Very similar to the Polish armour of the 16th century.)!
    Last edited by asterion2005; February 08, 2018 at 12:08 PM.

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Updated: Collection of Palmyrene and Late Phartian/Early Sassanid Armies pics and miniatures

Here is another artwork from the artist and reconstruction of this kind of body armour:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123