Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: [SUB-MOD] Portrait Enhancement Pack **Ar-Adunaim RELEASE**

Celtic Magister's Avatar Miles

Default Re: [SUB-MOD Preview] Portrait Enhancement Pack

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanhoe95 View Post
    So when can we expect to play this cool addition?
    Also is there a way to make sure that Eldarion (Aragorn's heir) will not be masked & hooded or blonde/light-brown haired?
    Theoretically speaking, you can have Eldarion spawned into the map by a script at the same exact turn he'd otherwise turn 16 or even later, and in campaign_scripts you can define the spawned Eldarion's portrait, his BG unit, and the rest of his traits/stats/ancs.
    ---Unit Modelers and battle map creators wanted!--- Discord: https://discord.gg/7qwdgr4

Really thanks for the answers, however I assume this way he could not be part of the family tree.
    I'm still curious about the release date, though

Love the Orodreth portrait too bad Pelargir Marines were cut from the DAC roster they were one my favorite Gondorian units
    Supreme Commander of the Galactic Federation, Emperor of the Virtupets Empire, Star King
    Certified Genius
    M L I G: Mandy Luxe is the Greatest
    Erasiel Darkar is OP! Never will be nerfed! He is Winx

It took me longer than originally planned due to lack of free time, but I finally manged to complete all the Bree portraits. I even made some more Dunedain in in the process.
    As I previously stated, after this series of portraits I would release the first part of my sub-mod. You just have to wait another week at best, cause I need to make some minor adjustments and check that everything is on point.

**Credits to Netheriel and Araval for their many suggestions and for providing me with some of the research material**

Bree Generals

Bree Custom Generals
    Faction Leader, Heir, Brathor the Dunedain, Bilbo, Alf, Wil, Paladin, Script Generals (Reginard, Aldaron)

Custom Diplomat (Radagast)

Northern Dunedain Generals

for a total of 150 unique portraits so far

Northern Dunedain Captain/Admiral

I made a new one. I think that a ranger look fits better than the previous one with the arnorian armor.

Last edited by Naras; June 11, 2018 at 03:54 PM.

Yes, another faction finally without Rohirrim. Now we can have our real drunk bree folks.

just have to wait another week at best
    Written on June 11... don't wanna be rude, but man, I'm only waiting for this to start a new campaign

Written on June 11... don't wanna be rude, but man, I'm only waiting for this to start a new campaign
    Portraits take quite a while to make, especially quality ones like Naras is doing. Furthermore, 2D changes like this will not effect campaigns in progress so you've been waiting for no particular reason. The only mod changes which may mess up in progress campaigns are campaign script changes, map changes, and descr_strat changes.
    ---Unit Modelers and battle map creators wanted!--- Discord: https://discord.gg/7qwdgr4

Well I thought if he ADDS something then it needs a new game... (I mean if it would be only a reskin of existing portrait cards I've cleary started a new one, and then later changed the look of them). Anyway, if I start a new campaign now, and add the reskin & additon later I may be confused for the lack of familiar faces + I have to play e.g.: Bree with Rohirrim Royal Guard-armored generals

Hang in there sir XD I thought I would have more free time when I said that, my bad. But I can assure you that I have been working on them everytime I get a chance.

Well I thought if he ADDS something then it needs a new game... (I mean if it would be only a reskin of existing portrait cards I've cleary started a new one, and then later changed the look of them). Anyway, if I start a new campaign now, and add the reskin & additon later I may be confused for the lack of familiar faces + I have to play e.g.: Bree with Rohirrim Royal Guard-armored generals
    Still not as bad as Dunland with Rohirrim Generals.

Anyways this is really great work Naras. Would love to see the Dunland portraits, will they have a Dark Ages or Viking theme? Or maybe something a little more barbarous. They could be the same as those for Enedwaith.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward Denethor II View Post
    Still not as bad as Dunland with Rohirrim Generals.

Anyways this is really great work Naras. Would love to see the Dunland portraits, will they have a Dark Ages or Viking theme? Or maybe something a little more barbarous. They could be the same as those for Enedwaith.
    I dunno, I have not even started working on them yet, but I was thinking to give them some sort of barbaric look. However, the game itself necessarily requires that Enedwaith and Dunland portraits have to be alike cause they share both culture and religion, it cannot be otherwise.

Btw, in this version I am about to complete there can be found:
    -Dwarves
    -Elves
    -Northern Dunedain
    -Northmen (Rohan, Dale, Vale of Dorwinion)
    -Gondor
    -Bree

The final release (who knows how long it's gonna take) will also include:
    -Ar Adunaim
    -Vale of Anduin
    -Wildmen (Enedwaith and Dunlendings)
    -Wicked Men (Harad, Rhun, Khand)
    -Orcs

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Naras View Post
    It took me longer than originally planned due to lack of free time, but I finally manged to complete all the Bree portraits. I even made some more Dunedain in in the process.
    As I previously stated, after this series of portraits I would release the first part of my sub-mod. You just have to wait another week at best, cause I need to make some minor adjustments and check that everything is on point.

**Credits to Netheriel and Araval for their many suggestions and for providing me with some of the research material**

Bree Generals

Bree Custom Generals
    Faction Leader, Heir, Brathor the Dunedain, Bilbo, Alf, Wil, Paladin, Script Generals (Reginard, Aldaron)

Custom Diplomat (Radagast)

Northern Dunedain Generals

for a total of 150 unique portraits so far

Northern Dunedain Captain/Admiral

I made a new one. I think that a ranger look fits better than the previous one with the arnorian armor.

some
    of these have creepy Pervy grins lol

@Naras, If you'd like some assistance on finding portrait material for the Ar-Adunaim and Wicked Men, I'd be willing to help.

My suggestion for the AA, Wicked - and the Wildmen is to check a lot of medieval movies and series like Vikings, Last Kingdom, Ironclad, Kindom of Heaven (e.g.: Tobias would make a great AA general in my opinion). With little edit, you could create very 'authentic' looking and fitting portraits

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Magister View Post
    @Naras, If you'd like some assistance on finding portrait material for the Ar-Adunaim and Wicked Men, I'd be willing to help.
    I have plenty of material but the more the merrier. If you are able to find some good pics I would gladly accept them.

My suggestion for the AA, Wicked - and the Wildmen is to check a lot of medieval movies and series like Vikings, Last Kingdom, Ironclad, Kindom of Heaven (e.g.: Tobias would make a great AA general in my opinion). With little edit, you could create very 'authentic' looking and fitting portraits
    Who is Tobias? Btw, I have been trying to avoid using famous actors images for my portraits. People have always spotted them immediately the few times I did that XD

Hehehe, I meant Tiberias:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And of course I didn't meant the top-famous actors, but the supporting ones... as they have their hair etc set for a medieval theme... to be frank, the Bree porttaits have some very obvious selfies
    To support my truth: remember Orodreth's portrait from DaC? Seems familiar? Guy de Lusignan from Kindom of Heaven
    [IMG][/IMG]

To support my truth: remember Orodreth's portrait from DaC? Seems familiar? Guy de Lusignan from Kindom of Heaven
    [IMG][/IMG]
    You know, that this guy was Celeborn in The Lord of the Rings, right?

Hehehe, I meant Tiberias:

And of course I didn't meant the top-famous actors, but the supporting ones... as they have their hair etc set for a medieval theme... to be frank, the Bree porttaits have some very obvious selfies
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Yes, I had already noticed that. Kingdom of Heaven (the exteded edition) is one of my favourite movies of all time btw.

Regarding the Bree portraits issue I have to admit that's definetely not one my best work. The lack of time quite affected the final product XD
    But I have already removed many of them and replaced with better ones. Tomorrow there will be the last portraits preview that includes all the final changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirundo View Post
    You know, that this guy was Celeborn in The Lord of the Rings, right?
    Damn, I didn't know that. He looks completely different XD
    Last edited by Naras; June 28, 2018 at 06:31 PM.

I made some other portraits while I was checking all the files and fixing things here and there, they are going to be the last ones before the upcoming release. I basically replaced some of the portraits I wasn't satisfied with and even made a bunch of new ones.

Generic Generals
    Gondor, Northern Duendain, Northmen, Bree
    (They are all replacements)

Custom Generals
    -Gondor: Hurin
    -Dol Amroth: Istion
    -Roahn: Eomer (remade), Elfhelm, Erkenbrand
    -Dale: Brand, Halward, Biarn
    -Dorwinion: Forthwin, Nurwe (remade)

Bree Diplomats

Bree Captain/Admiral

*EDIT*

Other Costum Generals

Khazad-dum: Oin
    Dol Amroth: Imrahil (I changed his hair color to black according to the general unit model)
    Dorwinion: Hawin (Faction Leader), Swain (Heir)

Last edited by Naras; July 03, 2018 at 07:43 PM.

Default Re: [SUB-MOD] Portrait Enhancement Pack **Good Factions RELEASE (800+ new portraits)**

Bump, mod is out XD

preview, download link and instructions can be found in the OP