Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: [SUB-MOD] Portrait Enhancement Pack **Ar-Adunaim RELEASE**

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: [SUB-MOD Preview] Portrait Enhancement Pack

Fabulous!

El Monstero29's Avatar Semisalis

Your work is amazing, sir! I hope you can find the time/desire to create some new portraits for the evil men too.

Either way, I wish I could give you more than 1 rep!

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

I actually did all of the portraits in vanilla TATW, with some occasional assistance. I wouldn't mind someone editing them but I agree that making an alternative from scratch is probably better and might even be faster.
    Keep up the good work.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

good job +rep
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Tal-In-Galumir's Avatar Libertus

Such nice portraits! Keep up your amazing work

On a side note, Haldir's face does look somewhat weird, flat if I were to describe it. Maybe you could opt for a more natural look given time?

Quote Originally Posted by El Monstero29 View Post
    Your work is amazing, sir! I hope you can find the time/desire to create some new portraits for the evil men too.
    Yea, I am going to do them but it will still take a while in all probability before I start to work on them, cause they are one of the last factions on my to-do list.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    I actually did all of the portraits in vanilla TATW, with some occasional assistance. I wouldn't mind someone editing them but I agree that making an alternative from scratch is probably better and might even be faster.
    I knew you had done all the generic portraits but I was not sure about the custom ones since there are some factions and generals who are not present in TATW vanilla.
    Btw I was already planning to contact you sooner or later because I wanted to ask your permission to edit some of the generic portraits.

Quote Originally Posted by Tal-In-Galumir View Post
    On a side note, Haldir's face does look somewhat weird, flat if I were to describe it. Maybe you could opt for a more natural look given time?
    You are right. It's probably due to the "remove noise" tool of which I always make an extensive use when I am making elven portraits as it gives them a smother skin, but I probably overdid it a bit this time XD
    I will try to fix it.

Any plans for Khand they need a good deal of variety
    Supreme Commander of the Galactic Federation, Emperor of the Virtupets Empire, Star King
    Certified Genius
    M L I G: Mandy Luxe is the Greatest
    Erasiel Darkar is OP! Never will be nerfed! He is Winx

His hair could stand to be a bit longer and his cloak could be more difined but other then that I like it
    Supreme Commander of the Galactic Federation, Emperor of the Virtupets Empire, Star King
    Certified Genius

Quote Originally Posted by jedi7000nathan View Post
    Any plans for Khand they need a good deal of variety
    If you are referring to Khand having their own specific portraits, I don't think that's possible right now cause the share the same culture with Rhun and the Easterlings. So, all three of them unfortunately will have very generic portraits.

His hair could stand to be a bit longer and his cloak could be more difined but other then that I like it
    Are you talking about Halbarad? And if that's the case, what you think about this version:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

@Naras
    What you could do is to set Khand to start the game as Nomadic and have a script that changes them to Evil Men culture at turn 1.
    That allows a unique portrait set.
    All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana from Doctor Who, one of my favorite characters in all of fiction

The problem with Khand is that they change religion if the good path is chosen.
    From my testing, having a change of religion midgame with the portrait set to a specific culture/religion create a lot of issues, like having black portraits for every generic general.

So my advice is to leave Khand simply with the culture portraits and not link them to their religion to avoid any problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Naras View Post
    If you are referring to Khand having their own specific portraits, I don't think that's possible right now cause the share the same culture with Rhun and the Easterlings. So, all three of them unfortunately will have very generic portraits.

Are you talking about Halbarad? And if that's the case, what you think about this version:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Much better I like it alot
    Certified Genius

Celtic Magister's Avatar Miles

Naras, is it possible you might consider creating unique portraits for the Ar-Adunaim random generals? Especially since the current ones usually appear more than once on different generals.
    ---Unit Modelers and battle map creators wanted!--- Discord: https://discord.gg/7qwdgr4

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Magister View Post
    Naras, is it possible you might consider creating unique portraits for the Ar-Adunaim random generals? Especially since the current ones usually appear more than once on different generals.
    Sure, as I stated in some previous posts I will make new portraits for every possible faction. In the next days there will be a preview for Gondor, that I have almost finished already. Then I will start working on Bree or on the Ar Adunaim, I have not decided yet. And I am going to make some more Northern Dunedain too, especially because the DaC team decided to not include the ones with the Arnorian armour and so, right now, they just have around 40 unique portraits. Anyway, v3.0 is still far off in the future and my sub-mod will probably be released when totally completed, so the order in which faction comes out is not that important right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Naras View Post
    Sure, as I stated in some previous posts I will make new portraits for every possible faction. In the next days there will be a preview for Gondor, that I have almost finished already. Then I will start working on Bree or on the Ar Adunaim, I have not decided yet. And I am going to make some more Northern Dunedain too, especially because the DaC team decided to not include the ones with the Arnorian armour and so, right now, they just have around 40 unique portraits. Anyway, v3.0 is still far off in the future and my sub-mod will probably be released when totally completed, so the order in which faction comes out is not that important right now.
    Will the ones with Arnorian armor still be an option in a separate sub mod or are they going to not be a thing
    Certified Genius

Will the ones with Arnorian armor still be an option in a separate sub mod or are they going to not be a thing
    All the portraits I made so far will be in my submod. DaC will be missing those ones and probably most of the custom generals.

I want to start by saying it was made me notice that the ND generals “old” portraits were way too old considering that they swap portrait at the age of 50 in the game but the ones I made looked more like they were in their 70s. Therefore, I made them a little bit younger (for the most part I just reduced the wrinkles and their hair are slightly less greyish). So, ND old generals will look better and with a more fitting portrait overall in future DaC versions.
    That said, here is another preview with some fresh new portraits:

Gondor/Dol Amroth Generals

Gondor/Dol Amroth Custom Generals
    -1st row: Gondor
    -2nd row: Dol Amroth

Gondor/Dol Amroth Diplomats

Dwarven Generals
    - these are definitely the last ones

Gloin and Balin

Captains/Admirals
    -Dol Amroth, Erebor, Khazad-dum and Ered Luin (in that order)

Nice work as always Naras. I've noticed that Athelstan in Gondorian portraits, now i'm waiting for Travis Fimmel's Ragnar to pop up somewhere in these portraits, would be my favourite general haha

Great work!

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

These look fantastic as always!