Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: [SUB-MOD] Portrait Enhancement Pack **Ar-Adunaim RELEASE**

Default Re: [SUB-MOD] Portrait Enhancement Pack **Good Factions RELEASE (800+ new portraits)**

:O thank you!

Celtic Magister's Avatar Miles

Default Re: [SUB-MOD] Portrait Enhancement Pack **Good Factions RELEASE (800+ new portraits)**

Well done on releasing this! 800 portraits is an incredible accomplishment.
    ---Unit Modelers and battle map creators wanted!--- Discord: https://discord.gg/7qwdgr4

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

congrats on this accomplishment+rep
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Very nicely done!

Thanks you guys, hope you like it XD In the next months I am gonna work on the Ar-Adunaim

Btw, I finnaly got some time to play DaC v2 for the first time and I managed to get a nice preset while I was messing around a bit with GEM graphic effects. It’s a kind a compromise between campaign and battle map graphics (usually when you max out effects for battles then it looks like crap on campaign, and vice versa). Since Med2 is quite dated I thought it could turn out to be usefull to people who would like to play the game with better graphics XD

Preview:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	medieval2.exe_DX9_20180715_161957.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	253.0 KB 
ID:	354210 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	medieval2.exe_DX9_20180715_151250.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	277.5 KB 
ID:	354209 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	medieval2.exe_DX9_20180715_151321.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	296.6 KB 
ID:	354208 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	medieval2.exe_DX9_20180715_161113.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	302.1 KB 
ID:	354207 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	medieval2.exe_DX9_20180715_151937.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	279.7 KB 
ID:	354206 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	medieval2.exe_DX9_20180716_145858.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	333.9 KB 
ID:	354205 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	medieval2.exe_DX9_20180716_145721.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	314.5 KB 
ID:	354204 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	medieval2.exe_DX9_20180716_145749.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	397.7 KB 
ID:	354203
    or even here: https://imgur.com/a/sRhMY80
    (if you wonder why Lindon units look a bit yellowish it is due to the specific lighting of the White Tower battlemap, they look just fine in all the other maps)

Here are the instructions, just in case you have never used GEM before

STEP 1
    Download GEMFX v1.0.9 here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Version-1-0-9

STEP 2

Set the installer download location to your Medieval 2 Total War main folder
    i.e. ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)

STEP 3

Download my preset here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/occt5b...tings.cfg/file

STEP 4

copy “GEMFX_settings” into this file path: C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\GEMFX\Presets\current
    (accept when asked to overwrite file)

NOTE: It may affects frame rate, especially on old or low-end PCs. So, it’s definetely not recommended if you already have problems running Med2 on high graphic settings.

(to remove the effect just delete the “d3d9.dll” file from your Medieval 2 Total War main folder)

Last edited by Naras; July 21, 2018 at 02:39 PM. Reason: preset has been modified

Will definetly try it out, thanks.
    Probably looks even better in game than in pictures.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Naras View Post
    Thanks you guys, hope youlike it XD In the next months I am gonna work on the Ar-Adunaim

Btw, I finnaly got some time to play DaC v2 for the first time and I managed to get a nice preset while I was messing around a bit with GEM graphic effects.It’s a kind a compromise between campaign and battle map graphics (usually whenyou max out effects for battles then it looks like crap on campaign, and viceversa). Since Med2 is quite dated I thought it could turn out to be usefull topeople who would like to play the game with better graphics XD

Preview:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	medieval2.exe_DX9_20180715_161957.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	253.0 KB 
ID:	354210 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	medieval2.exe_DX9_20180715_151250.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	277.5 KB 
ID:	354209 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	medieval2.exe_DX9_20180715_151321.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	296.6 KB 
ID:	354208 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	medieval2.exe_DX9_20180715_161113.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	302.1 KB 
ID:	354207 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	medieval2.exe_DX9_20180715_151937.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	279.7 KB 
ID:	354206 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	medieval2.exe_DX9_20180716_145858.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	333.9 KB 
ID:	354205 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	medieval2.exe_DX9_20180716_145721.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	314.5 KB 
ID:	354204 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	medieval2.exe_DX9_20180716_145749.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	397.7 KB 
ID:	354203
    or even here: https://imgur.com/a/sRhMY80
    (if you wonder why Lindon units look a bit yellowish here is due to the specific lighting of the White Tower battlemap, they look just fine in all the other maps)

Here are the instructions, just in case you have never used GEM before

STEP 1
    Download GEMFX v1.0.9 here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Version-1-0-9

STEP 2

Set the installer download location to your Medieval 2 Total War main folder
    i.e. ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)

STEP 3

Download my preset here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/bfqbnl...tings.cfg/file

STEP 4

copy “GEMFX_settings” into this file path: C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\GEMFX\Presets\current
    (accept when asked to overwrite file)

NOTE: It may affects frame rate, especially on old or low-end PCs. So, it’s definetely not recommended if you already have problems running Med2 on high graphic settings.

(to remove the effect just delete the “d3d9.dll” file from your Medieval 2 Total War main folder)

Firstly, amazing portraits!
    Secondly, usually I don't like effects like this as it destroys the gameplay imo, but this looks like a good medium between ease of gameplay whilst still being visually pleasing! Good job. Will certainly try out.
    Last edited by frotxy; July 17, 2018 at 07:11 AM.

Amazing work, thanks!

Celtic Magister's Avatar Miles

Really looking forward to the Ar-Adunaim portraits! Keep up the awesome work Naras.
    ---Unit Modelers and battle map creators wanted!--- Discord: https://discord.gg/7qwdgr4

Just a quick note to the people interested to my GEM preset. I made some adjustments, I noticed that colors were tending to red a bit too much and ambient light was excessive, especially when you were browsing tabs on the campaign map. I made some adjustments, now it should look better. Link to the preset has been replaced, it can be found above on the same post.

This is great work. Just started as Bree and I really like the portraits; also glad you fixed Barliman as his old portrait was no good.

You think you could get someone to show this mod off on youtube it would be interesting to see the full set of protraits vs the limited ones in the core DAC
    Supreme Commander of the Galactic Federation, Emperor of the Virtupets Empire, Star King
    Certified Genius
    M L I G: Mandy Luxe is the Greatest
    Erasiel Darkar is OP! Never will be nerfed! He is Winx

Quote Originally Posted by jedi7000nathan View Post
    You think you could get someone to show this mod off on youtube it would be interesting to see the full set of protraits vs the limited ones in the core DAC
    I don't get what you mean. There is a preview with all the portraits included in the submod on the OP.
    Last edited by Naras; August 02, 2018 at 07:43 PM.

Finnaly a graphic mod that makes playable on campaign map and battlemap thank you on pointing it out.
    One question Naras are there any plans to get this submod fully into Dac or not?
    Hope you are doing well and so the Ar-Adunaim progress.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman1946 View Post
    Finnaly a graphic mod that makes playable on campaign map and battlemap thank you on pointing it out.
    One question Naras are there any plans to get this submod fully into Dac or not?
    Hope you are doing well and so the Ar-Adunaim progress.

Ar-Adunaim are already completed xDxD at least the first series of them. I should have posted a preview last week already, but I have encountered some unexpected data loss issues. Probably, they will be ready for the end of this week or the next one at worst.
    Some of the portraits in the mod are already into DaC (almost all the dwarven series, the elven one and some dunedain) but I revisited many of them in the meanwhile, right now there are some differences even among them. I think all the generic portraits will be added to DaC later on (probably with the exception of the dunedain with arnorian armor).

Regarding the custom ones instead, the situation is a bit different, and usually the DaC team selects just some of them; even spies with right background and captains/admirals won't probably be added.
    So, answering to your question, this submod will most likely be still relevant even after it will be fully completed.
    Last edited by Naras; August 22, 2018 at 03:02 PM.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: [SUB-MOD Preview] Portrait Enhancement Pack

Quote Originally Posted by jedi7000nathan View Post
    Love the Orodreth portrait too bad Pelargir Marines were cut from the DAC roster they were one my favorite Gondorian units
    Lol. What? Really? That's not a good decision. Pelargir is mostly renowned because of its marines (who can conveniently throw deadly javelins at dangerous cave trolls). It is what Pelargir is known for. That's like the equivalent of removing Swan Knights from Dol Amroth or Osgiliath Pikemen from Osgiliath. That doesn't make any sense and just seems arbitrary to me. It would also mean Gondor only has ax-throwing Lossarnach Axeguards as the only real unit that can counter the annoying cave trolls and Olog-hai.

It's a good thing I play Reunited Kingdom now, because I get much of the awesome unit features and skins of DAC without having to worry about this sort of silliness. MOS is also a classic, always worth playing.

^ They're rebranded as Lebinin Marines, and now have a spear and javelin and look different.

Default Re: [SUB-MOD Preview] Portrait Enhancement Pack

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Lol. What? Really? That's not a good decision. Pelargir is mostly renowned because of its marines (who can conveniently throw deadly javelins at dangerous cave trolls). It is what Pelargir is known for. That's like the equivalent of removing Swan Knights from Dol Amroth or Osgiliath Pikemen from Osgiliath. That doesn't make any sense and just seems arbitrary to me. It would also mean Gondor only has ax-throwing Lossarnach Axeguards as the only real unit that can counter the annoying cave trolls and Olog-hai.

It's a good thing I play Reunited Kingdom now, because I get much of the awesome unit features and skins of DAC without having to worry about this sort of silliness. MOS is also a classic, always worth playing.
    What Denethor said.
    If you feel the need to share uninformative, off-topic posts here in the DaC subforum then you better not comment at all.

Selerz's Avatar Civis

Khand has two staring generals with the same portrait!