Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: [SUB-MOD] Portrait Enhancement Pack **Ar-Adunaim RELEASE**

Default Re: [SUB-MOD] Portrait Enhancement Pack **Good Factions RELEASE (800+ new portraits)**

Amazing work. If I play the game in multiplayer, will it be conflict because of this submod? It shouldn't be, but I just want to make sure.

"There's something comforting about subjectivity. You can never be wrong."
    -Ben Shapiro (explaining to a progressive about why the media prefers lies over truth)

My submod for DaC 2.2:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-(FINISHED!!!)

El Monstero29's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: [SUB-MOD] Portrait Enhancement Pack **Good Factions RELEASE (800+ new portraits)**

Quote Originally Posted by Selerz View Post
    Khand has two staring generals with the same portrait!
    Naras hasn't gotten to the evil men factions yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shield View Post
    Amazing work. If I play the game in multiplayer, will it be conflict because of this submod? It shouldn't be, but I just want to make sure.
    Not at all.

Thank you.

"There's something comforting about subjectivity. You can never be wrong."
    -Ben Shapiro (explaining to a progressive about why the media prefers lies over truth)

My submod for DaC 2.2:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-(FINISHED!!!)

Hey there, any updates? Really like this mod.

My bad guys, I have been very busy lately, therefore I didn't get enough time to work on the submod. Here is a preview of some Ar-Adunaim portraits that I made some months ago, but forgot to post here on the thread. This is just a preview though, they won't be added to the submod yet.

Btw, they made me notice that some portraits in the current submod version have been missing their alpha channels and so they are not displayed correctly in-game, I will fix them and reupload the files in the next few days. That said, I will probably have some more free time in the upcoming weeks, so I am going to keep creating some more Ar-Adunaim portraits and even start working on the Vale of Anduin ones.

Generals

Diplomats

Spies
    It' just a sample. I have used the vanilla ones as you can see, and I have changed their hoods' colors, adjusted some shadows and replaced M2 backgorund with its costum one

Nice work! I like the "evil ranger" look on the 9th column.

Quote Originally Posted by Selerz View Post
    Khand has two staring generals with the same portrait!
    The issue you are talking about has nothing to do with this submod. I dind't even start working on khand or any other wicked men faction yet.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPistol View Post
    Nice work! I like the "evil ranger" look on the 9th column.
    I didn't actually know how to make them look though, since there are not that many informations about black numenorean physical appearance. So I have just focused on emphasizing their evil features xD

Glad you're back, but please remove the Thenn from Game of Thrones in column 1 row 2, it doesn't fit with the others. Other than that no complaints and good work.

Nice work !

Quote Originally Posted by Naras View Post
    I didn't actually know how to make them look though, since there are not that many informations about black numenorean physical appearance. So I have just focused on emphasizing their evil features xD
    Maybe put some more blond guys ? A vast majority of the Numenoreans were from the house of Hador (tall blond men) and that's the same for the black numenoreans (even if by miwing with men from middle-earth there must be lots of brown now).

Glad you are back, that is some fine work Naras.

I adore this submod. Made my playthrough with Breeland so much nicer. THANK YOU!

I have a question: Vale of Anduin, altough Northmen as main culture aren't affected by this mod at all. Is there a way to do it manually?

I cat change the installation path. I get no prompt for choosing destination, it only gives me an option to install and then begins installing. anyone have any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by twcenter100 View Post
    I have a question: Vale of Anduin, altough Northmen as main culture aren't affected by this mod at all. Is there a way to do it manually?
    Yes there is. Go into the folder where your mod is installed, then go into the data\ui folder and copy the portraits in the Northern European folder to the Mesoamerican folder. That should do it.

Played the Ar Adunaim recently and could not help but think... damn they need more portraits. This work looks fantastic. Waiting for the release!

How terrible it must be to face us; the sons of the wolf and the bear! Even now fear works in the bowels of our foes! I do not fight with a cool head today, I admit it. My eyes see only a red mist. I do not want them to run from battle, I want their heads on our pikes by evening! We go now to our bloody business!

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Congrats to Naras, all those portraits are awesome
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; March 13, 2019 at 06:30 AM.

Any news on the evil factions? When can we expect a release? Anything?

How terrible it must be to face us; the sons of the wolf and the bear! Even now fear works in the bowels of our foes! I do not fight with a cool head today, I admit it. My eyes see only a red mist. I do not want them to run from battle, I want their heads on our pikes by evening! We go now to our bloody business!

(automatically translated)
    I thank the author of this sub-mod for having released it.
    Is it compatible with DaC V3?

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

same question from me, is it compatible with DaC V3

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"