Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUB-MOD] Portrait Enhancement Pack **Ar-Adunaim RELEASE**

Default [SUB-MOD] Portrait Enhancement Pack **Ar-Adunaim RELEASE**

PORTRAIT ENHANCEMENT PACK

IntroductioN
    Hello everyone and welcome. This sub-mod significantly increase the quality and the number of portraits in the game with the addition of unique theme portraits that were previously missing for some factions. I want to note that some of these portraits have been already added to the latest DaC versions and either way this is just a partial release, the sub-mod is still incomplete since all the evil factions are still missing. More than 800 new portraits have been made so far and many more to come.

CreditS
    Netheriel
    Araval
    Louis Lux

PrevieW
    DWARVES (188 portraits)

*EREBOR**KHAZAD-DUM* *ERED-LUIN*
    Generals
    Costum Portraits
    Erebor: Dain, Gloin, GimliKhazad-dum: Balin, OinEred-luin: Gor, Grain, Nar
    Diplomats
    Captains/Admirals
    Erebor, Khazad-dum, Ered-luin
    Spies
    Samples(x99):
    ELVES (133 portraits)

*IMLADRIS* *LOTHLORIEN* *LINDON**WOODLAND REALM*
    Generals
    Costum Portraits
    Imladris: Elrond, DornornostonLothlorien: Celeborn, HaldirLindon: Gildor, GaldorWoodland Realm: Legolas
    Diplomats
    Captains/Admirals
    Lindon
    **Spies: removed bearded portraits and replacedM2TW background with the elven background theme
    NORTHERN DUNEDAIN (179 portraits)
    Generals
    Costum Portraits
    Aragorn, Halbarad, Araphor, Harvagil, Gandalf (grey/white)
    Diplomats
    Captains/Admirals
    **Spies: replaced M2TW background with the ND background theme
    NORTHMEN (114 portraits)

*ROHAN**DALE* *VALE OF DORWINION*
    Generals
    Costum Portraits
    Rohan: Theoden, Theodred, Eomer, Gamling, Hama, Elfhelm, ErkenbrandDale: Bain, Brand, Halward, BiarnDorwinion: Hawin, Swain, Forthwin, Athalhere, Nurwe
    Diplomats
    Captains/Admirals
    Rohan, Dale, Dorwinion
    **Spies: replaced M2TW background with the Northmen background theme
    GONDOR (117 portraits)

*GONDOR* *DOL AMROTH*
    Generals
    Costum Portraits
    Gondor: Boromir, Faramir, Hurin, Dinenion, Iorthon, Golasgil, Calemir,Turlin, Angbor, Bordir, Dervorin, Hirluin, Duinhir, OrodrethDol Amroth: Imrahil, Amandir, Istion, Mistven, Baragund
    Diplomats
    Captains/Admirals
    Dol Amroth
    **Spies: replaced M2TW background with the Gondor background theme
    BREE-LAND (108 portraits)
    Generals
    Costum Portraits
    Barliman Butterbur, Andy, Brathor, Bilbo, Alf, Wil, Paladin, Reginard (script), Aldaron (script),Radagast (diplomat)
    Diplomats
    Captains/Admirals
    **Spies: replaced M2TW background with the Bree background theme
    AR-ADUNAIM (174 portraits)
    Generals
    Costum Portraits
    Gimilkhad, Gimilzor
    Diplomats
    **Spies: replaced M2TW background with the Ar-Adunaim background theme
    WICKED MEN

RHUN* *HARADRIM* *KHAND*
    Costum Portraits
    Khand: Pallando (script), Alastar (script)
    ORCS

*MORDOR* *ISENGARD* *ANGMAR* *ORCS OF THE MISTYMOUNTAINS*
    Costum Portraits
    Mordor: Ancantar (script)Isengard: Saruman

DownloaD &InstructionS

DOWNLOAD LINK

1) Click on the link above and download the sud-mod

2) Make a backup copy of the “ui” folder just in case

3) Run PEP_setup.exe and follow the installer instructions

4) That’s it.

==============================================================================================================

Other Stuff
    Graphic Enhancement (GEM Preset)

Preview:

https://imgur.com/a/sRhMY80

Instructions:

STEP 1
    Download GEMFX v1.0.9 here:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Version-1-0-9

STEP 2
    Set the installer download location to your Medieval 2 TotalWar main folder
    i.e. ( C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)

STEP 3
    Download my preset here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/h1xj6maond1i3p9/GEMFX_settings.cfg/file

STEP 4
    copy “GEMFX_settings” into this file path: C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\GEMFX\Presets\current
    (accept when asked to overwrite file)

NOTE: It may affects frame rate, especially on old orlow-end PCs. So, itÂ’s definetely not recommended if you already have problemsrunning Med2 on high graphic settings.

(to remove the effect just delete the “d3d9.dll” file from your Medieval 2 Total War main folder)

==============================================================================================================

Original Post:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Hello everyone. I have been playing TATW for so many years now and currently enjoying DaC very much. I started creating some new portraits for my own a while back since I have grown tired of the old ones, especially for some factions like the Dwarves and Northmen who were lacking in this regard. It was supposed to be just a bunch of portraits at the beginning, but I got carried away with that and ended up with quite a good amount of them.So I thought that it would have been a nice idea to share them with the community. It's not that much of a "game changer" but I think it could give the game a fresh vibe, especially to people such as me who have been playing for quite some time. I would like to state that the new portraits won’t replace the old ones, just overwrite the duplicates.There are seven different types of cultures and I am planning to cover all of them. But it's going to take some time because the work is relatively easy but boring and take away a lot of time, especially getting all the research material.I made more than 60 new Dwarven portraits and I am currently working on the Elven and the Northsmen ones.

Dwarven Generals

Dwarven Spies (currently they share the same portraits with the generals and I think it is a bit annoying to end up having a general and a spy with the same look during a campaign). I made 25 new portraits out of the same picture, mixing beard/hood colors. Here some examples:

Dwarven Diplomats

Download link will be provided when I get all the job done.
    Last edited by Naras; April 15, 2020 at 12:27 PM.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUB-MOD Preview] Portrait Enhancement Pack

Nice work, very consistent and well done. Do you have all the portrait backgrounds?

Look amazing! I am sadly horrible at editing photos and such or id offer to help

Celtic Magister's Avatar Miles

This is great and something I would have considered doing for my UI and Text submod some day, but I'm glad to see someone with more free-time actually doing it!

If you'd like some assistance and more hands to cover more portraits, let me know any time.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

good work +rep
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Great job! +rep

GRAND ARCHITECT OF THE DWARVEN EMPIRE

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Great work! Many new dwarven portraits that I've made will be released with DCI: Last Alliance and only a couple are of the same guy.

Man, these are amazing! Thank you! +rep

Impressive mod and sorely needed one I am looking forward to Northman portraits and makes sure to add some Dunadain ones as they use the Northman portraits
    Supreme Commander of the Galactic Federation, Emperor of the Virtupets Empire, Star King
    Certified Genius
    M L I G: Mandy Luxe is the Greatest
    Erasiel Darkar is OP! Never will be nerfed! He is Winx

Great job! +rep

Quote Originally Posted by jedi7000nathan View Post
    Impressive mod and sorely needed one I am looking forward to Northman portraits and makes sure to add some Dunadain ones as they use the Northman portraits
    As far as I can gather Rohan and Dunedain share the samefiles, but they are in two different folders:
    -northern_european folder: Rohan, Dale, Vale of Dorwinionand Bree-land
    -mesoamerican folder: Northern Dunedain, Vale of Anduin, Enedwaithand Dunland
    Somebody corrects me if I am mistaken.
    My plan was to completely overwrite the Northern Dunedainfolder and create a new one from scratch because I really don’t like the waythey look. It will be a mix of Gondor and Rohan portraits (both from the currentversion and my sub-mod) with the addition of some other unique ones. They probablywon’t look too dunedain-like because the presence of the Enedwaith peopleant the other factions must be taken into consideration but they will be definetily distinguishable from your typical northman.

Celtic Magister's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by jedi7000nathan View Post
    Unfortunately, you couldn't just give the Northern Dunedain the proper portraits since they were given the Wildmen culture. I honestly don't see why their culture couldn't simply be changed to "gondor", for the sake of portraits and UI. Even if some portraits are in Gondorian soldier helmets, it'd still be more fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    Nice work, very consistent and well done. Do you have all the portrait backgrounds?
    I have them but they are not the originals. I made them putting together pieces from many different portraits. They are far from perfect so if someone can provide me with the original ones it would help me.

Patrician

As TATW's portrait maker I sure can.
    here you go:
    Backgrounds.zip

Simply amazing!! stunning job on those portraits!!
    Looking forward to those elven ones......I wonder if Mirkwood generals will also make the cut
    Best regards!!

Decanus

You should consider using faces from Viking reenactors when making dale! It gives the portraits a more rounded and real feel, instead of just characters from movies.

Reaper_of_Souls's Avatar Foederatus
    Imperial City, Minas Tirith, Casterly Rock

Simply amazing and fantastic! Makes the portraits' more immersed and diversified!
    What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
    - Paarthurnax

Blood of half-Lannister and half-Stark through Lord Tyrion and Lady Sansa. Hear Me Howl!

Some more dwarves

Many thanks to Araval who provided me with some of the research material

Patrician

Amazing job.
    The wicked men culture (Rhun+Harad) was one that I didn't manage to create that many portraits. I'm curious to see what you come up with if you get to them.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast