Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: El Monstero's Definitive Guide to Modding Med 2's Music

Default Re: El Monstero's Definitive Guide to Modding Med 2's Music

I too have read through this and just about every thread I can find regarding sound file (music & voice), and I (believe I) have done everything as explained. However, my music & voice files continue to end up at just 1K each (all four of them). The events and SFX files get rebuilt okay, but the music and voice files do not.

So, let me explain what I am trying to do and hopefully someone can walk me through the steps necessary to achieve my goal:

I am trying to merge Ireland (from the british_isles mod) into the Kingdoms Grand Campaign. In this mod: Ireland is the only playable faction; they are still catholic (as far as religion is concerned); but they are celtic rather than northern-euorpean (culture wise); and their accent is Irish, not Scottish (not that the files are actually any different, yet; but hopefully they will be eventually).

For their Culture, I've adjusted the following files:

mods/KGC_Ireland_C/data/descr_cultures.txt
    mods/KGC_Ireland_C/data/descr_sounds.txt
    mods/KGC_Ireland_C/data/descr_sounds_music.txt
    mods/KGC_Ireland_C/data/descr_sounds_stratmap.txt
    mods/KGC_Ireland_C/data/descr_sounds_units_ambient.txt
    mods/KGC_Ireland_C/data/descr_sounds_units_anims.txt
    mods/KGC_Ireland_C/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt
    mods/KGC_Ireland_C/data/export_descr_buildings.txt
    mods/KGC_Ireland_C/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt

mods/KGC_Ireland_C/data/world/maps/base/descr_sounds_music_types.txt
    mods/KGC_Ireland_C/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt

For the Faction I've adjusted these files:

mods/KGC_Ireland_C/data/descr_banners_new.xml
    mods/KGC_Ireland_C/data/descr_character.txt
    mods/KGC_Ireland_C/data/descr_ibc_db.txt
    mods/KGC_Ireland_C/data/descr_model_strat.txt
    mods/KGC_Ireland_C/data/descr_names.txt
    mods/KGC_Ireland_C/data/descr_sm_factions.txt
    mods/KGC_Ireland_C/data/descr_sounds_accents.txt
    mods/KGC_Ireland_C/data/descr_sounds_db.xml
    mods/KGC_Ireland_C/data/descr_sounds_units_confirm.txt (based on accent)
    mods/KGC_Ireland_C/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt
    mods/KGC_Ireland_C/data/export_descr_buildings.txt
    mods/KGC_Ireland_C/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt
    mods/KGC_Ireland_C/data/export_descr_sounds_advice.txt
    mods/KGC_Ireland_C/data/export_descr_sounds_prebattle.txt (based on accent)
    mods/KGC_Ireland_C/data/export_descr_sounds_soldier_voice.txt (based on accent)
    mods/KGC_Ireland_C/data/export_descr_sounds_stratmap_voice.txt (based on accent)
    mods/KGC_Ireland_C/data/export_descr_sounds_units_battle_events.txt (based on accent)
    mods/KGC_Ireland_C/data/export_descr_sounds_units_voice.txt (based on accent)
    mods/KGC_Ireland_C/data/export_descr_unit.txt

mods/KGC_Ireland_C/data/world/maps/base/descr_sounds_music_types.txt
    mods/KGC_Ireland_C/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt

I extracted all the sounds from the vanilla folder and the british_isles mod and placed them all in my mod's sound directory. Odds are, since Ireland is the only playable faction (as it is the sole purpose of the mod), there may be a lot of music files that I don't really need.

Anyway, for whatever reason, the music files and voice files are Not being properly rebuilt. Any suggestions?

Post Script: I guess I should add that I do appear to have proper voices, sound effects, and music - for the most part. And, in truth, the only real issue seemed to occur when a group of my units successfully attacked a settlement and there were no sounds associated with that event. The group was not led by a named character. But that's probably an issue for a different thread. My concern here is that the music files do not appear to get rebuilt.

Last edited by Knightforger; February 07, 2020 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Post Script added

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: El Monstero's Definitive Guide to Modding Med 2's Music

The music files get rebuild according to their entries in the sound txt files, I guess that's where your issue will be - check my 'dev kit' in this forum to get an idea how this works.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12