Thread: [Bugs and Defects] ACW 2.0 Feedback on Bugs and Defects

Default [Bugs and Defects] ACW 2.0 Feedback on Bugs and Defects

Please use this thread for Version 2.0 feedback on bugs and defects or other mod related content issues. This if for ONLY those items that are obviously missing, not behaving as expected or impacting play/performance. This is NOT for issues of personal opinion, question, banter, etc.

- Identify specifically what the issue is, such as:
    - Uniforms
    - Names of units
    - Icons
    - Graphics
    - Sound, etc.

Please be as accurate in your description as possible. Screenshots attached to your post will greatly help investigation and correction of issues.

Example:
    Mod Component (custom battles/historical scenarios)
    Issue: Icons/Uniforms/Names or Text etc.
    #n: describe the issues;
    #n: next issue if any, continue numbering etc.
    Last edited by Slyk; January 27, 2018 at 09:46 AM.
    ACW 2.6 - American Civil War Released:

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ar-June-2-2019

Default Re: [Bugs and Defects] ACW 2.0 Feedback on Bugs and Defects

Historical Scenario: Malvern Hill
    Issue: Unit Icons
    #1: General Lee's Icon is missing. Found the issue, will be corrected in next update
    #2: General Magruder's Icon is missing. Found the issue, will be corrected in the next update

Historical Scenario: Fredericksburg
    Issue: Uniforms
    #3: CSA Genearl Early. I mis-named both Brigadier General Early and Taliaferro in the Uniforms table so both are in default Empire British red; their guard are in default Union blue. This is an easy edit in the uniform table and will be corrected for the next update.

Historical Scenario: McPherson's Ridge
    Issue: Icons
    #4: Union leader icons not showing up in the scoreboard; need to investigate, could be default issue or vanilla bug.
    Last edited by Slyk; January 28, 2018 at 03:46 PM. Reason: added bugs #3 and#4 1-28-2018

Edit
    Last edited by Marmaduke; February 02, 2018 at 06:06 PM.

Slyk,
    Thank you for your hard work and respect your commitment to historical research. John Tiller is an excellent source. Another very good source (in fact where John got alot of his info) is the board games GBACW https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/GBACW_Series

I have noticed a couple of things. The first is the AI assults with artillery and leaders - kinda easy to beat it with these tactics. The other is Rhodes Division morale - I think it is a typo but the are all Rambos of the Civil War at this point.
    Thank you again and you must have the discipline of a sumurai

For example: here is the unit counters for Pea Ridge. It contains each units strength and morale. It has all of the leadership as well with ability ratings.

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/1763...862?size=large

I realize you are done but this could be used for tweaking

Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke View Post
    For example: here is the unit counters for Pea Ridge. It contains each units strength and morale. It has all of the leadership as well with ability ratings.

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/1763...862?size=large

I realize you are done but this could be used for tweaking
    Thanks!! VERY helpful because............ v2.x will have Wilson's Creek and Pea Ridge scenarios provided the OOB info is available and now....... it is!!! THANK YOU. I need to put up a 'Research/Assistance' thread. I did reply to you over on Steam as well.

Rate of fire per man. Seems low.
    It seems to take to long to reload.
    I watched one man shoot and reload.
    He used the ramrod 29 times to set his load.
    Normally this is done 1 or 2 times.
    This would seem to cut down on the rate of fire.
    A good man should shoot 2 to 3 times a minute.

Thanks,
    C.Pierce

Pierce, that is not a bug nor defect. Each unit has a stat for "reload skill". The lower the number, the longer the reload time. The higher, the faster. Watch the dismounted Cavalry or 13th PA Bucktails reload their repeating rifles. The animation is repeated for the duration of the cool-down based on the reload skill. It's a game mechanic, period. And every shot after the first will become more and more difficult to ram home/seat the bullet. A rifled barrel in a black powder weapon becomes filthy fast and men usually had to clean their guns during a fight because it became too difficult to seat a round. My rifle will allow about four shots before it's ridiculously hard to load but you know immediately after two that it's fouling fast.

There is a possible bug with the artillery. In all maps that I have played (6 so far) in single player mode I find that one of my artillery pieces will be unmanned and therefore useless.
    If it is a two gun battery only one will be manned and fire, in a four gun battery 3 will be manned and fire. This seems to be the case regardless of the side chosen, North/South or the number of CPU units are involved.

Quote Originally Posted by SavageGerbil View Post
    There is a possible bug with the artillery. In all maps that I have played (6 so far) in single player mode I find that one of my artillery pieces will be unmanned and therefore useless.
    If it is a two gun battery only one will be manned and fire, in a four gun battery 3 will be manned and fire. This seems to be the case regardless of the side chosen, North/South or the number of CPU units are involved.
    Not a bug. You have unit sizes set to less than ultra. For custom battles you need to change the setting in the setup. For scenarios it is scripted.

Default [Bugs and Defects] ACW 2.0 Feedback on Bugs and Defects

Quote Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
    Not a bug. You have unit sizes set to less than ultra. For custom battles you need to change the setting in the setup. For scenarios it is scripted.
    Thank you very much! I will do that.

Used the "Ultra" setting for unit size (in the main option menu) and it works a treat!! Now firing on all guns and kicking some serious derriere.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; February 06, 2018 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged.

Biarchus

Slyk,

Just wanted to let you know I've attempted to play 5 different scenario's and cannot get a completion. We keep getting crashes. Is it possible to have individual data packs for each different scenario? Similar to NTW3 HB's. Where only 1 battle is loaded and not all of them at the same time.

Mod looks amazing. Units are gorgeous, and the maps are superb. The crashes are ruining the enjoyment for a numbers of players.

Quote Originally Posted by ztrain909 View Post
    Slyk,

Just wanted to let you know I've attempted to play 5 different scenario's and cannot get a completion. We keep getting crashes. Is it possible to have individual data packs for each different scenario? Similar to NTW3 HB's. Where only 1 battle is loaded and not all of them at the same time.

Mod looks amazing. Units are gorgeous, and the maps are superb. The crashes are ruining the enjoyment for a numbers of players.
    I guarantee this is the solution, NTW3 mod has historical battles and scenarios where there's 20,000 plus troops and I do not experience that crash rate, I do understand that random crashes do happen in any mod or game(ntw limitation) but I can play 4 out of 5 in that mod compared to 1 out of 5 in this one. Separate data.packs ex:acwperryville.pack have to be created and imo should be priority to enjoy this beautiful mod. After all why put the thousands of hours in it if people can't enjoy it as it is meant to be. Cosak or Desaix can greatly help with this anyways Thanks for listening to us Slyk, I'm always available as you know.
    Host of the Napoleon Total War AMERICAN CIVIL WAR 2.1 MOD Discord Server - https://discord.gg/6JWWBQq "TUNNELSSSS....ARE USELESS, so why bother anyway!" - Captain Henry Wirz

I will have to download the full package again and take a look. I can see the good and bad there but do not understand how it makes a difference, other than file size and ability to isolate one map from another as a pack file. I can see a nightmare of file management locally though. I know that NTW3 is far more complex and has a ton more variety so they do have a method to make it work. I will also admit I have little to no clue on a lot of the work they've done as far as installers and other work-arounds. I will look more at it and see what I can do.

Edit of my edit. Tired... sorry. Yes, will look deeper at scenarios tomorrow.

Thanks for the ideas.
    Last edited by Slyk; February 11, 2018 at 07:44 PM.

I have no map names showing up in custom battle or unit names. I am not sure what is the problem.

Niall, see your pm. Most likely you left out the .loc file, have another mod conflicting or your user script is incorrect. Check the user guide also.

Niall, see your pm. Most likely you left out the .loc file, have another mod conflicting or your user script is incorrect. Check the user guide also.
    Thanks it fixed it.