Thread: Installing Roma Surerctum with Steam Version

Default Installing Roma Surerctum with Steam Version

Can someone be more clear on how to properly instal this mod with steam version (I also have Alexander expansion)

Copy the contents of the Rome Total War Alexander folder to another folder, ie., C:\games\RSIII ... or something like that.
    Rename the 'Alexander' folder 'No_Alexander' or something similiar if you want to play Custom Battles.
    Then install RS2.5 and RSIII into this folder.
    Use the Launcher to play.
    In what folder to install RS? Into the No-Alexander one or into the RS III one? Do I also need the RSIII_Patch 3.1?

Foederatus

Default Re: Installing Roma Surerctum with Steam Version

You install the game in the usual steam folder. I found you should run it once (or all versions RTW, BI, Alexander) just to make sure the ini files are being created. Otherwise you can copy those files the from the resources pages here and insert them, but why when it is done automatically.

Then you copy the (in my case i chose the Alexander install (which includes RTW), for it has some improvements in comparison to the original RTW-only install, and i don't play BI).
    So i copied the steam install C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rome Total War Alexander to a new place, in my case C:\games\Rome Total War Alexander, of course with all sub folders etc.
    Then i applied the RS 2.5 mod to this new folder, then the RSIII mod, then the RSIII 3.1 'patch'.
    !Quart'Hadasht Total Hegemony!

thx !

How to launch the mod with steam then ?

Foederatus

You just look for the start file, in my example it would be here: C:\Games\Rome Total War Alexander\launcher\Roma Surrectum II.exe

(This is the only "error" i found, the launcher still reads "
    Roma Surrectum II.exe" although it then indeed starts RS III.)
    Of course as described, right-click on the launcher icon, go to compatibility, open "set properties for all users" at the bottom, in the upcoming window check "run in compatibility mode for Win7", and check r"un as administrator" at the bottom. Click on apply, and then ok, and once more ok.

After double-click on the "Roma Surrectum II.exe" you check which faction to play, below which game should start (in my case Rome TW-ALX.exe).
    I did not even check the Steam box, it runs without it (yes i have steam, but forgot to check and it just worked)

You can also check some details at the bottom like details etc., but the game should run without changing anything there.
    Whatever you do, probably do not change those settings once you are in a campaign and saved, and then change those properties in-between, because it may screw up the game. I am not sure, but i will not do it again ..

That should do it..
    !Quart'Hadasht Total Hegemony!

Just don't touch vegetation quality in launcher. But you can change vegetation in-game settings.