Thread: AVH CTD

The Great Khan of Rome's Avatar Civis

Icon4 AVH CTD

CTD.zip

My mod, whenever I launch it, gives me a black screen and CTDs. This means that there is an erroneous entry in the data\unit_models\battle_models.modeldb. Yet there is no report of it in syntax report. I haven't even edited yet. Can anyone find a problem in this?

Default Re: AVH CTD

A CTD at launch can be a lot of things. Your log has no error except the no informative last line. All can be said from your archive is that the crash isn't modeldb relative.

From the top of my head, crashes at launch I encountered were from traits, ancillaries, mapping, missing or incorrect bracket text in txt files, and, others don't come to mind but there are more.
    I hope you remember what you did or backed up? Else tracking this kind of thing might take a while, or worst.

The Great Khan of Rome's Avatar Civis

Default Re: AVH CTD

I have just run a vanilla version of my mod, with the only difference being that its in a different folder; americasAVH. And it runs perfectly! This is without a .cfg file or a .bat file. I also had a formatted modeldb file. Maybe that's the problem?

Update:
    Now I have just added a .cfg file and a .bat file to my mod. And it runs just fine. The .cfg and .bat where copied from EBII. Maybe it's the formatted modeldb file that's causing the crash?

Update 2:
    Ok I now I know that the formatted modeldb file is causing the crash. It did not crash until I put in the unit_models folder. Now its giving me the black screen and CTDing. I'm gonna post this to formatted modeldb thread.
    Last edited by The Great Khan of Rome; January 27, 2018 at 09:23 AM.