Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: AD: Bugs Thread

Default Re: AD 0.92 - Bugs, suggestions and discussion thread

I think Tiflis should be move a bit. I understand that your intention wasw to give it more strategical importance. But there should be left the most narrpasscome through this castle without being stopped in the "red" zone of the settlement and you will need a few turn if you are going to pass peacefully. So the holder of Tiflis will be able to attack and even build some forces in the castle.
    The way it is now I think AI is unable to pass Tiflis even it belongs to thsi nation. Player can move forces in the castle and then quit it on the other side. AI as I think can't do that. So this will stop Mongols and other nations to envade each other. Also now even if you have military access you still won't be able to pass it.

And I agree that growth rates should be reduced. In 1140 I have 45000 in Novgorod even though I'm doing all my best to reduce it's growth to prevent rebellions. The way it was 0.91 without updeited descr_mechanics was much better. I think growth rate shouldn't dewpend that much on taxes, maximum 0.5-1% between highest and very low.

PS. Sorry for my poor English. I hope you can understand what I mean.

If growth rates are so high they'll be reduced. That's the good of playtesting

How much is being added to the growth rate in Novgorod due to the influence of its governor?

Lyons blocks the path south, even for a diplomat.

Quote Originally Posted by Treesmasha View Post
    Lyons blocks the path south, even for a diplomat.
    I know but it's the better we can do to give that city the strategical importance it had (and if you ever been to Lyon you can appreciate it with the city being just between the river and a huge rocky mountain).

Well it's 1096 now as Venice, and things are going well, couple of crashes when loading save games or on start up, but my computer tends to do that anyway so I doubt it's the mod.

So far things are going well, just completed the crusade as Venice, really enjoying the little historical popups and the stronger rebels.

So far though the other factions haven't really expanded much, but the game has seemed pretty balanced so far, no major quibbles but here's a few suggestions and minor niggles:

Crusades, the pope joined the crusade he started, but none of the other factions joined in, hopefully you can fix it up so more christians set off for the holy land, especially the sicillians and the french.

after the crusades: Upon completion of the crusade the pope immediately signed a peace accord with the turks and began the long walk home, possibly ensuring factions didn't immediately sue for peace could create a more realistic crusade aftermath, where the unsuccessful factions conquered their own kingdoms. The turks would probably need beefing up first though...

Merchants: Currently they seem overpowered, but maybe this is just for venice, currently my 5 merchants are pulling in around 10000 a turn, even when I don't go a hunting merchants from other factions, which seems a lot.

Lesser Factions: Possibly a name change to Lesser Faction would be better, as it seems weird fighting a battle with lesser factions (plural) as opposed to a lesser faction (singular), cities belonging to lesser factions also seems weird. The stronger rebels really work, and its nice to see them getting stronger as time passes, the province specific generals which show up are also cool, though in my games they only seemed to show up on the 3rd turn.

Milan and the pope: had a strange business in a couple of my games where the lombard league declared war on the pope, fairly early on, even though there territories and armies seemed to be nowhere near each other, then they signed a ceasefire soon after, I don't think this is supposed to happen, but I'm not an expert on the history of the period, perhaps you can have a look at it.

Moors and Portugal: They signed a alliance early on... seems unhistorical to me, but definitely off with the whole discouraging of alliances with other religions going on.

On similar lines the pope and byzantines signed an alliance, but that would seem to be historical, but its bringing his reputation right down.

Suggested feature, I'm not sure if this is included, but perhaps you could include a reputation hit for attacking/being at war with factions with high global relations to discourage players from attacking them, and a reputation increase for attacking/being at war with factions with low global relations to encourage the player to act similarly to the AI.

anyway that's gone on longer than I thought it would, really enjoying it so far, and can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Quote Originally Posted by Imp_Historian View Post
    Crusades, the pope joined the crusade he started, but none of the other factions joined in, hopefully you can fix it up so more christians set off for the holy land, especially the sicillians and the french.

after the crusades: Upon completion of the crusade the pope immediately signed a peace accord with the turks and began the long walk home, possibly ensuring factions didn't immediately sue for peace could create a more realistic crusade aftermath, where the unsuccessful factions conquered their own kingdoms. The turks would probably need beefing up first though...
    Problem is that none of the other faction had an appreciable global reputation so they could enter a war. I could do like in CK and not giving a global reputation hit if a catholic faction goes to war against an islamic faction, but we fear that doing it the result will be the islamic factions be wiped off the map in 30 turns. The CK method was to beef up the islamic factions (they aren't playable) and anyway its diplomatic AI is light years more advanced than the one of MTW2.

Moors and Portugal: They signed a alliance early on... seems unhistorical to me, but definitely off with the whole discouraging of alliances with other religions going on.

On similar lines the pope and byzantines signed an alliance, but that would seem to be historical, but its bringing his reputation right down.
    Talking with the knowledge we posses actually (there are some undocumented stuff that CA didn't even use plus some files really need more exploring) is practically impossible to stop those behaviours.

These alliances comes from missions, so they are "forced" upon the faction AI which usually cannot refuse to accomplish them just like the player could.

Merchants: Currently they seem overpowered, but maybe this is just for venice, currently my 5 merchants are pulling in around 10000 a turn, even when I don't go a hunting merchants from other factions, which seems a lot.
    Venice starts with 5 already well experienced merchants, other factions don't. Plus Venice can recruit merchants off city walls so they can recruit more of them. But if you don't play the commercial game carefully you would lose the race anyway.

Lesser Factions: Possibly a name change to Lesser Faction would be better, as it seems weird fighting a battle with lesser factions (plural) as opposed to a lesser faction (singular), cities belonging to lesser factions also seems weird. The stronger rebels really work, and its nice to see them getting stronger as time passes, the province specific generals which show up are also cool, though in my games they only seemed to show up on the 3rd turn.
    There's a technical reason to bring them into later and also some randomization (they could pop up even later than 3rd turn, from 2nd on there's a percentuale probabilty).

Milan and the pope: had a strange business in a couple of my games where the lombard league declared war on the pope, fairly early on, even though there territories and armies seemed to be nowhere near each other, then they signed a ceasefire soon after, I don't think this is supposed to happen, but I'm not an expert on the history of the period, perhaps you can have a look at it.
    It's a strange AI behaviour that seems to be disappeared once I changed the victory conditions. I fear this is another idiotic "conquer settlement" mission. I am pretty inclined to kill those missions as they are against the mood of the mod anyway. The problem that could arise is seeing then the AI become completely passive, have to experiment on it.

Suggested feature, I'm not sure if this is included, but perhaps you could include a reputation hit for attacking/being at war with factions with high global relations to discourage players from attacking them, and a reputation increase for attacking/being at war with factions with low global relations to encourage the player to act similarly to the AI.
    Exploitable as hell . From AI too.
    Last edited by Re Berengario I; January 15, 2007 at 05:40 PM.

Haven't had much time to play as I'm getting settled back at uni, but it's 1101 as the Scots and it's all good so far.

i played as milan till the year 1120, populations defanlty rize too fast at the moment.

at forst i though merchants were over powerfull, was getting 10k a turn from them, but then they all died with in the same 5 year time period and i went from making 10k a turn to 100 a turn. i view it as a golden age for your society.

may want to tweak some of the agressiveness of the ai. venice had 3 million dollars and only 1 city. germany declaired war on them, but i wanted to city so i marched a half stack on the vinence. they tried to retaliate with a full stack attacking me from the bridge but a strange glitch happed and thier full stack pushed me into the city forcing me to automaticly counquer it destroying thier civilization. kinda neat to take over vinece with out a single death. i kinda miss having the pc atack me every now and then, i suspose as the years go on and rebel citys disapear they will start to get into border clashes though.

I had an interesting clash in the final battles of .92a before I got the second...I marched a crusading army at Acre, and just auto-resolved it, of course I lost as I had only one stack vs their stacks plus city...but my defeated army could not go anywhere and everyone died :o Bye King and Factoin heir, lol

I know it's a thing with the nilla version but I thought it was funny

In .92a you could sail to Arguin very early on, maybe even from the start. In .92b you cannot. This may lead to some issues with al-Murabitun as an initial owner of Arguin and Timbuktu but having limit access to the regions and so forth.

.92b also seems to have more wars starting from blockade the port missions than did .92a.

It is hard for me to prove concretely, but it doesn't seem as if the AI players get the same penalty for crossing another factions land as the player does. They also seem to do it quite often, in other words, they could care less about the faction hit.

Just watched an AI fleet cross over the isthmus at Corinthia, Greece.
    Last edited by Treesmasha; January 16, 2007 at 01:04 PM.

Caucasus Mountains: west pass blocked, east pass seems to be blocked, only middle pass working.

Caucasus Mountains: west pass blocked, east pass seems to be blocked, only middle pass working.
    WAD. Looking at Corinth Street now though.

Sorry, does WAD mean working as designed? If so, the Kipchak invasion is stalled as it clusters at the western pass unable to advance.

It is now 1129 and I just received the message that HRE is near to winning. The thing is, they are near to winning and have never been involved in a war. In fact, there have been only 2 wars and 1 jihad and 1 crusade in the entire game up to this point.

Sorry, does WAD mean working as designed? If so, the Kipchak invasion is stalled as it clusters at the western pass unable to advance.
    Invasion where? They need to conquer Tiflis to pass. And the scripted invasion of Tiflis is from Georgians not Kipchaks.

All of the ones I can check are Kipchak.

http://www.pactusaquilus.com/images/0000.tga

Sorry, this is the .tga file, so a little large.

All of the ones I can check are Kipchak.

http://www.pactusaquilus.com/images/0000.tga

Sorry, this is the .tga file, so a little large.
    It's exactly how I wanted that pass to work.

"Rebels" are garrisoning their borders, if you wanna pass you have to destroy them.

Actually I am pretty happy of how the smart AI was garrisoning such a strategic point

Still, it might be worth deleting the non-usable ford in the west pass.

the ai does seam a lot smarter, ive seen england and france playing who has the bigger army by placing all thier stacks on the same boarder line they share

I have seen an assassin gain trait increases when he misses, but the trait message reads that he succeeded.

Also, I have seen messages that the assassin has gained a skill when successful, but no actual stat increase took place.