Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: AD: Bugs Thread

Default Re: AD: Bugs, suggestions and discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by G Rider View Post
    If you're referring to my saved games sent one was a quicksave the other an autosave. The quick save was 4 or 5 minutes after the AI completed its turn. ie 4 or 5 minutes time stamp from the autosave which makes the quicksave in the middle of my turn. Just wonder if a script was still running and I hit ctrl s which was 4 or 5 minutes after the AI's turn ended which would indicate a script that was supposed to end before the autosave but never ended possibly?
    Quicksave crash log last lines:
    Code:
    close,,data/banners/symbols8.tga.dds,,,-16512
    01:47:06.140 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 31508 in data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    01:47:06.140 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <engage_armies> at line 31508 in data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    Autosave crash log last lines:
    Code:
    01:49:41.250 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/banners/symbols8.tga.dds,,,-16512
    01:49:42.312 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 31508 in data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    01:49:42.312 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <engage_armies> at line 31508 in data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    Perfectly identical, and perfectly wrong. Those "engage armies" should happen during the Byzs turn and preceded by the spawning of an army (which isn't recorded in the log) so it's like the script started in the middle... :hmmm:

Ok let's make a try if you wanna help me. I'm changing the script and see what happen, if you can be so kind to start a new campaign with it...

Download the file and put in \data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign
    overwriting the old one.
    Last edited by Re Berengario I; February 16, 2007 at 07:31 PM.

I'll give it a try... because all my save games wont open now

I'll let you know how it works in a new campaign... DANES IT IS!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    I'll give it a try... because all my save games wont open now

I'll let you know how it works in a new campaign... DANES IT IS!

Thanks!
    Download it again as I made some modifications again just to be sure.

G Rider's Avatar Tiro

Okie dokie
    I'm not interested in winning an argument with a moron on the Internet. - G Rider

something strange happened - I just cannot "end turn" because all options are "disabled" - when I try to click "end turn" just nothing happen - all the rest is also disabled - I cannot check my treasury or other options

it looks in this way - I can click my mouse on the map - but everything what is in menu - doesn't work - it looks like disabled options

I hope that you understood what I'm talking about - it is similiar to this situation in the castle - when we cannot change taxes (they are set to normal) - in this situation I cannot "click" my mouse on menu options

Quote Originally Posted by marcius2000 View Post
    something strange happened - I just cannot "end turn" because all options are "disabled" - when I try to click "end turn" just nothing happen - all the rest is also disabled - I cannot check my treasury or other options

it looks in this way - I can click my mouse on the map - but everything what is in menu - doesn't work - it looks like disabled options

I hope that you understood what I'm talking about - it is similiar to this situation in the castle - when we cannot change taxes (they are set to normal) - in this situation I cannot "click" my mouse on menu options
    You should have the advisor asking you to confirm or not a faction event.

Everything seems to be working just fine with the new script (I started before I saw your reply, so it is the original script edit)- Autosaves and manual saves load right up and I have not had one CTD... PLUS It seems to be MUCH faster. Before, it took about 7 to 10 minutes between turns. Now only about 3!

One question- Should I replace the new campagin_script edit now or wait untill I start yet another campagin?

Thanks so much. I am having a blast!

Minor error. The event Bogumil heresy spells Bogumil this way but in the descriptive text it spells it Bogomil.

Quote Originally Posted by Treesmasha View Post
    Minor error. The event Bogumil heresy spells Bogumil this way but in the descriptive text it spells it Bogomil.
    Fixed

♔ST0MPA♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

Ahhh grabbing that script now.

Still cant reload a campaing game.
    Last edited by ♔ST0MPA♔; April 10, 2010 at 11:32 AM.
    "Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I shall fear no evil... for I'm the meanest sonofa in the valley."

Quote Originally Posted by ST0MPA View Post
    Ahhh grabbing that script now.

Still cant reload a campaing game.
    First of all use:

[log]
    level = * trace

in your cfg file otherway the log has very little infos and it's pretty unuseful.

Second, you have to restart a campaign, old savegames still use the old script.

Default Re: AD: Bugs Thread

I splitted the thread.

For gameplay discussions use the other stickied one, this one will be just for bugs.

this is from a fresh reinstall fresh version of patched 1,1 played a few turns went to reload then crash. also had ammended campaign script
    "Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I shall fear no evil... for I'm the meanest sonofa in the valley."

this is from a fresh reinstall fresh version of patched 1,1 played a few turns went to reload then crash. also had ammended campaign script
    Same problem as the above scripts.

This confirms that MTW2 corrupts the savegame if you save during the execution of a script, grumpf...

Ok, I edited the campaign_script.txt so to disable saving while the AI is running "movement" scripts so to avoid the errors in savegame.
    This should fix definitively the problem (hopefully).

Here's the new file

Quote Originally Posted by Re Berengario I View Post
    Ok, I edited the campaign_script.txt so to disable saving while the AI is running "movement" scripts so to avoid the errors in savegame.
    This should fix definitively the problem (hopefully).

Here's the new file

Whith this new file on date 1083 my turn, im informed that hre has been destroyed, when i clicked on the icon that drops to inform me the hre cardinal has died the game freezes. sys log included

Whith this new file on date 1083 my turn, im informed that hre has been destroyed, when i clicked on the icon that drops to inform me the hre cardinal has died the game freezes. sys log included
    I saw you unpacked the MTW2 files. Did you unpacked AFTER mod installation?

Because this would overwrite pretty everything.

Thing that make me think about it is that in AD you shouldn't receive a message about HRE but about House Salis-Hohenstaufen.

I cannot load my games too...i had a good start.

I have one question which I've been posting since day one here on the forum. Is there anybody able to fix the battle? I really dislike those long stretched lines when the units are fighting and those huge gaps between individuals. Darth made some improvement in OS 19 but I'm not seeing it close to real battle. Is that possible anyway, maybe I'm asking too much. I am no moder nor programmer ,sorry for my ignorancy. Thanks and keep up the good work.

I saved my game and every time I open the game again it automatically shuts down and says that MTW2 has encountered an error, etc. etc. I've tried opening the auto-save, which was about 35 seconds because I saved my game and it says the same thing.

I've spent quite some time with France as this game, my economy is booming, I've taken Brittanny, Bruges, Pamplona and Zaragoza (For titles and Bruges for the money) and now I was settling down and had a good Global Rep. while preparing for a crusade in the name of Christianity...

But now thats all gone.