Thread: Mod has broken the MTW2 vanilla

Default Mod has broken the MTW2 vanilla

Hello, I have installed this Mod correctly following all instructions however whenever I try to open the MTW2 vanilla it says the game has encountered an "unspecified error" and closes immediately, also other mods do not have sound despite audio options having everything on maximum, only this mod, WOTN, and Kingdoms seem to have any sounds at all. Can anyone please help?

Default Re: Mod has broken the MTW2 vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by GavmerofEvropa View Post
    Hello, I have installed this Mod correctly following all instructions however whenever I try to open the MTW2 vanilla it says the game has encountered an "unspecified error" and closes immediately, also other mods do not have sound despite audio options having everything on maximum, only this mod, WOTN, and Kingdoms seem to have any sounds at all. Can anyone please help?
    Your best bet is to reinstall the base game (with the expansion) and then install TLK again following the instructions. TLK shouldn't interfere with the base game as it is mod-foldered.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Dominick View Post
    Your best bet is to reinstall the base game (with the expansion) and then install TLK again following the instructions. TLK shouldn't interfere with the base game as it is mod-foldered.
    There is no way he has installed the mod correctly..

- Unless he plays with UAC, if that's the case that may be the cause.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Yeah the mod has broken MTW Vanilla. Couldn't be a problem on your end, nah that would be impossible.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Macrath View Post
    Yeah the mod has broken MTW Vanilla. Couldn't be a problem on your end, nah that would be impossible.
    Exactly, some people wanna blame their own mistakes on mods and the modders..
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal