Thread: Is there any way to not have Makurian units say "yes, my Sultan"?

Default Is there any way to not have Makurian units say "yes, my Sultan"?

Loving this mod immensely, and my personal favorite faction is Makuria so far. But, considering that they're both African and Christian, is there any submods out there that change their voicelines so they aren't just using generic eastern ones that have them constantly calling me a Sultan? Lol

Default Re: Is there any way to not have Makurian units say "yes, my Sultan"?

And by "generic eastern ones" I mean generic eastern muslim voicelines.

I just checked and Makuria has a Mediterranean accent in the files as well as in-game. Check that your descr_sounds_accents file has the following entries:accent English
    factions

accent Scottish
    factions

accent French
    factions france

accent German
    factions

accent Mediterranean
    factions poland, england, byzantium, scotland, saxons, kievan_rus, mongols, aztecs, sicily, portugal

accent East_European
    factions

accent Arabic
    factions turks, moors, egypt, venice, russia, milan, spain, denmark, hungary, normans, yemen, hre, timurids, cumans, slave

accent Mongolian
    factions
    accent English
    factions

accent Scottish
    factions

accent French
    factions france

accent German
    factions

accent Mediterranean
    factions poland, england, byzantium, scotland, saxons, kievan_rus, mongols, aztecs, sicily, portugal

accent East_European
    factions

accent Arabic
    factions turks, moors, egypt, venice, russia, milan, spain, denmark, hungary, normans, yemen, hre, timurids, cumans, slave

accent Mongolian
    factions
    Last edited by Geoffrey of Villehardouin; January 24, 2018 at 03:25 PM.

Thanks, I'll try it out! I should probably also mention that I'm running version 2.4, not 2.4.2.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

For fun: in the WotN mod a Danish princess in 9th century claims: "Some say I'm a jewel of the Mediterranean"
    I think it's quite normal for many mods that the voices are not so perfect
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 30, 2018 at 02:08 PM.

Roger II's Avatar Civis

Some of the unit descriptions in BC 2.4.2 have a place holder picture. I would like to try to fix these but can't figure out how. Can any one explain how to add the proper picture to the descriptions, if its not to complicated?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey of Villehardouin View Post
    I just checked and Makuria has a Mediterranean accent in the files as well as in-game. Check that your descr_sounds_accents file has the following entries:accent English
    factions

accent Scottish
    factions

accent French
    factions france

accent German
    factions

accent Mediterranean

accent East_European
    factions

accent Arabic

accent Mongolian
    factions
    accent English
    factions

accent Scottish
    factions

accent French
    factions france

accent German
    factions

accent Mediterranean

accent East_European
    factions

accent Arabic

accent Mongolian
    factions

I know this is a months old response but I've done this and it doesn't change anything. How do I make sure Mediterranean voicelines are used for Makuria, exactly, since the "descr_sounds_accents" file all refers to vanilla factions? Is it specifically only the descr_sounds_accents file in the Broken Crescent 2.4 mod, or also in vanilla files?

Once you have changed the descr_sounds_accents file to the desired configuration, open the sounds folder remove the events.dat and events.idx files and back them up somewhere outside the sounds folder, restart the game and those two sound files should regenerate with the appropriate faction accents.