Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rome Tool

Default Rome Tool

Hi,
    I want to let the community discover Rome Tool,
    French Total Warriors may know it from a very long Time.
    I think it's time you try it,
    It integrates some Vercingatorix scripts allowing unpacking files.
    That Tool will permit modifiyng many parmeters of the compain,
    factions and units without opening txt files and causing some damages.

This tool is actualy available in English Version
    @ TW Center
    The Punic version will come very soon,with Punic Total War release.

Update : Version 1.53 Revisited (Safe from infection)
    Last edited by HemilcoBarca; November 27, 2007 at 02:22 PM. Reason: update

In parte operis mei licet mihi praefari, bellum maxime omnium memorabile quae unquam gesta sint me scripturum, quod Hannibale duce Carthaginienses cum populo Romano gessere. Nam neque ualidiores opibus ullae inter se ciuitates gentesque contulerunt arma neque his ipsis tantum unquam uirium aut roboris fuit.

KALI's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Rome Tool

Nice tool,
    thanks for bringing this to my attention
    I came, I saw, I went away again.

This would be a magnificent and handy tool, but my AVG gave me a virus warning for the xdix file contained in that pack...

As well, I seem to be unable to make the mod path work, I use the vanilla files just fine, but when I try to redirect the tool to a mod folder, it gives me an error message, and in horrible english, too. You really should have the spelling checked.
    Life is a sequence of missed opportunities

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

My Virus software gave me the same warning when I installed this program and as a consequence I've had to purge my system. This morning I sent a notification about this problem to those upstairs and suggesting that this be taken off the downloads until it could be looked into, but have not yet received a reply.

imb39's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Patrician Citizen Administrator Emeritus

HemlcarBarca has checked the file and has informed us that there is not infection. I have run it through a virus checker too and found no virus attached. Given this, I'll move it back to the general forums.

As ever, no matter what you download, you should always be prudent and check for viruses.

Thank you for you understanding and I extend particular thanks to HemilcarBarca for his cooperation.

El Cid

Be sure there is no virus (xidx is vercingetorix unpacking tool), and sorry for my english.
    If there is volounters to perform english translation, i can sent source code.

Also as you see, this is my first english version and it's a beta, there is no bugs
    (but maybe there is some french messages) i promess this will be resolved
    for the punic version.
    Last edited by HemilcoBarca; January 13, 2007 at 09:08 AM.

In parte operis mei licet mihi praefari, bellum maxime omnium memorabile quae unquam gesta sint me scripturum, quod Hannibale duce Carthaginienses cum populo Romano gessere. Nam neque ualidiores opibus ullae inter se ciuitates gentesque contulerunt arma neque his ipsis tantum unquam uirium aut roboris fuit.

I didnīt mean to bash your efforts, HemilcoBarca, I just wanted to post the warning I have got. Maybe the file got infected somewhere on the way, I donīt know. I rather warn one time too often than accidently spread a virus.

However, I still donīt know how to go about the mod folder. I do assume that with "mod" youīre refering to a modification using the modswitch feature, correct? Anyways, hereīs the error message I get when I redirect the second selection box to a mod folder (chivalry TW in this case):

Any help would be greatly appreciated, since this is a very handy tool when I get it to work properly.
    Life is a sequence of missed opportunities

If you use the -mod:chivalry TW command line switch, Copy 'RomeTW.exe'
    into 'chivalry TW' folder, then Start Rome Tool, Select the file 'RomeTW.exe'
    in 'C:\Programme\Games\Rome - Total War 1.5\chivalry TW' folder.
    (don't select anything in MoD folder, i haven't test that but it should work)

As i have say the mod concept is subject to discuss, and it's hard to make this tool compatible with all sorts of mods.

Never mind, i'll remake all my translation for punic version.

I have just downloaded Rome Tool from the TWCenter link
    I scanned it with AVG which is patched up to date

it came up with the virus Win32Parite which seems to have infected 2 files
    xidx.exe and xpak.exe

maybe someone can scan it with another prog Kaspersky or Trend Micro

for a 2nd and 3rd opinion

If you don't trust me, replace those executables by those downloadable on TWC Download section :
    XIDX exe
    XPAK exe

* If you remove them, it will be impossible to extract music, and Picts (buildings, Units ...)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----> It's good to have a powerful antivirus, But what is his reasoning to detect a "suspect" (i don't say virus but suspects) ?
    Normally i have to talk about this subject in technical sections, but it seems that it's more required here

It's good to provide themselves with a good Antivirus and to update it regularly: the major part of the editors offers in theory updates (free)

But before speaking about antivirus, there are reflexes of good direction to acquire, because you are the first & last line of defence:

Some basic reflexes to acquire What to make in front of all these threats :

To always be aware of an attached files or an object of too gravitational email. To remain careful with the joined files whose name ends in .EXE, .COM, .BAT, .VBS, .PIF, .OVL or .SCR .DOC (Word), .XLS (Excel) or .PPS (Powerpoint), which “can” contain malicious scripts or macros in Visual BASIC. except with being absolutely, completely and completely sure of his contents (in theory, nobody has reason to send you this kind of files, In case of doubt, you do not have any reason to open them: direction TRASH, without reading).

It is very important to note that the three software (Word, Excel and Powerpoint) informs you if the file which you open contains “macro”.

Thus to remain careful, without being paranoiac…

Attention with the double extension, like “something.GIF.VBS” or “something.MPG.EXE”, because it is one of fakes used by the originators of virus to hide the true identity of an infected file.

Not to put in its mouth, forgiveness, in its disk drive, a diskette which one does not know where it trailed.

To datasave its important files regularly, because even with the most extreme vigilance, worst can arrive.

To install an antivirus (the most recent version).

To analyze all that you receive: it is about one of the fundamental points of the prevention.

Analyze all the programs or files which you introduce or introduced into your computer before carrying out them or to open them.

You can thus detect possible the threats before they do not have time to infect any of your files.

To update your definitions of virus.

To update your definitions of virus. Did I say to update your definitions of virus???
    Last edited by HemilcoBarca; March 03, 2007 at 09:53 AM.

how do we make this work for BI?

you need source code to modify faction's names emblems
    and even modify the configuration parameters
    ( RomeTW-BI.exe will be selected in place of Rome TW.exe)

I'm the author of Rome Tool and HemilcoBarca has done the translation.
    I confirm that the sofware does not contain any viruses. The files detected as infected, like Hemilco previously said, are two programs made by Vercingetorix to pack and unpack the musics. If you don't trust us, you can easily delete these files but the music functionnality will not work.

About BI and the others expansions, you must know that I originally made this program for RTW. The compatibility with all mods and add-on is not certain. If you find any bugs or if I you have any questions, feel free to ask us...

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

When ever I try to give a unit to another faction it doesn't work cause when it comes to the part where you give them a building none come up

Waiting for ur Punic Version

ccllnply :
    -> are you using RTW with a mod ?
    -> is the patch 1.5 installed ?
    -> can you describe your actions in Rome Tool (factions, units chosen...) ?

When you say that nothing comes up, you mean that there are no buildings in the list or you can't see the pop-up window ?

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

I don't have patch 1.5 do you need it? And no buildings come up in the list

No you don't really need it even if you are using the backup system in Rome Tool.

And what about the buildings list ? Does everything work correctly ? Because the same system is used to display the buildings when you add a unit in another faction.

Rome Tool revisited, Adware and spyware rechecked.
    I Hope you like it

WoW this tool is outstanding! Well done on this, I must say I was quite surprised. Thanks for releasing this to the community, it has made tweaking modded strat files very easy!

Couple questions, I noticed that carthage can't really be edited in the campaign map buildings section as the options don't show up in the list.
    Also, is there a way to edit the traits and ancillaries? They show up beautifully but nothing seems to be editable.

As for the virus warning, my AV protection picked it up immediately( downloaded recently from the TW center) but I will hold off on deleting this as I'am also using this to copy some of the sound files. ( why the code comes up as a virus I dont know)

Again, thanks for this program!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast