Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: [GS Event] [Third Age - Total Recruitment Patch] Like Rain on the Mountain

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

Default Re: [GS Event] Like Rain on the Mountain (Total Recruitment HS)

Isengard up
    https://www1.zippyshare.com/v/6H26MWIr/file.html
    https://imgur.com/a/74THc20

One step closer to White City
    PS Accidentaly I made save name Isengard_13 insteed of 12

Saruman notes , that the forces of Thengel , King of Rohan , are being supported by an additional army recently arrived and commanded by his son , Théoden, who brings up, this second force of rohirrim , south of Foldburg. Saruman's spies and additional glances at the palantir , gives advance notice of the buildup of forces, and withdraws his own personal army,a little to the west, leaving the fords of isen free, if the roharimm wish to advance upon this strategic of positions .

Saruman increases his searching in the palantir stone , searching for a item , which is hidden to most eyes, but not to all , looking for this one item , that he believes might be a weapon , which would elevate his faction beyond all others.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jf0ob9efi..._M_12.sav?dl=0

Citizen

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Ramble12's Avatar Domesticus
    Last edited by Ramble12; June 23, 2018 at 06:29 PM.

Oh god damn. It is pretty bad that I coudn't support my main army by army from E Osgiliath :/

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Potatoto View Post
    Oh god damn. It is pretty bad that I coudn't support my main army by army from E Osgiliath :/
    That's a useful game mechanic to learn. Sally battles are different from normal battles. If you sally, only enemy/friendly armies adjacent to the settlement will participate. Your army in East Osgiliath was not adjacent to West Osgiliath, so it didn't participate in the sally. The Gondor reinforcement armies were adjacent to West Osgiliath, so they did participate.

This makes sense if you think about it, as a sally would take place right outside the city walls, so enemy armies would need to be close to the settlement to take part.
    Last edited by joerock22; June 24, 2018 at 10:00 AM.

"This makes sense if you think about it, as a sally would take place right outside the city walls, so enemy armies would need to be close to the settlement to take part."

It doesn't because of Osgiliath is one city so my army was close. They were just in other part of the city so not further from my main army than Gondor's supporting army was from his main army. Even if we focus simply on game machanics then Middle Earh realty than my main army was 1 square from East Osgiliath so it is pretty unfair that it doesn't adjacted, but well... I have to live with it

Citizen

I see your point, but the game represents Osgiliath as two independent cities separated by a long bridge. Not a perfect analogy, I'll give you, but it is what it is. I will just say that I don't think we want 10,000 orcs to be able to siege West Osgiliath at one time. The fact that only one stack of orcs can assault or siege the city from the other side of the river is a good thing, otherwise Gondor with inferior AR would have no chance of stopping it.

Ramble12's Avatar Domesticus

Tbh I thought you knew it works that way
    Was trying to make it so I could also take the city out on the same turn I lifted the siege by reinforcing more units and not striking before I needed to (though could do exactly that on the turn you sieged it). But wall bonuses are a real challenge to overcome unless you have like 2:1 advantage, so I had to take action anyway

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

Quote Originally Posted by Ramble12 View Post
    Tbh I thought you knew it works that way
    Was trying to make it so I could also take the city out on the same turn I lifted the siege by reinforcing more units and not striking before I needed to (though could do exactly that on the turn you sieged it). But wall bonuses are a real challenge to overcome unless you have like 2:1 advantage, so I had to take action anyway
    If I would knew it then I would not suicide my main army Insteed of this I would put some general with MP bonus on lead insteed of Which King and send this 4000 orcs to Cair Andors, open second front insteed of puting my bet on pure strength and overwhelming Osgiliath defenses

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

i can do this the third of july if i’m allowed that much time

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Captainnorway View Post
    i can do this the third of july if i’m allowed that much time
    I would rather not wait that long but it's awkward for me subbing the Silvan Elves. Can you give me instructions?

Edit - Dwarves and SE subbed.

Mordor:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ili...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by joerock22; June 30, 2018 at 11:26 AM.

Deep within the forest of Fangorn , a uruk scouting party had moved over many nights moving silenty as they could, on the edge of the border, as they had been warned by Saruman , that care should be taken. Larger uruks beat the smaller ones, keeping them inline , as the group travelled many leagues, sometimes without rest , as they neared there objective, with seemingly only the orc draught , they took with them sustaining them on there long rambling march , on a pace , not many of middle earth could keep up with.

At the end of the week , they finally oversaw , there mission , and the warriors of Rohan , slumbered on the minor camp unaware of the uruks nearby, safe within there settlement which had been designated as Fangorn , but was in reality , just a rohan outpost on the northeastern edge of the forest.

Lord Ugluk beat down another lesser orc of mordor , who wished to rush the men , as soon as they come into sight, but this Uruk-hai had other plans.

"Listen up , you maggots!....We have de's men where we want 'em!", he snarled , and turned to some of the other pack leaders, "Take your scum , around the side, and when you see us , charge in , ..come a-running"

Lord Ugluk had surprising intelligence, perhaps born into his spawning from below Isengard , and he was little going to waste his opportunity , at this chance of battle , as especially in the dark , he and his troop , would have the advantage.

The attack was swift and sudden , which surprised the small guard that Alric , had placed , but still his reactions were razor sharp, awakening at the first yell of pain and first sign of trouble, he reached for blade, rolling in the dirt, scattering his bedding , as he stabbed outward in the dark. A foul orc, darted backwards away from the blow , but quickly rushed forward again, swinging his club multiple times on the dirt, trying to hit the moving man. Alric stabbed forward, taking the orc in the chest, and quickly rolled to the side, avoiding the falling , dying creature , moving finally to his feet.

The camp was in flames , and his vision was blurry from his bloodrush and adrenaline, as the camp was surrounded by overwhelming orc attackers, another orc broke from the pack targeting him, and he delivered a swift block to its weapon , giving it a headbutt to its ugly foul face, before slashing the surprised creature across the throat. Finally spotting a time to take breath and take stock , he looked around , at the multiple combats, and seeing his men mostly down , and the others being overwhelmed he called.

"Retreat!..Retreat! Get you to your horses, men of .....!", suddenly interrupted in his shouting , and waving of his sword, Alric , looked down , at the twin arrows , which had spouted from his chest, running his hand through the fletching feathers of the arrows, with pain and surprise in his eyes, and didn't see the massive uruk swinging a giant ugly black iron blade, which took his head clean off, spinning off into the night.

"Looks like meat is back on the menu boys!" , called out Lord Ugluk before leaving his uruks to finish the job.

Turn to Orcs of Misty Mountain...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/onowx6hgnp..._M_13.sav?dl=0
    Last edited by paladinbob123; June 30, 2018 at 06:36 PM.

Citizen