Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: [GS Event] [Third Age - Total Recruitment Patch] Like Rain on the Mountain

Default Re: [GS Event] Like Rain on the Mountain (Total Recruitment HS)

Whilst the rohan leadership were leading all the main rohan forces to the northwest , a gondor representative took command of the rohan forces of the south, inflicting severe damage to the urstwhile isengard forces in that area. In the east ,a combined rohan battleground pressed against the isengard forces that took Aldburg. Meanwhile the main rohan forces in the north splintered in separate parts , One part besieging Byrig in the northwest , as another part hurried southwards to reinforce the other main army group of rohan[remember rohan had 2 full armies in these parts] , which was threatened by Sarumans main battlegroup move which had headed eastwards, as the rohan force backed away heading northwards, moving closer to there own reinforcements and keeping themselves out of reach.

Saruman knew that force and time was now starting to favour the rohan favour , and had to move his main force into decisive action against rohan to surpass or to break even with there war effort. Small orc like creatures retook the village of Gineard , as Erkenbrand was thwarting the forces of isengard from reaching Helms deep. Back at Byrig those Dunlendings held in siege by two rohan cavalry squads[one skirmisher and one rider of rohan] with two companies of infantry , decided to sally out ,using what they saw was there traditional clan shouts of war , to psyche each other out, to better face the roharrim in combat. The sally only lasted for a hour , as the wildmen of the north , streamed out of the open gate , into the encamped rohan forces, who quickly came to alert, to face, there ancient foe, with their cavalry unready to response, which gave the wildmen a slight advantage.

Fierce combat ensured as axmen met axmen , with the cries of horse's being cut down , as the dunlending took down as many horses as they could to reduce there strength of the enemy cavalry. But there was no clear winner, as the wildmen , didn't have the numbers to break the rohirrim , and they retreated back to the settlement , leaving both sides with many losses.

Turn to misty mountains
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvuh6zp8q9..._M_24.sav?dl=0
    Last edited by paladinbob123; November 21, 2018 at 07:21 AM.
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Harad up!
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/56p0a1

Took Rhosgobel with overwhelming force.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

"I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Seems we are at war with Dragon...

Gondor up! http://www.mediafire.com/file/bf11u8...or_25.sav/file

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

Mordor https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_up...ew?usp=sharing

defeated a warg unit from ootmm, can post pics if requested

my apologies for my delay [I had a bunch of hotseats done at the same time , and I thought I had done them all] I shall have this done today to move things on..

Isengard was losing the war in the northwest and in the south against rohan with its guerrilla actions starting to fail against the far greater mobility of the rohan cavalry, but they had one more sting in the tale , as Saruman moved his battlegroup back towards his home , for the longest time , back to the walls of orthanc. One of the rohan battlegroups commanded by Lord Théoden had moved back to block his move , and had a secondary trailing group behind it which forced a confrontation between the two groups.

Unfortunately the main isengard army stopped short of contact against the army of theoden apart from luckily enough , a uruk general , who had just that bit more energy , leading a charge against the army of rohan from the flank. The almost suicidal flanking general , set the bloodlust of Sarumans army alight with its action.

"Look there! See how a uruk general must fight! See the weak men shrink away from his bravery! A new power is rising ! Its victory is at hand! This night the land will be stained with the blood of Rohan! Let us march back to isengard ! leave none alive! Too war! There will be no dawn ,.....for men!" , said Saruman lifting his white staff summoning lighting bolts that fell from the sky as the cloud above the rohan army grew grey and stormy.

The entire orc, uruk and dunlending gave out a few "Shaku..Shaku!" cries of support , and then howled with delight at finally being unleashed on their foes, as the entire armymoved like a flood of darkness across the lands south of isengard, as the one of the pillars of Rohan meet the forces of isengard in battle.

Battle was long in the telling , as the far greater numbers of isengard , swarmed against the rohan infantry who desperately tried to hold back the hate of the dunlendings who wanted the pain of there captured lands , and the uruks who just had a natural born evil against the men of rohan. Berserkers where unleashed against the centre of the line , and the rohan infantry couldn't hold , being obliterated in combat, with a mass of uruk following into the breachpoint in the line. Rohan cavalry charged repeatedly but they could stop the tide of evil troops pushing and collapsing the centre of the line , causing a mass rout of the rohan infantry.

Theodren cried out and asked his shieldbearer to blow his horn for the retreat, as he lead what men he could, back to orthanc to regroup , for the disaster of the battle on the plains of Isen.

turn to orcs of misty mountains
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/1pg3d4adsy..._M_25.sav?dl=0

Gaming Emeritus

Harad up!
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/ys245b

Took Woldberg with overwhelming forces.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Very busy week asked my ally to sub me just now, sorry for the delay.
    "I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

Isengard
    https://www7.zippyshare.com/v/hgDp4j0O/file.html

Henneth Annun retaken and this 2 militias close to Denethor also beaten. Both with single orcs unites.

Gaming Emeritus

I have played it, but i must have forgotten to upload it

-Stannis Baratheon

-Stannis Baratheon