Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: [GS Event] [Third Age - Total Recruitment Patch] Like Rain on the Mountain

Default Re: [GS Event] Like Rain on the Mountain (Total Recruitment HS)

The season was cold and damp but not so , the incredibly fluid warfare between the Isengard and Rohan factions , as the rohan main force stormed into the town of Duneard which was the provincial capital of Dunland , as the horselords hoped to flush out the dunlending threat in the northwest of isengards terrority. The town of Duneard was held by some of the dunlending veterans , but against the full weight of the one of the two complete army groups which ravaged the northwestern lands there was little hope , but they resisted the best they could, making good against overwhelming odds as the roharrim axemen forced the gate , and hammering the wildmen into submission. The town being captured the roharrim held a slight celebration whilst they considered what to do next....

------------

Saruman rubbed his lengthy wizardly beard , considering his options of the current struggle of Rohan and Isengard . The Horselords had thrown the majority of their weight against Orthanc and pursued his personal army into dunland , in the northwest of rohan lands, whilst two of his battlegroups had been sent out around the edge of rohan lands, striking at the southwest and northeast of Rohan, receiving some successes as they broke the weakly held garrison towns on the edge of the conflict. In the southwest , one of these battlegroups had headed eastwards , nearing the currently empty fortress of the Hornburg , causing Erkenbrand's battlegroup, to stop trying to meet up with the main forces of the king in dunland , and sending it rapidly heading southeast-wards, to resist isengards new attacks.

Whilst in the east , the other group had taken the town of Entwade on the Entwash, heading south nearing the barely defended capital of Rohan , Edoras, causing a flurry of activity , from a cavalry force [which had probably taken fangorn outpost] of two squadrons and another scratch battlegroup, rapidly heading southeast to confront it and block it from taking the rohan capital . Everything seemed to be in flux, Saruman of many colour's mused, and looked at the palantir that stood packed away in the camp , wondering if he dared take another gaze at it , as his mind seemed a lot clearer since he had stopped his exploration of the lands from it.

{Rohan v Isengard map - rohan moves{green} Isengard moves{black} }

-------------------------

Meanwhile Saruman sent a small force of uruks lead by Maudush to confront roharrim riders, who had rode ahead of one of the rohan main army groups which had taken Duneard , and in the forest of Dunland, it was not sure who ambushed who , but it was clear , after a full hour of fighting in the closely packed trees where the uruks and wildmen had a advantage , that the vanguard of the roharrim force had been blunted and been sent reeling back with more than a few empty horses amongst them.

----------------------

In the county of Westmarch , one of the flanking uruk and dunlending army groups took the town of Adorn by surprise, in the dark , having a snaga slip over the thinly defended wooden walls and releasing the catch keeping the gate closed. The clang -clang of the alarm bell rang out in the night calling the militia to arms , but the swarm of wildmen in there righteous fury and the bitter hate of the uruks , pushed them ever faster and faster into the town , and the sounds of the settlement was filled with shouts of pain and alarm , with the many sounds of weapons clashing in the dark , with the odd thatch cottage being set alight. After a hour or so , the clang of the bell ringing out the alarm , ceased , never to ring again , as the boot of a uruk crushed it underfoot..

Turn to Orcs of the Misty Mountains
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/n29nuvxi5x..._M_22.sav?dl=0
    Last edited by paladinbob123; October 19, 2018 at 11:24 AM.
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

"I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Gondor up! http://www.mediafire.com/file/dsm4bd...or_23.sav/file

Thranduil and Legolas killed, Emyn nu fuin taken! PICS

Ramble12's Avatar Domesticus

Extension needed

Edit: a really busy week. I will have time on the weekend only, so if the admin or players see fit, you can sub me

Edit2:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Luh...ew?usp=sharing

Rohan
    Last edited by Ramble12; October 26, 2018 at 07:26 AM.

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

Apologies for the delay, the turn will be up later this day.

Dwarves - http://www.mediafire.com/file/7eg81f...Dwarves_23.sav

This will be my last turn unfortunately as I can't dedicate any more time to this hotseat and don't want to proceed with delays like this. Good luck.
    Last edited by Hannibal2001; October 31, 2018 at 01:52 PM.

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

Saruman received the reports of his goblin spies reporting back that one of the main two rohan's armies moved towards Byrig hoping to take down the dunlending northwestern productions towns . Also another report says that a rohan cavalry unit has taken back derwath town [either that or it rebelled as there was no unit there]. Erkenbrand had also stopped a little way short of the river with his force, decided to perhaps attack any of the uruks which try for a river crossing heading northwards and left Saruman with a tough decision to make. Both his and the main rohan armies have been dodging each other , as neither was unsure of the strength of the other.

Saruman had been conserving his strength , nursing his uruk-hai , and recruiting dunlending veterans , ever improving his own personal army, to what he considered a tough nut to crack , for the rohan forces had greater range of movement than him and could choose the place of battle. But now the time had come , to put his forces to the test, could he move closer to one of the two armies of rohan and have sufficient force to resist a attack? Time had been ticking away , and the distractions he had put into effect had begun to run there course, and this was perhaps the only decisive action which would prove a beneficial strategy. Knowing that , time was of the essense , he cast some defensive spells on his own person , and shouted at the dunlending and uruk commanders to let his banner fly , as they marched eastwards to what he hoped would be a advantageous battle for his own lands.

"We go to Waaaar! There is to be no dawn for men!" , cried Saruman his hand high and wide, and with the dunlendings and uruks cheering as he moved amongst his troops, leading them towards one of the rohan armies , hoping for a positive decisive battle for his plans for domination.

--------------------------

In the east of Rohan , one of Isengards many battlegroups had reached near Edoras, but seeing they had reinforced the capital city , the forces turned southwards deciding to attack the town of Aldburg . Using the cover of night , the uruks stormed into the breach the ballista made in the walls , attacking the force of scouts within . Some made it to there own horses , others fell at the breach point swinging there axes to the surge of uruks that flooded into the town. In the narrow streets, the scouts charged again and again on horseback but couldn't get the heavy charge they needed , with all the twists and turns of the cobbled lanes. Eventually boxed into a corner the uruks using there larger numbers charged them down , killing both horses and riders as the light horsemen fell one by one to might of the uruk iron swords. Slowly the rohan flag was removed , to be replaced by the flag of the white hand, as the commander of the uruk forces, glanced at the City of Edoras , highlighted on a hill to the west, as the sun rose on the landscape. Wincing he turned away , the light being to bright , as he looked in happiness at the much closer bounty of the meal , he and his forces would have this day.

One of the dunlending clan companies didn't follow the uruks to the town , instead intercepting some cavalry who defended a nearby ford. The dunlendings surged out of the trees surprising the riders, within half a hour It was all over, with many riders felled from dunlending spears and the remaining riders fled into the plains to the north.

Turn to Orcs of misty mountains
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/fan6c9hwk4..._M_23.sav?dl=0
    Last edited by paladinbob123; November 02, 2018 at 03:50 PM.
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Harad up!
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/990drl

Tirith Anduin taken with overwhelming forces.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

The save is done, and i thought i uploaded it. But obviously something went wrong, ill try to reupload. My bad people

Edit:
    The save was done, not sure what happened, again sorry
    Rhûn: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9503br...RM_Rhûn_23.sav
    Last edited by REDBOOSTY; November 11, 2018 at 09:10 AM.
    "I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

Gaming Emeritus

Gondor up! http://www.mediafire.com/file/6fgr9u...or_24.sav/file

Silvan Elves destroyed by taking Rhogosbel with a hidden unit... GG Giagos!

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

The Rohan player withdrew, so I looked at the faction. Rohan still has a lot to play for, and I don't think it's suitable for an admin sub, since it's part of a team. I will send a cleared save to Ramble. IMO Gondor should sub or recruit a player willing to take over.

Ramble12's Avatar Domesticus

I'm probably not going to get time to play until thursday, so i request that i'd be subbed by my ally

Gaming Emeritus

Sadly, your ally is too busy aswell